- Full-stack Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTTastingTable (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember.js, Node.js, Express.js, Redis, Parse/Parse SDK, Mocha, Algolia, Branch metrics
- Maintained and enhanced an Ember.js Dine web app.
- Integrated with third party services.
- Implemented an Ember.js web app for newsletter preparation.
- Implemented a Parse-based administration dashboard web app.
- Implemented features in Parse with Parse SDK and Cloud Code.
- Lead Software Engineer, Architect2005 - PRESENTAltec Integration S.A.
- Created a software development framework and methodology in Java covering all layers by integrating various external frameworks (e.g., Vaadin, BIRT). It's been the development framework of most SW Projects.
- Designed and led the implementation of the Greek Public Sector Information System for Source of Wealth.
- Designed and led the implementation of the Information System of Statistics for the Ministry of Justice of Greece. The solution consists, amongst other subsystems, of a platform generating dynamically business forms/applications.
- Designed and led the implementation of the Information System for Managing Researches in Hellenic Statistical Authority using tablets.
- Designed and led the implementation of the Project of Digital Services of the Greek Ministry of Agriculture.
- Designed and led the implementation of the public web application for the Greek Price Observatory of the Ministry of Development.
- Contributed to the design of and led the implementation of HTPC software.
- Front-end Software Engineer2016 - 2017Simply360 (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember.js, SCSS
- Worked on the UI/UX of Simply360 CRM system to provide proper responsive support of the system to devices and resolve UI issues.
- Created custom UI components and functionalities.
- Optimized UI behavior in terms of performance and usability.
- Integrated third-party JS libraries.
- Refactored SCSS structure.
- Mentor/Instructor2015 - 2016Thinkful (via Toptal)
- Mentored engineers using the Ember.js framework.
- Created courses demonstrating apps for real-world use cases.
- Created a small app for previewing images.
- Created reusable components for providing CRUD functionality.
- Software Engineer2008 - 2014Freelance
- Created several websites for clients based on Joomla, Liferay, and WordPress.
- Designed and implemented many business processes for a SOA-based information system.
- Created portals providing solutions based on Liferay.
- Created catalogs and e-shops providing solutions based on VirtueMart and K2 CCK.
- Used jQuery Mobile in conjuction with Ember.js to create mobile app-based views prepared by CMS.
- Software Developer (freelance collaboration)2002 - 2004SW House, Aristotle University
Technologies: Java SE, Java EE, ADF, SQL
- Participated in implementing use cases of a Maintenance Software System.
- Analyzed, designed, and participated in EU meetings targeted on the use of software agents to build energy auction mechanisms.
- Researched and developed software agents in n-tier distributed systems.
- Applied UP/RUP software process and UML in various projects.
- Researched and applied the full testing cycle based on tools for manual and automated procedures.