Senior Data Engineer2020 - PRESENTeSage Group
Technologies: SQL Azure, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure Key Vault, Azure Logic Apps, Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Flow, SQL, DAX, Database Design, JSON, ETL Tools, Azure, Data Warehousing, Data, Databases, Programming, SQL Server BI, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), APIs, T-SQL, SQL Stored Procedures, SQL Server Agent, Data Warehouse Design, Azure Virtual Machines, Microsoft Power BI, Stored Procedure, ETL, Data Modeling, DB, Microsoft SQL Server, Stored Procedures
- Developed a warehouse solution using the Microsoft tech stack for a scanning-and-profiling tool that benchmarks Microsoft security competitors.
- Designed a weekly process to ingest scanning data, compare week-over-week results, and manage automatic alerts.
- Analyzed data to design and provide insights of customer wins and losses and find patterns to train a future machine-learning predictive model.
- Worked in the discovery, design and development of a Microsoft Azure-based, reporting-and-analytics data platform responsible for serving the dashboard needs of an international chocolate manufacturer company.
- Developed the Azure Data Factory pipelines for transforming external data using data flows and Databricks notebooks and an auditing procedure with custom logs and automatic mail notifications on Azure Logic Apps.
Project Manager | Business Intelligence Engineer2017 - 2020eSage Group
Technologies: T-SQL, SharePoint, C#, Windows PowerShell, Azure, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Data Lake, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server, DB, Stored Procedure, Data Engineering, Database Administration (DBA)
- Planned, designed, and deployed the data architecture and strategy for the Microsoft US BSO team based on the fiscal year customer requirements and aligned to the rhythm of the business and the business review cycles.
- Assured the development's team implementation of the SQL Server data warehouse, SSIS/ADF ETL solution and on the different reporting end-user solutions deployed on Excel, PowerApps, Power BI, and custom C# MVC web applications.
- Developed a target cascade model to impact seller bonuses and geographic territory performance of sales units. The model calculated and distributed customer wins projections based on n-custom criteria using the largest remainder method (T-SQL).
- Managed the project activities and the work pipeline, scoped changes on the reporting or data models and implemented actions that brought value to the client and/or optimized resources.
- Operationalized as a personal initiative the gradual migration of all the on-premise infrastructure to Azure to achieve better performance and reduce costs (since most of our upstream sources live in Azure Data Lake and Azure resources).
Business Intelligence Engineer2015 - 2017eSage Group
Technologies: T-SQL, SQL Stored Procedures, SQL Server Agent, IIS, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Warehouse Design, PowerPivot, Database Administration (DBA)
- Maintained and developed ETL processes and containers on SSIS which included monitoring, troubleshooting, and facilitating escalations of data source issues.
- Composed T-SQL scripts to recreate dimension and fact tables for the data warehouse.
- Implemented a process to refresh, publish, and audit preliminary and final month-end MBR tools, KPI reports, executive dashboards, forecast tools, and management reports for the Microsoft US business operations and solutions team.
- Developed and implemented a web application tool used in the MBR process to gather quarterly forecasts at different segment levels to generate KPIs and dashboards.
Development Team Lead2012 - 2015Softtek
Technologies: .NET, Web MVC, SQL Server BI, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), APIs, Data Warehousing
- Project-managed, developed, and maintained two web application portals on .NET MVC technology and SQL Server. The apps centralized security-related information from several tools and services while displaying dashboards for security leaders.
- Developed the back-end data solution based on on-premise SQL Server and SSIS ETL tasks; it ingested data from various security services and tools into a database and then sent it to a reporting database for the web app and external connections.
- Implemented the Agile methodology based on Scrum to support the quick adoption of new security tools, data ingestion, and turnaround of the final dashboards based on biweekly feedback from the security leaders.
Lead Security Analyst2009 - 2012Softtek
Technologies: Penetration Testing, Project Management, QualysGuard, Python, HP WebInspect
- Served as a project manager for the team and implemented the scanning and automatic testing of the applications; this included mentoring junior auditors and coordinating new initiatives and research to give additional value to customer services.
- Actively participated in penetration testing engagements for external environments of GE Capital Europe which included the banking business, focusing on application vulnerability detection.
- Led security assessments of web, client/server, and mainframe applications of diverse technologies and frameworks with gray-box and black-box techniques.
Security Auditor2007 - 2009Softtek
Technologies: Ethical Hacking, Application Security, Vulnerability Assessment
- Performed vulnerability assessments focusing on detecting critical and high issues for GE's internal web applications.
- Researched vulnerability assessment techniques and security tools for use in the internal process.
- Developed a web application tool to manage the vulnerability assessment findings and generate the final report for the client.