- PresidentPhfeast, Inc.2014 - PRESENT
Technologies: RESTful web services in .NET, App development in Swift, Entity Framework, SQL Server, SQL Azure, OAuth
- Founded Phfeast, Inc., as a software company engaged with social issues. Developed a loyalty program that provided free restaurant meals to families in need.
- Created a suite of secure, high-performance, RESTful web services in .NET responsible for fully supporting both a popular AngularJS web app and mobile app prototype.
- Developed an automated email alert subscription service and profile management system, regularly sending thousands of custom messages per day.
- Performed a web application performance audit and analysis that led to significant page load time improvements.
- Implemented automated functional tests, load tests, and executive reports, employing .NET tools, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Lua web API scripts.
- Integrated Google maps, Amazon Web Services, OAuth providers, and social media plug-ins within a responsive web offering.
- Implemented SEO prerendering techniques to support proper indexation of AngularJS pages by internet search engines.
- Director of Software EngineeringPolyRemedy, Inc.2012 - 2013
Technologies: Android mobile app, .NET web services in C#, SQL Server
- Delivered a complete Android smartphone app, a RESTful web service API, and a dynamic HTLM5 user interface within a 12-month time frame.
- Produced a first-in-class web service platform for in-home patient assessment and therapeutic fulfillment by healthcare professionals.
- Drove the transformation of an existing engineering group into a high performing team through the implementation of Agile methods, code reviews, and automated testing.
- Managed the engineering department budget, staffing, and multiple product schedules throughout the development life cycle.
- Worked closely with heads of marketing, clinical research, and operations to coordinate product deliveries.
- Analyzed camera sensor data from multiple smartphone models.
- Incorporated event driven text messaging into our mobile app.
- Software Engineering Team LeadPolyRemedy, Inc.2011 - 2012
- Led a distributed team of engineers, designers, and quality assurance professionals in releasing an innovative software product for home health aides and visiting nurses.
- Turned diverse user needs and stakeholder desires into achievable milestones, resulting in on-time and well-tested product delivery.
- Managed web application availability and medical product fulfillment operations.
- Served as software architect, dev ops manager, and security chief.
- Produced a scalable SQL Server database design and Entity Framework mapping for efficient querying and retrieval by .NET web services and automated services.
- Principal Software EngineerUnidesk Corporation2009 - 2011
- Integrated LDAP user accounts, VMware vSphere and View resources, and external APIs to create a broad set of secure .NET web services to manage virtual machines and application deployment.
- Integrated ActiveMQ messaging and inter-process communication using .NET remoting for a scalable, distributed architecture.
- Redesigned critical business applications to improve performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Served as Scrum master to a cross-functional team of six developers working on a range of product features.
- Automated testing and deployment in both Microsoft .NET IIS and Linux Apache Mono environments using Python, NUnit, NCover, and Bamboo.
- Founder and Chief ArchitectNapierski Consulting2006 - 2009
- Directed software development within a client team during development of a large-scale data-driven web application offering custom financial reports.
- Redesigned a client data model using SQL Server and NHibernate to facilitate efficient database querying.
- Advised large and medium sized clients in the adoption of Agile development methods.
- Completed evaluations of Internet technologies for clients to improve website performance, security, and usability.
- Developed custom software testing tools for Mathematica.
- Senior Software EngineerArts Alliance Labs, Inc.2004 - 2006
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, .NET, HTML, XML, SQL Server, NUnit
- Developed a recommendation server for a large DVD rental company based upon collaborative filtering technology.
- Designed and implemented the membership and administration systems for multiple websites in a widespread European digital cinema initiative.
- Drove the adoption of a number of best practices including test driven development.
- Set up a continuous integration server to automate builds and deployments.
- Created a tiered architecture for a high performance web application.
- Software Engineer and ScientistCharles River Analytics, Inc.2001 - 2004
- Redesigned an advanced Human Behavior Representation (HBR) based upon the Recognition-Primed Decision (RPD) model for a government research project.
- Developed a component-based architecture that allowed users to construct a wide variety of autonomous intelligent agents.
- Organized communication between the development team and the government sponsor.
- Co-authored and presented a research paper on the project at the Conference on Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation.
- Implemented Bayesian network, fuzzy logic, and expert system technologies integrated within a Department of Defense simulation.