Verified Expert in Engineering
Solution Architect and Developer
Dmitrii has over 11 years of experience in IT, working as a software engineer, tech lead, and CTO. He is an achievement-oriented professional with a solid background in the back end, designing and developing distributed cloud-native systems, such as C#, SQL, NoSQL DBs, and event streaming. He also has expertise with DevOps, including CI/CD GitLab, GitOps Pulumi, IaC Terraform, and day-2 operations. Dmitrii has managed project progress with local and remote teams of 10 people.
C#, SQL, NoSQL, Microservices Architecture, APIs, DevOps, GitLab CI/CD, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Apache Kafka
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a messenger-first gen-Z banking service from the ground to over 350,000 users in 2020.
Troubleshooting Expert and Solution Architect
- Performed troubleshooting of memory leaks and central processing unit (CPU) issues causing outages.
- Reviewed and redesigned major system components to improve performance, system scalability, and reliability.
- Mentored team members, introducing them to best practices.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed multiple features and delivered complete user stories to production.
- Analyzed APIs for integration with other POS systems.
- Automated application delivery and set up CI/CD pipelines on GitLab.
Founder | CTO
- Built and launched a Vietnamese marketplace that allows users to search for rates and hire local service providers, similar to Thumbtack in the US.
- Started the project following customer development principles, in-depth interviews, and MVP. Arranged a team of 10 people, among technical and non-technical.
- Architected and delivered the system to production. The back end in C#, ASP.NET Core, Azure Cloud SQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Firebase. The front end is an SSR Angular app. Hosted in Kubernetes cluster in Civo, CI/CD GitLab, Docker, and Pulumi.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Redesigned and developed video ingest flow, which increased the speed and throughput of video processing up to 10 times. Used FFmpeg, Kubernetes CronJob, and Azure media services.
- Integrated analytics, BI tools, and recommendation system. Developed new product features like generating video strips.
- Resolved incidents, participated in day-2 operations, and challenged DevOps culture.
Tech Lead and Senior Back-end Developer
- Designed and built high-load, scalable, reliable, meeting the requirements PCI DSS system over microservices from scratch.
- Arranged a tech team. Found and hired first-class developers and organized development process, including Scrum meetings, code reviews, one-on-ones, and incident management.
- Developed product features like P2P transfers, KYC, on-demand cards, and others.
Lead Back-end Developer
- Implemented a Windows phone app for the formerly known MDM Bank, ranked in 2nd place in Markswebb's competition.
- Analyzed business requirements and architected system design and core components.
- Migrated to microservices architecture when the system got too large.
- Integrated a card processing center, ABS, billing, and other internal banking services.
- Maintained a developed system and participated in building, monitoring, and tracing CI/CD processes.
- Developed features for business process management and ERP products using C#, ASP.NET Web Forms, WinForms, FireBird, ADO.NET, XML, IIS, .NET Framework 2.0 - 3.5, WPF, and WCF.
- Designed and developed tools for automated testing with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Researched and tested various new tools and technologies.
The back end was built with C#, .NET Core, WebAPI, and Azure SQL. The front end was developed with Angular SSR, hosted on the managed Kubernetes cluster, and Editor.js was used for next-gen rich editing.
The image optimization was performed through Thumbor, with Recombee integration as a recommendation system.
I designed the system's architecture and built an MVP. The client-server app had a back end in C# WebAPI, SQL for storing user data, and Elasticsearch for fast searching. The front end is an SSR Angular app hosted in a managed Kubernetes cluster.
As a tech lead, I designed the system and built core features like creating accounts, money transfers, and notifications.
.NET, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web API, Entity Framework Core, Angular, AngularJS, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Angular Material, MUI (Material UI)
Web API, Entity Framework, REST APIs, API Development, jQuery, Node.js, Azure Cognitive Services
GitLab, RabbitMQ, Azure App Service, GitLab CI/CD, SendGrid, AWS ELB, AWS Fargate, Terraform, Dynatrace, Grafana, DotTrace, GitHub
Microservices Architecture, Agile, Microservices, Continuous Integration (CI), Event-driven Architecture, DevOps, Azure DevOps, Test-driven Development (TDD)
NoSQL, JSON, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, Databases, Azure SQL Databases, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Google Cloud, EventStore, Redis, Azure Active Directory
APIs, Software Development, Cost Management, Web Services, Team Management, HTTP REST, Full-stack Development, API Integration, Digital Payments, Cloud Architecture, Distributed Systems, Back-end, CI/CD Pipelines, Architecture, Back-end Development, OAuth, Scalability, Payment Gateways, Technical Leadership, Cloud Infrastructure, Technical Architecture, Cloudflare, Web Applications, Cloud Platforms, Know Your Customer (KYC), Software Architecture, Payment APIs, Technical Consulting, Consulting, System Design, CRM Systems, Leadership, Solution Architecture, Product Management, Containers, CTO, Full-stack, Load Balancers, Cloud, Point of Sale, POS, Pulumi, Recommendation Systems, Thumbor, OpenTracing, Prometheus, Akamai, IIS, Chatbots, MSMQ, Speech to Text
Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Azure, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Twilio, Firebase, Linux
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Izhevsk State Technical University - Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic, Russia
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
Amazon Web Services
Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
Microsoft Azure and Web Services
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer