Java Developer in Athens, Central Athens, Greece
Full-stack Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTTastingTable (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember.js, Node.js, Express.js, Redis, Parse/Parse SDK, Mocha, Algolia, Branch metrics
- Maintained and enhanced an Ember.js Dine web app.
- Integrated with third party services.
- Implemented an Ember.js web app for newsletter preparation.
- Implemented a Parse-based administration dashboard web app.
- Implemented features in Parse with Parse SDK and Cloud Code.
Lead Software Engineer, Architect2005 - PRESENTAltec Integration S.A.
- Created a software development framework and methodology in Java covering all layers by integrating various external frameworks (e.g., Vaadin, BIRT). It's been the development framework of most SW Projects.
- Designed and led the implementation of the Greek Public Sector Information System for Source of Wealth.
- Designed and led the implementation of the Information System of Statistics for the Ministry of Justice of Greece. The solution consists, amongst other subsystems, of a platform generating dynamically business forms/applications.
- Designed and led the implementation of the Information System for Managing Researches in Hellenic Statistical Authority using tablets.
- Designed and led the implementation of the Project of Digital Services of the Greek Ministry of Agriculture.
- Designed and led the implementation of the public web application for the Greek Price Observatory of the Ministry of Development.
- Contributed to the design of and led the implementation of HTPC software.
Front-end Software Engineer2016 - 2017Simply360 (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember.js, SCSS
- Worked on the UI/UX of Simply360 CRM system to provide proper responsive support of the system to devices and resolve UI issues.
- Created custom UI components and functionalities.
- Optimized UI behavior in terms of performance and usability.
- Integrated third-party JS libraries.
- Refactored SCSS structure.
Mentor/Instructor2015 - 2016Thinkful (via Toptal)
- Mentored engineers using the Ember.js framework.
- Created courses demonstrating apps for real-world use cases.
- Created a small app for previewing images.
- Created reusable components for providing CRUD functionality.
Software Engineer2008 - 2014Freelance
- Created several websites for clients based on Joomla, Liferay, and WordPress.
- Designed and implemented many business processes for a SOA-based information system.
- Created portals providing solutions based on Liferay.
- Created catalogs and e-shops providing solutions based on VirtueMart and K2 CCK.
- Used jQuery Mobile in conjuction with Ember.js to create mobile app-based views prepared by CMS.
Software Developer (freelance collaboration)2002 - 2004SW House, Aristotle University
Technologies: Java SE, Java EE, ADF, SQL
- Participated in implementing use cases of a Maintenance Software System.
- Analyzed, designed, and participated in EU meetings targeted on the use of software agents to build energy auction mechanisms.
- Researched and developed software agents in n-tier distributed systems.
- Applied UP/RUP software process and UML in various projects.
- Researched and applied the full testing cycle based on tools for manual and automated procedures.
- Data-related Ember.js Components (Other amazing things)
Custom Ember.js components and mix-ins providing common data-related functions (e.g., CRUD, validations with promises, commit/rollback of state) in a concise manner.
- Oracle-certified Expert (Other amazing things)https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/940bba5c-10cc-4a2f-b83b-8b0e119db9c2/public_url
Certification in Java EE 6 Java Persistence API, 2014.
- Oracle-certified Professional (Other amazing things)https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/00ab39df-8735-484a-ab3c-ca0258abe64b/public_url
Certification in Java SE 6 Programming, 2012
- Stack Overflow Profile (Other amazing things)http://stackoverflow.com/users/2835455/melc
My activities at StackOverflow.
FrameworksJPA, Ember.js, Vaadin, Bootstrap, Express.js, Redux, jBPM, Rational Unified Process (RUP), JUnit, Cordova, ADF, PhoneGap
Libraries/APIsjQuery, React, Node.js, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, jQuery Mobile
ToolsBirt Report, NPM, Alfresco, JDeveloper, Subversion (SVN), Git, Webpack, Mocha, Apache, SoapUI, Adobe Photoshop, Eclipse IDE, Sonar, Apache JMeter, Maven
PlatformsJEE, WordPress, NetBeans, Joomla, Parse, JBoss, JSE, Algolia, Oracle, Intalio
OtherEmber CLI, GlassFish, CAS, ApacheDS, Liferay, EJB
ParadigmsDesign Patterns, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), BEM, SMACSS
StorageRedis, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Master's degree in Computing Science2001 - 2002Birkbeck University of London - London, England
- B.Eng. (Hons) degree in Civil Engineering1998 - 2001University of East London - London, England
- Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Java Persistence API DeveloperFEBRUARY 2014 - PRESENTOracle
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 ProgrammerNOVEMBER 2012 - PRESENTOracle