CTO | Co-founder2021 - PRESENTAudioHarvest
Technologies: Spring, Java, Docker, PostgreSQL, AWS, AWS Lambda, Amazon SQS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, React, SEO Marketing, Maven
- Built a SaaS podcast solution on AWS cloud designed for performance, stability, and scalability from the ground up.
- Set up a CMS and digital marketing solution integrated with the SaaS product.
- Involved in sales and pitching the product to potential customers and investors.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2020Spotify
Technologies: Scala, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Cloud Dataflow, Google Bigtable, Google BigQuery, Java, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Maven
- Designed and developed the podcast ingestion system and helped scale the podcast catalog systems from a few thousand up to 2.5 million podcasts and updated it in near real-time.
- Outlined and developed the new generation of music ingestion systems to increase scale, SLO's, and stability.
- Took ownership of Scala-based data pipelines running on Google Dataflow, interfacing with Bigtable and BigQuery, and processing millions of items per minute.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2017Lightspeed
Technologies: Java, Spring, H2 Database, AWS, Amazon EC2, Git
- Supported a startup from 20 to 100+ employees, turning the company into a global player through an acquisition.
- Helped establish mature development practices, version management, quality assurance, and continuous integration.
- Delivered the payment solution, payment card processing, and integrations with Stripe, PayPal, Adyen, Worldpay, and Zettle.
C++ and Java Developer2010 - 2012Newtec Cy
Technologies: C++, Java, Spring, Telecom Equipment & Solutions
- Oversaw the Sat-IP satellite network transport system. Refactored the 100,000-line codebase to new requirements, which resulted in an independent, highly-reliable component.
- Managed the AudioCodec audio encoding and decoding solution. Deployed the highly-customized embedded Linux platform in remote unreachable locations with a heavy focus on reliability and fail-safety.
- Developed the MENOS satellite network management software using Java, implemented new features, and integrated with the Tellicast transport system.
Research Assistant2005 - 2008MultimediaLab University of Ghent
Technologies: C++, H264, Video Compression
- Built a C++ H264 decoder for supporting the video compression research.
- Participated in several joint-effort projects between academic and business partners.
- Developed several H264 and AVC-related tools to support the work of a research group.