Project Lead Developer2017 - PRESENTLab Society
Technologies: Go, React, Elixir
- Built a desktop program for distillation and scientific processing.
- Built and led a team to improve and add new features to the platform.
- Implemented an architecture to detect automatically multiple devices using different protocols as serial communication, FTDI, mod-bus, and Bluetooth.
- Used Elixir Phoenix with React to control users, handle licenses, and store log data.
- Designed and built an Elixir REST API for user control, licenses, and remote data storage.
- Used React, Redux, and sagas for building the GUI and packing it using Electron.
- Designed and built a Golang API that enables the connection between the drivers and the GUI and also provides information for plotting and synchronizing the account data with a remote server.
Project Lead Developer2018 - 2019FlexComply
Technologies: Python, React, PostgreSQL
- Built and designed an MVP to enable a general contractor, control the flow, and check the progress of each development project.
- Used Django to create a RESTful API.
- Used React, Redux, and sagas for the GUI.
- Managed and led a team of four.
Lead Developer2018 - 2018InsVerify
- Built an MVP to provide or verify a rental insurance.
- Used Elixir and Phoenix to provide a RESTful API.
- Imported users and addresses from a CSV file to start the validation process.
- Made a flow control for the call center and insurance brokers.
- Used Sentry to handle payments.
Senior Back-end Developer for Content Ingestion2017 - 2017Yewno (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, Express, Redis, S3
- Designed and built a distributed crawler engine.
- Wrote crawlers for static and dynamic pages.
- Optimized the memory footprint and speed of the crawler engine.
- Built a Dashboard using React, Node.js, and an Express REST API.
- Used Redis to handle the pending crawlers to process.
- Used S3 to store the crawled information.
- Defined a common format between crawlers to simplify the processing of the information.
Back-end Developer2016 - 2017Breta.com
Technologies: Django, Python, Celery, AWS, Postgres
- Got an incomplete codebase and made a complete RESTful API for the front end.
- Used Django with Django REST Framework to improve an old API.
- Deployed the project using Elastic Beanstalk from AWS.
Developer2016 - 2016Yweno (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, React, AWS, WARC
- Extracted content from WARC and ARC files.
- Extracted metadata from HTTP and PDF files.
- Grouped the information from WARC files even when the source was from different websites.
- Developed React-based features in the front end.
- Tracked UI bugs and fixed them.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2016Kite.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Flask, ES6, React, PostgreSQL, Jira API
- Built a recruiting tool that helps to filter possible candidates and connects with Jira to track the whole process.
- Created a RESTful back end to improve loading speeds.
- Created a CLI for loading, updating, and refreshing data.
BIOS Application Enginner2014 - 2016Intel Corporation
Technologies: C, UEFI, Python
- Helped customers to fix bugs in their platforms and power on their platforms.
- Supported and reduced technical debt of an internal tool used to clean intellectual property.
- Helped other teams by giving them Python scripts that improved different processes such as documentation, testing, and preparing of releases.
- Updated documentation and started a process to improve how this is done.
- Taught Python and best practices.
Full-stack Developer2010 - 2014Xaguar Soluciones
- Built an API and PhoneGap app for P&G LA to take different measures in supermarkets.
- Created a Windows service which connects Excel and our API to show BI resumes to the customer with auto-update.
- Generated reports using different metrics for the customer.
- Added functionality to the internal framework, such as an easy way to generate a REST API, logging, and improving database connections.
- Created our own cloud using RabbitMQ for processing the information coming from different resources.
Software Developer2008 - 2014Freelance
- Built up to ten small websites using Django.
- Designed and developed a web interface for remote medical devices.
- Built a planning manager for social events and provided support to the customer.
- Created an ERP for a small-sized company that helped them to track inventory, personnel, incomes, and outputs.
- Built a tool that calculates how many bottles of alcohol are needed for an open bar party.