Tech Lead | Team Lead2020 - 2022NLSS (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, WebRTC, WebSockets, Jira, Web Architecture, Management, Next.js, Performance
- Coordinated the project with the Jira Kanban board, continuously delivering the features and making the process predictable and clear. Optimized the speed of development and the quality of deliveries.
- Organized functional and code reviews, led meetings, and interviewed developers.
- Established the architecture of the application with React and Redux. Ensured great code quality with a fast pace of development and long-term maintainability, high performance, and security.
- Defined the project roadmap with executives. Minimized the costs of development by cutting off unnecessary features.
- Built an app to prevent and mitigate COVID-19 propagation in the workplace.
- Coded the WebRTC and WebSockets streaming player. Created a clean and appealing interface for it.
Web Consultant2019 - 2020Self-employed
Technologies: ES8, HTML5, CSS, Heroku, React DnD, REST APIs, Node.js, Redux, React
- Remade three legacy projects entirely with a new type of architecture based on React and Redux.
- Implemented several API consumers with different types of authentication.
Technical Director2017 - 2020BeadList
Technologies: TypeScript, Loopback, Node.js, React
- Created an online project from scratch. Started as a one-person project and ended up leading a small team.
- Built the back-end architecture with Node.js, Loopback, Passport, and TypeScript.
- Bootstrapped the front-end architecture with React, Redux, and React DND.
- Designed the landing page and the app and created a logo and graphic art. Implemented the color scheme using the CIELAB color space and color theory and adjusted the typography.
Senior Front-end Engineer2018 - 2018Musiboard (via Toptal)
Technologies: React Router, Styled-components, Jest, Redux, React, TypeScript
- Created a new version of the front end with React, Redux, and styled-components.
- Implemented front-end testing via Jest and Snapshots. Tested React components, React HOCs, Redux actions, controllers, middleware, and helpers.
- Implemented the REST API consumption with the bearer authorization.
Senior Full-stack Developer (React and Ruby on Rails)2017 - 2018Upsider (via Toptal)
Technologies: Webpack, HTML5, CSS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Jasmine, React
- Implemented React components and connected them to the API.
- Composed front-end tests via Jasmine and Snapshot testing. Created styles using Sass.
- Implemented back-end features with Ruby on Rails framework.
Senior Full-stack Web Developer2016 - 2017Advanon
Technologies: Kanban, Google Analytics, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Webpack, Node.js, React
- Delivered and developed on all sides of an app, having a wide range of responsibilities.
- Developed new features with a beautiful UX with React and Rails on the back end.
- Improved conversions with Google Analytics and A/B testing, ensuring we gained more clients over time.
- Guided the development and mentored junior developers working on the project.
- Contributed to key decisions regarding integrations with third-party apps: how to structure the process of development, tweaking the CI and continuous development, defining the API structure, and organizing the documentation for it.
- Interviewed and researched candidates to hire the right people.
- Enhanced and fostered a spirit of collaboration in the team despite remote working conditions.
Senior Full-stack Web Developer2013 - 2014Ftopia
- Took part in everything and all aspects of the process from top to bottom—helping make key, sometimes challenging decisions.
- Worked on the front and back ends with Ruby on Rails and Angular.
- Implemented a delivery pipeline using Chef and a continuous integration server.
- Developed animations and advised on UI features and the UX.
- Took part in Kaizen events: an evaluation on improving the strategy, including pair programming.
- Implemented several third-party API consumption endpoints for Ruby on Rails.
Web Consultant2012 - 2013Self-employed
- Created complex CSS3/HTML5 markups with animations and transitions.
- Developed dynamic charts, which helped to control station activities and reduce the amount of work for the personnel of an alternative energy company.
- Built a promotion website for a dental clinic, applied adjustments, and gave recommendations to attract more customers.
- Estimated the costs and time of development for web apps.
- Actively participated in hiring, picking the candidates, and interviewing.
Full-stack Web Developer2011 - 2012Silverpond Pty Ltd.
- Worked initially as a front-end developer, then learned Ruby on Rails and continued as a full-stack developer.
- Created from scratch a social network in Ruby on Rails.
- Participated in the development of a 7-Eleven application.
- Developed complicated HTML emails, ensuring that they work across different email clients and provide high deliverability.
Freelance Web Developer2010 - 2011Self-employed
- Worked remotely from day one and learned to do it effectively.
- Practiced Ruby on Rails and front-end development skills.
- Acquired communication skills in remote work, working simultaneously with several companies in different time zones.
- Juggled multiple responsibilities, from creating a web design for a rock band and fixing Flash ads to publishing and creating LaTeX markup for Harvard PhDs.
CAD Software Developer2007 - 2010JSC SPA ERKON
- Developed complex, high-technology software, including 3D-graphics CADs (En.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-aided_design) with OpenGL, high math, and physics.
- Implemented algorithms and performance optimization.
- Wrote scientific articles published in the US and worldwide.