Owner/UX Developer2016 - PRESENTDark House Development
- Migrated a client's WordPress site from an old and outdated template to a new responsive template.
- Developed weekly responsive email newsletters that are cross-platform compatible and implemented as MailChimp templates.
- Developed a new WordPress website for a master plan community featured a custom built home search feature utilizing advanced custom fields with custom post types for home models and builders.
- Developed a PHP form in a website running ModX that directly links the data into a CRM including the current page URL and other dynamic variables to track which version of the page was viewed.
- Performed routine maintenance on multiple sites running WordPress, including additional pages and templates, theme modifications, feature additions, and other custom development needs.
- Developed a user portal in WordPress allowing registered users of the site to login and download time-sensitive materials and allow admins to reach all of their users individually with user-specific assets.
- Defined the overall user experience, layout, wireframes, and sitemaps for an enterprise-level site featuring over 75,000 pages and over 40 individual templates.
- Developed HTML prototypes for an enterprise-level site featuring over 40 unique templates using a reusable kit that includes files based on atomic design principles.
- Developed an HTML-based style guide broken down into individual components featuring visual examples as well as code snippets that could be previewed and duplicated easily in templates.
- Converted static PHP landing pages into custom WordPress templates featuring easily editable fields and admin experiences using advanced custom fields.
Technology Director2012 - 2016Bigfish Creative Group
- Developed over 40 websites per year using a combination of WordPress or hard-coded PHP-based websites.
- Created wireframes and interactive prototypes for websites and web applications.
- Created a custom project management tool in PHP that features login authentication, multiple user levels, task assignment, workflows, and a custom PDF generator.
- Handled all client relation needs regarding development including email, phone, and in-person meetings and presentations.
- Designed the user experience and developed the new site for the Fiesta Bowl in WordPress right before one of their biggest games ever in 2015 (www.fiestabowl.org).
- Developed custom user portals for multiple sites in WordPress featuring user logins, profiles, asset management, calendars, and more.
- Developed custom marketing automation campaigns and implemented them in many different softwares including Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, and Act-On.
- Completed certification in Eloqua to become a Certified Eloqua Product Master.
- Developed and implemented lead scoring and lead nurture strategies in multiple marketing automation platforms.
- Developed cross-platform responsive HTML emails.
- Created the user experience, sitemaps, wireframes, and HTML prototypes for one of the largest HR organizations in the US, WorldatWork, to completely overhaul their website containing over 75,000 pages.
- Built a custom searchable real estate database in WordPress using Advanced Custom Fields and a custom search query that is now being utilized on 4 of the largest master plan communities in Arizona, Verrado, Marley Park, Eastmark, and Vistancia.
- Built a custom product listing website featuring a custom search query as well as search filter options based on product features in WordPress.
- Developed a custom mobile-first website framework for both static websites and WordPress themes utilizing the SUSY grid and Compass SCSS mix-ins.
- Developed a tool that connects to the Instagram API and generates a personality based on your followers, following, and total posts data.
- Migrated multiple WordPress sites between different server environments and hosting providers.
Creative Director/Usability Analyst2007 - 2012Jawa
- Analyzed Google PPC and landing page conversions using real-time stats to launch multivariate tests.
- Worked on a custom-built PHP MVC framework to serve up multivariate tests on over 50 URLs at any given time using YML config files.
- Used user experience and marketing analysis to refine landing pages to improve conversions.
- Led a team of fifteen designers and developers.
Senior Graphic Designer2004 - 2007Anthem College Online
- Designed online courses in Adobe Flash.
- Wrote custom ActionScript.
- Designed and developed an online interface to present an interactive classroom to students.
- Led a team of 10 designers and developers.
- Created Adobe Flash-based games, animations, and interactive elements.