C# Developer in Boston, MA, United States
Member since December 20, 2015
Dan is a software architect and technology professional focusing on applications of blockchain technologies. He has years of experience providing professional consulting services to clients ranging from startups to global corporations. He specializes in bringing rigorous testing and bulletproof code to tough engineering challenges. He has deep expertise in many aspects of artificial intelligence, blockchain, machine learning, and automation.
President2014 - PRESENTNapierski Consulting
Technologies: Blockchain Applications Using Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Stellar
- Developed and deployed Solidity contracts on Ethereum blockchain.
- Designed architecture of payment and collateral system on Stellar blockchain.
- Created an alt-coin (Litecoin fork) capable of storing and querying text records on the blockchain.
- Developed signal and trading bots using cryptocurrency exchange APIs.
- Administered full BTC and LTC nodes and worked with their command line and RPC interfaces.
President2014 - 2016Phfeast, Inc.
Technologies: RESTful Web Services, .NET, Swift, Entity Framework, SQL Server, SQL Azure, OAuth
- Founded Phfeast, Inc., as a software company engaged with social issues. Developed a loyalty program that provided free restaurant meals to families in need.
- Created a suite of secure, high-performance, RESTful web services in .NET responsible for fully supporting both a popular AngularJS web app and mobile app prototype.
- Developed an automated email alert subscription service and profile management system, regularly sending thousands of custom messages per day.
- Performed a web application performance audit and analysis that led to significant page load time improvements.
- Implemented automated functional tests, load tests, and executive reports, employing .NET tools, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Lua web API scripts.
- Integrated Google maps, Amazon Web Services, OAuth providers, and social media plug-ins within a responsive web offering.
- Implemented SEO prerendering techniques to support proper indexation of AngularJS pages by internet search engines.
Director of Software Engineering2012 - 2013PolyRemedy, Inc.
Technologies: Android Mobile App, .NET Web Services in C#, SQL Server
- Delivered a complete Android smartphone app, a RESTful web service API, and a dynamic HTLM5 user interface within a 12-month timeframe.
- Produced a first-in-class web service platform for in-home patient assessment and therapeutic fulfillment by healthcare professionals.
- Drove the transformation of an existing engineering group into a high performing team through the implementation of Agile methods, code reviews, and automated testing.
- Managed the engineering department budget, staffing, and multiple product schedules throughout the development lifecycle.
- Worked closely with heads of marketing, clinical research, and operations to coordinate product deliveries.
- Analyzed camera sensor data from multiple smartphone models.
- Incorporated event-driven text messaging into our mobile app.
Software Engineering Team Lead2011 - 2012PolyRemedy, Inc.
- Led a distributed team of engineers, designers, and quality assurance professionals in releasing an innovative software product for home health aides and visiting nurses.
- Turned diverse user needs and stakeholder desires into achievable milestones, resulting in on-time and well-tested product delivery.
- Managed web application availability and medical product fulfillment operations.
- Served as software architect, dev ops manager, and security chief.
- Produced a scalable SQL Server database design and Entity Framework mapping for efficient querying and retrieval by .NET web services and automated services.
Principal Software Engineer2009 - 2011Unidesk Corporation
- Integrated LDAP user accounts, VMware vSphere and View resources, and external APIs to create a broad set of secure .NET web services to manage virtual machines and application deployment.
- Integrated ActiveMQ messaging and inter-process communication using .NET remoting for a scalable, distributed architecture.
- Redesigned critical business applications to improve performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Served as Scrum master to a cross-functional team of six developers working on a range of product features.
- Automated testing and deployment in both Microsoft .NET IIS and Linux Apache Mono environments using Python, NUnit, NCover, and Bamboo.
Founder and Chief Architect2006 - 2009Napierski Consulting
- Directed software development within a client team during development of a large-scale data-driven web application offering custom financial reports.
- Redesigned a client data model using SQL Server and NHibernate to facilitate efficient database querying.
- Advised large and medium sized clients in the adoption of Agile development methods.
- Completed evaluations of Internet technologies for clients to improve website performance, security, and usability.
- Developed custom software testing tools for Mathematica.
Senior Software Engineer2004 - 2006Arts Alliance Labs, Inc.
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, .NET, HTML, XML, SQL Server, NUnit
- Developed a recommendation server for a large DVD rental company based upon collaborative filtering technology.
- Designed and implemented the membership and administration systems for multiple websites in a widespread European digital cinema initiative.
- Drove the adoption of a number of best practices including test driven development.
- Set up a continuous integration server to automate builds and deployments.
- Created a tiered architecture for a high performance web application.
Software Engineer and Scientist2001 - 2004Charles River Analytics, Inc.
- Redesigned an advanced Human Behavior Representation (HBR) based upon the Recognition-Primed Decision (RPD) model for a government research project.
- Developed a component-based architecture that allowed users to construct a wide variety of autonomous intelligent agents.
- Organized communication between the development team and the government sponsor.
- Co-authored and presented a research paper on the project at the Conference on Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation.
- Implemented Bayesian network, fuzzy logic, and expert system technologies integrated within a Department of Defense simulation.
Frameworks.NET, Machine Learning, NUnit, NHibernate, Entity, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC 5, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, Bootstrap
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Cross-platform, Concurrent Programming, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Test-driven Development (TDD), Design Patterns
PlatformsBlockchain, Windows, Ethereum, iOS, Android, Azure, Linux
OtherBitcoind, Fintech, Cryptocurrency, RESTful Web Services, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Web App Development, Mobile App Development, API Design, IBM Watson Analytics, Mobile Wallet, Bitcoin, SSL Certificates, Cryptography, Agile Software Testing, Banking & Finance, Video Streaming, Computer Graphics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision, Location Services, Network Programming, Optimization, Virtualization, Bayesian Statistics
Libraries/APIsWeb3.js, Node.js, Google API, Amazon API, Google Maps, D3.js, React, Twilio API, jQuery, Facebook API
ToolsMathematica, Microsoft Visual Studio, Ninject, Xcode, Git, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Eclipse IDE, MATLAB
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, MySQL
- Certificate backed by MIT in Fintech: Future Commerce2016 - 2016GetSmarter - Online
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science2000 - 2001Harvard University - Cambridge, MA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Economics1994 - 1998Duke University - Durham, NC