Principal Software Engineer | CEO2016 - PRESENTQuill Technologies, LLC
- Designed and developed Vendorsync SaaS accounting productivity app with Quickbooks Desktop integration. Reduced customer data entry burden by over 50%.
- Refactored GCODE rendering engine for a 3D printer to extract logic from base application. This allowed the client to establish additional product lines.
- Designed and developed Public API for healthcare company enabling partner integrations to meet state government contract requirements.
- Was a sole principal of a software development firm servicing clients in accounting, eCommerce, and online learning verticals. I worked on consultation, development, and implementation deliverables for the entire Software Development Life Cycle.
- Conducted source code and project audits to guide technology strategy. Deliverables resulted in immediate cost savings and measurable technology improvements for clients.
- Delivered features in the online orders portal for robotic handwriting startup. Enhanced letter design, templating, font ligatures, new handwriting style implementations, and customer onboarding.
- Created a data integration system for managing over 50 distinct membership data imports. Involved multiple CRM integrations including YourMembership, iMIS, and WebLinks.
- Delivered prototype Xamarin mobile gift card wallet application for Android and iOS.
- Consulted on and implemented eCommerce analytics and SEO best practices for multiple clients.
- Delivered LMS implementation using WordPress, WooCommerce, and LearnDash.
Developer Analyst II2010 - 2016National Restaurant Association
- Designed, developed, and maintained the document generation system for the ServSafe e-Certs module. The project reduced printing and shipping costs by over US $1,000,000 per year.
- Delivered Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration pipelines using Powershell and Microsoft Release Management. Reduced deployment time for applications from hours to minutes.
- Created application for streamlining NRA committee selections using Visual Basic and MS Access which reduced process flow from multiple weeks to six hours.
- Managed external vendor relationships to migrate the proxy voting process from paper to online platform, saving paper mailing costs, and reducing legal exposure.
- Designed and implemented back-end WCF services to drive online learning, eCommerce, assessment, and food safety certification applications (ServSafe.com).
- Created a proprietary library for running C# code on Apache Storm. This library pre-dated publicly available SDKs by approximately six months (StormSharp).
- Wrote independently Python module to scrape undocumented legacy ColdFusion and generate documentation from file metadata.