Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Analyst and Developer
Daniel has over seven years of experience in data analytics projects. He began his career as a data analytics consultant in multiple industries, creating data-oriented solutions that helped businesses transform and grow. After that, he switched to the tech industry and worked mainly on business intelligence and machine learning projects assisting companies in reaching their strategic objectives. Daniel enjoys helping transform data into the companies' most valuable asset for decision-making.
Microsoft Power BI, Python, Looker, SQL, Data Visualization, Data Engineering
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a complex marketing data model and dashboards that integrated more than 10 marketing sources to analyze the company's results.
Power BI Developer
Tropicana Brands Group
- Developed a Power BI Premium architecture that enabled the creation of multiple financial, sales, and consumer reports.
- Created a rate scorecard dashboard for the financial area to understand the current behavior of each of the products sold by the company.
- Created a priority SKU analysis report to track sales and improve metrics in the US.
Data and AI Director
- Managed a team of four data analytics consultants to develop healthcare and finance data engineering projects.
- Developed a web page to position the company and pursue new projects.
- Obtained a partnership with Microsoft to offer more data and AI solutions.
Data and AI Specialist
- Developed a funnel analytics dashboard using multiple sources for a financial marketing company.
- Developed a data visualization solution for a healthcare company using Power BI, Python, and SharePoint.
- Created a low-code data analytics e-learning course using Power BI and Power BI Dataflows.
Business Intelligence Specialist
- Performed data transformations from credit insurance databases to the Power BI datasets using dataflows.
- Converted the legacy reports that the company previously used to a Power BI architecture using Microsoft best practices and guidelines to make timely decisions.
- Created the reporting data models for the credit insurance companies using the available data to answer their business questions.
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
- Developed multiple data transformation tools using Azure Data Factory to create a tax data warehouse for the clients.
- Built visualization tools to understand the tax behavior of the clients using Microsoft Power BI.
- Developed machine learning models to predict tax evasion using Power BI dataflows.
- Contributed to the data analytics team by creating two lessons for the employees as part of their learning path to be certified for Microsoft tools.
- Developed machine learning models to predict churn of customers and prioritize advertising to active clients.
- Created clustering and lifetime value models to segment clients and offer them better products.
- Developed restaurant tagging with NLP techniques to perform recommender systems and increase revenues.
Senior Data Analytics Consultant
- Implemented a knowledge mining model using Microsoft Azure to identify named entities in existing contracts, identify recurrent contract relations, and provide a visual tool to find contract irregularities.
- Created ETL processes and data warehouses for the government sector clients to track the budget allocation of more than 1,000 public entities. It helped with their reporting purposes and supported audits and the decision-making process.
- Implemented machine learning models that predicted project delays and helped clients recognize where to focus and invest their economic resources.
Healthcare Company Reporting Solution
Data Engineer for Marketing Analytics
Hospitality Pricing Algorithm
Credit Insurance Reporting Solution
My contributions to this project were the Power BI reports and adapting the ETL architecture to Power BI dataflows.
This data warehouse was used as a decision tool to create descriptive dashboards using Power BI and machine learning models that aimed to predict the results of the matches of the main European leagues.
I contributed to this project by defining the architecture, creating the database, implementing the data warehouse, and creating the ETL processes, reports, and machine learning models.
After combining the different data sources, we created the data model, reports, and dashboards with Power BI. Finally, embedded Power BI was used to create a web page with these embedded reports that will serve the clients' needs to understand their taxation behavior and design future strategies or amendments.
My contributions to this project were some ETL processes using Microsoft Azure Data Factory and the dashboards with minor Power BI administration tasks.
Machine Learning and Business Intelligence Lessons
These lessons also included a data analytics learning path with Microsoft tools, including Microsoft Azure, SQL Server, and Power BI certifications.
Client Segmentation for Marketing
With the created clusters, each of these groups received focused advertisements intended to be more relevant for them and increase the app's usage.
Client Recovery ML Model
This ML model was used to choose the clients with higher probability and focus the incentives on them to increase the app revenues.
Increase Advertisement Effectiveness
Data Visualization Analysis for Renewable Energies
The second phase consisted of using a data visualization tool to find the best locations based on the characteristics that were extracted.
Data Migration Real Estate Company
Named Entity Recognition and Relationships in Public Contracts
Since these contracts are given to the best technical offers, the aim was to identify anomalous behavior.
The approach was to create a Named Entity Recognition using Azure Cognitive Services and to create an interface that displayed the graph of the most recurrent relationships in contracts.
ML Classification for Construction Projects
The machine learning models were created using Python and the sci-kit-learn library.
Tax Business Intelligence Architecture
We proposed different architecture and business intelligence tools to leverage the data they had and the one they would handle afterward.
Open Data Protocols Architecture
My contributions to the project were to define the data architecture of the sharing protocols and the database design to define how the data would be stored.
Government Financial Performance BI Platform
My contributions to this project were the ETL processes for the debt data mart. Also, the related indicators and the Power BI reports for this topic.
Brands Financial Compliance Automation
VBA Macros were made to develop the data transformations, and Power BI was used to create the dashboards to review the most relevant financial KPI.
Healthcare Company Cost-information Model
• Diagnose the current state.
• Proposed information architecture model.
• Data Governance model.
Schedule Review Automation
Machine Learning Regression and Classification Techniqueshttps://github.com/dfroca/dfroca-portfolio/
Finally, the project included an implementation of a decision tree from scratch used for regression and classification. This implementation's add-on could also be used to plot the decision tree.
Streaming Trending Video Analysis
My contributions to this project were transforming the source files using Python and implementing the reports.
The image recognition framework was based on the state-of-the-art model detectron2 implemented initially by Google.
Image Segmentation for Hurricane Damages
Predictive Analytics Business Course
Healthcare Reporting Solution
I automated the data extraction from SharePoint to Power Query and then to Power BI, and I also automated the scheduled refreshes of the reporting app.
Finally, I managed the user authentication and licensing to enable access only to a portion of users.
Instructor Predictive Analytics for Business Course
Power BI with API Integration
Python, SQL, M, Power Query M, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), SQL DML, R, Snowflake, Excel VBA, C++
Pandas, NumPy, Azure Cognitive Services, Scikit-learn, PySpark
Microsoft Power BI, Power Query, Looker, Excel 2013, Microsoft Excel, PyCharm, Tableau, Visual Studio, Google Analytics
Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, Data Science, Database Design, Dimensional Modeling, Scrum
Jupyter Notebook, Azure, Pentaho, RapidMiner, KNIME, Databricks, SharePoint, SharePoint 365
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server, Database Architecture, SQL Performance, SQL Server 2016, MySQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Azure SQL, MongoDB, JSON, PostgreSQL
Programming, Machine Learning, DAX, Data Visualization, Data Wrangling, Data Transformation, Data Analytics, Data Architecture, Database Schema Design, Data Migration, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Data Analysis, Reports, Reporting, BI Reports, Data Queries, Performance Tuning, Data Warehouse Design, Dashboards, Optimization, Simulations, Monte Carlo Simulations, Data Flows, Statistics, Excel Macros, Data Governance, Big Data Architecture, Clustering, Data Modeling, Azure SQL Data Warehouse (SQL DW), User Interface (UI), Communication, Leadership, Azure Data Factory, Deep Learning, Time Series Analysis, Marketing Analytics, Decision Analysis, Scrum Master, Microsoft Azure, APIs, Image Recognition, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Web Scraping, Facebook Ads, Fivetran, Startups, A/B Testing, Time Series, Predictive Analytics, Consulting
Master's Degree in Data Science and Business Analytics
ESSEC Business School - Paris, France
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
Universidad de los Andes - Bogota, Colombia
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidad de los Andes - Bogota, Colombia
Data Analyst Associate