President2014 - PRESENTNapierski Consulting
Technologies: Stellar SDK, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin, Blockchain
- Developed and deployed Solidity contracts on Ethereum blockchain using Truffle as well as a custom Node.js React front end. Executed RPC commands using Web3.js to publish and execute contracts on test and main networks.
- Architected the payment and collateral system on Stellar blockchain. Developed a fork of Stellar core in C++ to support custom ledger features.
- Created an alt-coin, forked from Litecoin, capable of storing and querying text records on the blockchain.
- Developed signal and trading bots using cryptocurrency exchange APIs in Node.js.
- Administered full Ethereum, BTC, and LTC nodes in a local development environment and in virtual infrastructure using Ansible, Terraform, and Docker.
- Audited a complex Node.js React/Redux web application to identify security concerns and performance issues. Recommended steps to automate deployments in Azure and manage pull requests in Git.
- Led the development of several models using AWS SageMaker, Python, and Mathematica. Each accurately predicted home listing prices in a large metropolitan area using MLS listings in a supervised learning environment.
- Created a chatbot using IBM’s Watson that processed legal contracts to determine effective dates and critical clauses contained within.
President2014 - 2016Phfeast, Inc.
Technologies: OAuth, Azure SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, Swift, .NET, RESTful Web Services
- Founded Phfeast, Inc., as a software company engaged with social issues. Developed a loyalty program that provided free restaurant meals to families in need.
- Created a suite of secure, high-performance, RESTful web services in .NET responsible for fully supporting both a popular AngularJS web app and mobile app prototype.
- Developed an automated email alert subscription service and profile management system, regularly sending thousands of custom messages per day.
- Performed a web application performance audit and analysis that led to significant page load time improvements.
- Implemented automated functional tests, load tests, and executive reports, employing .NET tools, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Lua web API scripts.
- Integrated Google maps, Amazon Web Services, OAuth providers, and social media plugins within a responsive web offering.
- Implemented SEO pre-rendering techniques to support proper indexation of AngularJS pages by internet search engines.
Director of Software Engineering2012 - 2013PolyRemedy, Inc.
Technologies: Mobile, Android, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Services, C#, .NET
- Delivered a complete Android smartphone app, a RESTful web service API, and a dynamic HTML5 user interface within a 12-month timeframe.
- Produced a first-in-class web service platform for in-home patient assessment and therapeutic fulfillment by healthcare professionals.
- Drove the transformation of an existing engineering group into a high performing team through the implementation of Agile methods, code reviews, and automated testing.
- Managed the engineering department budget, staffing, and multiple product schedules throughout the development lifecycle.
- Worked closely with heads of marketing, clinical research, and operations to coordinate product deliveries.
- Analyzed camera sensor data from multiple smartphone models.
- Incorporated event-driven text messaging into our mobile app.
Software Engineering Team Lead2011 - 2012PolyRemedy, Inc.
- Led a distributed team of engineers, designers, and quality assurance professionals in releasing an innovative software product for home health aides and visiting nurses.
- Turned diverse user needs and stakeholder desires into achievable milestones, resulting in on-time and well-tested product delivery.
- Managed web application availability and medical product fulfillment operations.
- Served as software architect, DevOps manager, and security chief.
- Produced a scalable SQL Server database design and Entity Framework mapping for efficient querying and retrieval by .NET web services and automated services.
Principal Software Engineer2009 - 2011Unidesk Corporation
- Integrated LDAP user accounts, VMware vSphere and View resources, and external APIs to create a broad set of secure .NET web services to manage virtual machines and application deployment.
- Integrated ActiveMQ messaging and inter-process communication using .NET remoting for a scalable, distributed architecture.
- Redesigned critical business applications to improve performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Served as Scrum master to a cross-functional team of six developers working on a range of product features.
- Automated testing and deployment in both Microsoft .NET IIS and Linux Apache Mono environments using Python, NUnit, NCover, and Bamboo.
Founder and Chief Architect2006 - 2009Napierski Consulting
- Directed software development within a client team during development of a large-scale data-driven web application offering custom financial reports.
- Redesigned a client data model using SQL Server and NHibernate to facilitate efficient database querying.
- Advised large and medium sized clients in the adoption of Agile development methods.
- Completed evaluations of internet technologies for clients to improve website performance, security, and usability.
- Developed custom software testing tools for Mathematica.
Senior Software Engineer2004 - 2006Arts Alliance Labs, Inc.
Technologies: NUnit, Microsoft SQL Server, XML, HTML, .NET, ASP.NET, C#
- Developed a recommendation server for a large DVD rental company based upon collaborative filtering technology.
- Designed and implemented the membership and administration systems for multiple websites in a widespread European digital cinema initiative.
- Drove the adoption of a number of best practices including test driven development.
- Set up a continuous integration server to automate builds and deployments.
- Created a tiered architecture for a high-performance web application.
Software Engineer and Scientist2001 - 2004Charles River Analytics, Inc.
- Redesigned an advanced human behavior representation (HBR) based upon the recognition-primed decision (RPD) model for a government research project.
- Developed a component-based architecture that allowed users to construct a wide variety of autonomous intelligent agents.
- Organized communication between the development team and the government sponsor.
- Co-authored and presented a research paper on the project at the Conference on Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation.
- Implemented Bayesian network, fuzzy logic, and expert system technologies integrated within a Department of Defense simulation.