Senior Full-stack Developer2021 - 2022Ribbon Home
- Converted a homegrown front-end component library to an open-source Chakra UI component library.
- Refactored a database representation of core data to improve the consistency and reliability of database queries.
- Mentored junior developers to help them learn how to write reliable code with automated tests.
Senior Software Developer2017 - 2021Nylas
Technologies: GitHub Actions, GitHub, APIs, Flask, Python
- Shipped products that earned millions of dollars in ARR.
- Migrated a large codebase from Python 2 to Python 3.
- Mentored other junior developers on my team by reviewing their code and answering questions.
- Demonstrated and presented best practices for faster, high-quality development.
Senior Front-end Developer2017 - 2018Impraise
Technologies: Apollo, GraphQL, Redux, React
- Led a small team to develop a dynamic React-based front-end for the Impraise web application.
- Assisted in migrating from a legacy REST-based backend to one based on GraphQL.
- Mentored other developers in how to properly use GraphQL.
Web Developer2017 - 2017MIT Office of Digital Learning
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Open edX, Redux, React, Django
- Worked in a team to develop an interactive website where MOOC learners could find information about their courses.
- Created a new code base to replace a legacy website for hosting video files. The new code base used AWS for hosting and transcoding video files.
- Wrote automated tests in Python (pytest framework) and React (Enzyme framework).
- Assisted in prioritizing features, based on feedback from users and past experience.
- Assisted in running Scrum meetings and increased team productivity.
Software Developer | Developer Advocate2013 - 2016edX
Technologies: GitHub, Node.js, Django, Python, Open edX
- Led the development of major components of the Open edX course management system.
- Organized the open source community around Open edX and facilitated communication and collaboration among community members.
- Created automated tools to increase visibility and efficiency in planning and executing development work.
- Assisted in planning and architecting components of the Open edX system.
- Ran the release process for the Open edX software—testing the release candidates and organizing bug fixes as necessary.
Software Engineer2011 - 2013CloudLock
Technologies: Google App Engine, Django, Python
- Assisted with a major architectural restructuring to work with App Engine’s eventually-consistent data store.
- Increased developer productivity through communication, education, tooling, and automated testing.
- Advocated for more reliable development techniques, such as automated testing.
- Provided constructive criticism to help my coworkers improve the quality of their code.
- Refactored major components of the application to be more maintainable and performant.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011TripAdvisor
- Fixed UI bugs as reported by customers.
- Wrote and debugged data loaders for various airlines.
- Implemented features based on data-driven prioritization.
- Manually tested and verified changes, both for myself and my coworkers.
Junior Systems Administrator (Guru)2007 - 2010Brandeis University Computer Science Department
Technologies: Security, Bash Script, Linux Server Administration
- Handled the installation and updates for all servers and desktop workstations owned by the computer science department.
- Assisted students and faculty with routine account maintenance, such as password resets.
- Created RPM packages for existing software for the ease of installation and management.
- Tracked, prioritized, and resolved support requests from the faculty.
- Scripted and automated many routine tasks associated with server management, including patching security vulnerabilities.