Founder2013 - PRESENTNoteriver.com
Technologies: Ember.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Developed a music synthesizer using instrument samples and the Web Audio API.
- Designed an interactive, responsive piano roll renderer in SVG and HTML5 Canvas.
- Retooled the Web Audio API synthesis and canvas renderer as a Node.js background task to generate videos.
- Integrated with YouTube to enable video export and upload.
- Built an API in Ruby on Rails complaint with json:api v1.0.
- Developed a direct-to-s3 signed file uploader.
Software Developer2015 - 2016FocusVision
Technologies: Ember.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Collaborated with a team of six to develop a qualitative marketing research platform.
- Integrated legacy authentication for multiple roles (admin, researcher, participant, observer).
- Developed a background job for creating "printable reports" critical to clients' business needs.
- Built a JSON API on top of an existing Ruby on Rails back-end.
- Built the front-end in Ember CLI with carefully considered UX details.
Research Assistant2010 - 2013University of Washington, Seattle
Technologies: Python, iOS
- Developed an iOS app that infers the mode of locomotion (walking, biking, driving, bussing, etc.) from sensor data (GPS location, speed, acceleration, etc.) cross-referenced with ground-level data (bus stops, streets, sidewalks, etc.).
- Developed an algorithm that predicts novel bacteria symbiosis from microbial metabolism big data.
Software Development Intern2010 - 2010Amazon.com
- Developed an internal inventory service for EC2.
- Parsed inventory data dumps in different formats.
- Built a command line interface to query inventory availability.