Verified Expert in Engineering
Ervin is the perfect match if you are looking for a WordPress plugin developer with 13+ years of experience. He creates custom plugins from scratch, develops add-ons for existing plugins, and builds bridges for plugins that don't communicate properly with each other. Ervin has completed 200+ projects on different platforms with a perfect 5/5 rating history and maintained a multi-language website for one of the biggest retail chains in the UK, with thousands of hourly visitors.
PhpMyAdmin, Slack, WordPress, WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, AffiliateWP, PHP, Gutenberg Editor, Plugins, TeamViewer
The most amazing...
...plugin I've developed is Checkout Navigator, which automates a website's sales process while saving time and increasing income.
Senior WordPress Developer
Swift Horse Marketing
- Worked with this digital agency specialized in food blog sites when they face technical challenges and can't solve in-house or are low on capacity.
- Built-up a complete membership website with them using well-known membership plugins and custom code.
- Replicated an old plugin running on one of their client's sites and loading very slowly. The new version reduced the load time of the plugin to only a few milliseconds.
- Finished 185 projects with a perfect 5/5 rating history.
- Built two portal websites for specific audiences with membership plans, online recurring payments, and internal communication functions for logged-in users.
- Learned important aspects of professional behavior and successful strategies as a freelancer.
- Developed a booking plugin for a passenger transportation company.
- Designed and developed a full website for a travel blogger.
- Wrote several WordPress plugins that were published to the WP Plugin repository.
- Created a sales automation plugin for event organizers and event marketers.
- Created a new blog site for a world-famous chef with fast site speeds and ease of use as the main focus.
- Maintained a vast multi-language website for one of the biggest retail chains in the UK. Paid close attention to all the details as the website had thousands of visitors every hour.
- Managed ad-hoc small teams inside the agency from the design phase until project delivery.
- Participated in the agency and saw it grow from a 3-4-person micro-business to a 10-20-person small agency.
The Wandering Wordsmith
Time Zone Fix for Events Calendar Pluginhttps://integrallife.com/
The solution was an add-on plugin that detected and saved the user's time zone to their account using geolocation (with minimal user interaction to keep the UX smooth). It then calculated the event start times based on the difference between the event's and the user's time zone.
Recipe Membership Network Maintenancehttps://5dinners1hour.com/
The project's real challenge was the high number of users, so I had to do all updates with the least possible downtime and outside the site's rush hours. Concerning the latter, it was helpful that we were in different time zones with the client.
Plan Successful Websites
The book was written for website owners and taught them how to write professional briefs (so-called "Complete Website Plans") for their web developers.
I had to write this book because, during my career, I've seen a lot of stories when projects weren't ready on time or needed more costs than necessary-mostly because the communication wasn't crystal clear between the client and the developer.
With a "Complete Website Plans"-that is understandable by both parties-the development route can be smoother, and costs can be kept at a manageable level.
WordPress Plugin Framework-TPL-FWhttps://github.com/ervind/tpl-fw/
This plugin framework works similarly to ACF, but it can be built into plugins as a library in a white-label way. So with TPL-FW, you don't have to rely on other plugins to have a complex system of settings for your WordPress plugin.
License Management for WooCommerce
My plugin provided an API for external websites, too-that could query if the license key in question exists or not and if it is already activated or not.
Shipping Cost Calculator for Building Material Storehttps://fondamenta.se/
He was already using a plugin for advanced shipping calculation, but it was not enough. His shipping costs were based on more factors that the plugin could handle: ZIP code, weight, size, number of pallets needed, and others.
My task was to write an add-on for this plugin that extended its functionality to fulfill the store's all shipping calculation needs.
Healthcare Portal for Practitioners and Patients
The challenging part of the project was that the site had to be HIPAA compliant.
Real Estate API Connection
Speed Optimization of a Real Estate Site
jQuery, Stripe API, WordPress API, Braintree API, Social Media APIs, Nightwatch.js, WooCommerce API, Stripe, React, Node.js, BuddyPress
PhpMyAdmin, Gutenberg Editor, Balsamiq, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), Balsamiq Mockups, Slack, AffiliateWP, Git, Mailchimp, Stripe Checkout, TeamViewer, LearnDash
WordPress, WooCommerce, Twilio
MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Plugins, Web Development, Programming, Themes, HTML5 Geolocation, WordPress Plugins, WordPress Themes, WooCommerce Subscriptions 2, Subscriptions, Membership Sites, Paid Memberships Pro (PMPro), MemberPress, Website Maintenance, User Flows, Web Usability, Usability Guidelines, User Experience (UX), Gravity Forms, Easy Digital Downloads, APIs, Geolocation Detection, Usability, TinyMCE, Shipping, Calculators, Site Speed Optimization, Page Speed Optimization, Business, Web Marketing, Internet Protocols, User Needs, Usability Engineering, Google SEO, Video Chat, WP Rocket, SSH
Kanban, Management, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Master's Degree in Small Business Development
University of Szeged - Szeged, Hungary
High School Diploma in Software Technology
Korosy J. Technical School - Szeged, Hungary