- Software Developer2017 - PRESENTNylas
Technologies: Python, Flask, APIs
- Improved the automated test coverage to above 95% in the Nylas Python SDK.
- Identified and fixed bugs in the existing SDK.
- Rewrote the example code to use best practices for readability and maintainability.
- Facilitated the prioritization of improvements: asking questions to figure out what the most important improvements were and organizing the work to achieve those goals first.
- Web Developer2017 - 2017MIT Office of Digital Learning
Technologies: Django, React, Redux, AWS, Open edX
- Worked in a team to develop an interactive website where MOOC learners could find information about their courses.
- Created a new code base to replace a legacy website for hosting video files. The new code base used AWS for hosting and transcoding video files.
- Wrote automated tests in Python (pytest framework) and React (Enzyme framework).
- Assisted in prioritizing features, based on feedback from users and past experience.
- Assisted in running Scrum meetings and increased team productivity.
- Software Developer | Developer Advocate2013 - 2016edX
Technologies: Open edX, Python, Django, Node.js, GitHub
- Led the development of major components of the Open edX course management system.
- Organized the open source community around Open edX and facilitated communication and collaboration among community members.
- Created automated tools to increase visibility and efficiency in planning and executing development work.
- Assisted in planning and architecting components of the Open edX system.
- Ran the release process for the Open edX software—testing the release candidates and organizing bug fixes as necessary.
- Software Engineer2011 - 2013CloudLock
Technologies: Python, Django, Google App Engine
- Assisted with a major architectural restructuring to work with App Engine’s eventually-consistent data store.
- Increased developer productivity through communication, education, tooling, and automated testing.
- Advocated for more reliable development techniques, such as automated testing.
- Provided constructive criticism to help my coworkers improve the quality of their code.
- Refactored major components of the application to be more maintainable and performant.
- Software Engineer2010 - 2011TripAdvisor
- Fixed UI bugs as reported by customers.
- Wrote and debugged data loaders for various airlines.
- Implemented features based on data-driven prioritization.
- Manually tested and verified changes, both for myself and my coworkers.
- Junior Systems Administrator (Guru)2007 - 2010Brandeis University Computer Science Department
Technologies: Linux Server Administration, Bash Scripting, Security
- Handled the installation and updates for all servers and desktop workstations owned by the computer science department.
- Assisted students and faculty with routine account maintenance, such as password resets.
- Created RPM packages for existing software for the ease of installation and management.
- Tracked, prioritized, and resolved support requests from the faculty.
- Scripted and automated many routine tasks associated with server management, including patching security vulnerabilities.