Software Developer2019 - 2020Fortem Technologies
Technologies: Git, Linux, Go, Python, Java, C++
- Led software development for the Fortem DroneHangar, collaborating with the hardware team to create a functioning product. The product was purchased in 2020 by the US Department of Defense.
- Developed internal utility tools for the drone team to speed up testing time and log more data.
- Used Jira and Confluence to track work and document systems.
Freelance Developer2019 - 2019Strange Reptile
Technologies: C++, C#, Unreal Engine 4
- Developed a 2D C++ game engine, using SFML to test internal project ideas.
- Created a procedural-level generator using the WaveFunctionCollapse algorithm, allowing designers to easily style the generated levels to a pattern.
- Designed enemies and their AI for a multiplayer game, using UnrealEngine.
- Refactored the team's Unreal C++ code, following official coding guidelines and increasing future usability.
Freelance Developer2018 - 2019Utah Jazz
Technologies: C#, Unity
- Led the gameplay systems development, communicating with the client to implement new features that matched their goals for the game.
- Created a dynamic world manipulation shader, giving an otherwise static camera angle the feeling of traveling through an environment.
- Studied the prior codebase and educated the team on the past iteration to better understand how to implement new features.