Verified Expert in Engineering
Evgeny has 28 years of development experience. He now focuses on .NET and DB engines such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and MongoDB. He began as a game developer and now specializes in databases, algorithms, and refactoring. He has been ahead of his time since the start of his career, having invented numerous approaches such as measuring underground train activity based on vibrations and distance, a tracing framework, and dynamic sea-wave algorithms when it was unheard of!
Windows, Jira, Git, Visual Studio, Teams, Subversion (SVN), Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...invention I developed is a prediction algorithm, based on ML that detects the activity of giant underground loaders and trains 1km beneath the Earth's surface.
- Invented and applied a tracing framework with optimized tracing, compact stack trace logging for all and particular messages, and asynchronous tasks path support, instantly resulting in investigating issues on the client-side.
- Designed and implemented a custom code-first ORM similar to EF migrations for Microsoft SQL Server and SQLite, including SQL converter from T-SQL syntax to SQLite.
- Designed two proxy-based communication frameworks based on WCF and gRPC technologies to implement a shared contract pattern. Refactored the source code to replace all communication with a gRPC proxy.
- Invented and implemented signal filtering logic and a high-level state machine to convert raw machine learning output states into the business logic for underground loaders.
- Invented two approaches to measuring underground train activities using vibrations and distances to position system tags.
- Managed a group of seven developers as a part of the international software development team at the Australian headquarters. All communication was in English, including regular meetings, daily stand-ups, chats, and email trails.
- Participated in many third-party integrations, completed a lot of refactoring, bug fixing, produced new features, and implemented ideas, which helped achieve the best performance the company ever had.
Vizitech ltd (Skolkovo)
- Supported single sign-on (SSO) for the company web app based on the .NET Core microservice app.
- Created and EF-style migration mechanism for Node.js Sequelize ORM with PostgreSQL.
- Deployed recursive full object storing and retrieving from the database mechanism to simplify its interaction.
- Built a Node.js back-end project template for microservices.
- Supported JWT token-based authentication in a .NET 4.6 C# back-end.
- Improved an existing MVC back-end to provide configurable JSON scenarios and solved various EF configuration requests.
Software Developer and Manager
- Developed a complete payment system applications set, including server, client, ATM software, interactive user interfaces, and a payment module.
- Implemented many third-party integrations with payment systems and service providers.
- Supported different ATM hardware, including bill validators, fiscal printers, and watchdogs.
- Provided 24/7 technical support for clients for the past five years.
- Invented and applied a special optimized tracing technique to have compact, readable logs on a client-side to investigate issues faster.
- Developed tools to reduce time spent on support and continuous delivery.
Сhief Technology Officer
Data Processing Systems, Ltd.
- Managed the IT side of the software company of ten people.
- Developed the concept and architecture of all company products.
- Held regular meetings with clients for business planning, drafting contracts, and personal recruitment.
- Served as a senior software developer and code reviewer in addition to my other roles in the company.
Head of Software Development
- Developed the concept and architecture of company products.
- Created an intermediate payment processing software for ATM aggregator companies.
- Held regular meetings with clients for business planning and personal recruitment.
- Managed a department of ten people and also served as a software developer.
- Participated in the creation of the 3D action game PT-Boats from the beginning.
- Invented and implemented the dynamic sea-wave vector algorithm in 2003!
- Invented and created clouds and particle systems (I.e., fire, 3D fog, clouds).
- Invented the dynamic level-of-detalization (LOD) algorithm for a sea.
- Designed the game architecture. Managed a group of programmers and designers of 17 people. Wrote the main game engine graphic and sound parts.
- Created and designed my personal brand "Lunelight Software."
- Created the dynamic Windows desktop background application "keen background" to have an interactive background in Windows 95+ based on DirectDraw overlay technology with pushing advertisements, auto-update, and installer.
- Designed 16 animated scenes for the interactive background app with water waves, waterfall, twinkle stars, and lamps, switching light in building windows and animated fog.
- Built a tray application to shut down Windows after the given period of time with an installer.
Overgamer & Sun
- Acted as the sole programmer to create a famous sampler application called Samplisizer (you can still Google it). I implemented everything except the UI design, sound samples, and the web site.
- Implemented many 2D algorithms for GUI such as fire, blur, borders, and fading.
- Designed a sound synthesizer tool to produce special electronic sounds.
- Invented a special sound stretching algorithm causing a no flange effect, based on FFT.
- Provided (and continue to do so) support to those who have lost their unlock codes.
TECHCENTER MIEE (the research and development center of the institute)
- Participated as a software developer in a project build similar to Skype.
- Created sound delivery by the peer-to-peer connection of two applications via a UDP protocol.
- Supported audio recording and playback based on the media player library.
DOKA Media, Ltd.
- Participated as a C++ software developer in a 2D tactical game project.
- Created a very fast 2D sprite rendering algorithm with scaling and rotation using Assembler.
- Programmed the main game menu and tactical map logic.
- Created and sold three warehouse accounting programs for different companies. I used custom DOS pseudo graphics to provide a better GUI for users.
- Created the "Master Of Orion 3D" game prototype with a 3D star map and GUI.
- Built the sprite editor for Wolf3D and similar ID software games.
- Delivered a 3D program with GUI, which calculated the shape of an object produced by a set of intersecting planes.
Machine Vision to Identify States of Underground Loadershttps://www.micromine.com/pitram-mining-software/pitram-5/
Node.js Back-end Data Access Layer
Banking Payment System
Dynamic Sea Waves in On-sea 3D Action Gamehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/oulgsnspp3rnbrc/PT_GP_01.avi?dl=0
.NET, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), gRPC, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Data Integration
SignalR, Node.js, Entity Framework, DirectX
Jira, Git, Visual Studio, Subversion (SVN), Turbo Pascal, TeamCity, Postman, Slack, Borland C, Microsoft Project, InstallShield, 3D Studio Max, Sequelize
Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker
Teams, Inno Setup, Remoting, DirectDraw, Hardware Drivers, API Integration
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Moscow Institute of Electronic Engineering - Moscow, Russia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring