Senior Full-stack Engineer2020 - PRESENTToptal Clients
- Refactored a supply chain application MVP into a scalable and maintainable project (reduced code duplication, moved the app logic from the front end into the back end, paginated huge data queries, defined and implemented coding standards).
- Monitored and helped a team of five developers implement the new coding standards through code reviews and daily meetings.
- Designed the architecture and created a second supply chain application meant to serve many users who need to perform complex operations from inventory management to managing orders internally and externally to their clients.
- Participated in improving an app that offers an online theatrical experience with interactive participation of the viewers. My task was to ensure that certain visual and audio tracks synchronize for all users despite their location and show start time.
Senior Web Developer2014 - PRESENTFreelance Work
- Developed and maintained a large number of websites and web applications while working extensively with publishers to create a great web experience for their readers and to give them a technical edge in acquiring SEO traffic.
- Helped my clients to go from a few thousand to 400,000 visitors per month while their sites were under my technical supervision and maintenance.
- Kept my clients' sites up to date with the new developments in web requirements (site speed, technical SEO, and visual design trends).
- Developed and maintained more than 25 web projects.
- Integrated various web services: content/product feeds, automatic SMS notification/authentication services, real-time communication between clients, and server using Socket.IO/polling.
CTO2017 - 2020Tradunity
- Created a startup together with a business partner in the financial products sphere.
- Coordinated the team and grew it from two to eight people while having both technical and non-technical employees.
- Created and maintained the code for our community website and integrated various services into it using the Telegram Bot API, Discord Bots API, Twilio, Zendesk, Mailchimp, and so on.
- Wore all the hats in the company, from technical development, HR responsibilities, partner relationships to creating and coordinating the marketing campaigns, and managing our finances.
Senior Web Development Consultant2014 - 2017Altelog
- Stepped up to working as a consultant within top tier French companies and French government institutes.
- Integrated the front-end landing pages with high conversion rates for a Drupal 7 application. The client was Cellfish Media, a fast-paced mobile online marketing company.
- Led a team of developers to create the front-end themes and the back end of two government websites in Drupal 7.
- Served as the lead developer for a startup financed by Engie called Green Channel—integrating clients via Salesforce and creating the front-end theme in a Drupal 7 application.
Web Development Consultant2013 - 2014Algo-Expert
- Trained my colleagues in Drupal 7 and taught them the differences between Drupal 6 and 7.
- Worked as a consultant while being based in Paris.
- Maintained 2 Drupal applications for clients in Paris.
Web Developer2012 - 2013Cybervision
- Maintained and evolved several client websites in Drupal 6/7 and Joomla.
- Tracked and fixed bugs in Redmine and Jira and created workflows for client feedback and bug resolution.
- Participated in client briefs, contract negotiation, requirements analysis, and offer creation.
Web Developer2008 - 2010Uniway
- Developed two websites in Drupal 6 for a steel company and a news outlet in Belgium.
- Created the themes that adhered to Drupal 6 standards at that time.
- Integrated a web service that sent and received XML data. This was 2008, so quite complex for its time.