Co-founder | CTO2017 - PRESENTCanyon Labs
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, Heroku
- Built both the front and back end of the product with Ruby on Rails.
- Acted as product owner by gathering information from current and prospective clients regarding the direction of the product and prioritizing features as needed.
- Implemented extensive A/B testing to guide the development of the product as well as our marketing.
- Quickly assessed and resolved any issues in the production environment by using Heroku and Airbrake.
- Integrated with several external services such as Stripe, SendGrid, Airbrake, and AWS S3.
- Developed an admin dashboard application using React/Redux with a Rails API back end.
Full-stack Software Developer2017 - PRESENTElevation Corporate Health
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, GraphQL, Apollo, AWS, Heroku
- Refactored and built new features for large pre-existing Ruby on Rails codebase.
- Implemented a new version using React front end and Rails API back end.
- Increased test coverage from essentially none to above 80%.
- Transitioned team into an agile workflow using Jira and one-week sprints—greatly increasing productivity and transparency.
- Rebuilt an application as a SPA using React, GraphQL, and Rails API.
Team Lead | Software Developer2014 - 2017SpotX
- Led a team of developers and test engineers using scrum agile practices.
- Developed cutting-edge video ad playback technology that meets VPAID spec guidelines.
- Created tools that were used company-wide to reduce build time and complexity (Node, Ansible). It cut developer deployment time from over four minutes to less than one.
- Reduced manual testing by creating an automated WebdriverIO-based test framework. Has reduced regression testing by ~15% with a potential for reduction by over 50%.
- Communicated with clients on a regular basis regarding upcoming initiatives and expectations.
Software Test Engineer II2012 - 2014Raytheon
- Wrote the ground status and control software product-level test cases and procedures.
- Researched and developed verification procedures based on ConOps and requirements.
- Documented the test results and work with systems, software, and hardware teams to resolve problems.
- Developed automated test scripts for streamlining testing and verification steps.