CEO/Lead Developer2008 - PRESENTMobile Edge Ltd. A Software House for Mobile Systems
Technologies: Mobile, Android, Android kernel-level, Parse.com, GoLang, Java, Node.js, C/C++, cell broadcasting, Hidden-API activation, AppWidgetHost, HTTP Client/Server, Media Streaming, Sticky Services, Reflection-based Gateway Service
- Develop an online location-based bidding system for iOS and Android.
- Develop one of the first Android CB (Cellular Broadcast) emergency systems.
- Senior technological advisor and lecturer for John-Bryce China, including giving master classes at Intel(c) Shanghai and Beijing branches on advanced Android technologies, low-level Android, and Android development design patterns.
- Guest lecturer at the TAU engineering faculty on mobile networking technologies.
- Create on-screen static assets displaying cell broadcasts.
- Develop an 'active' Android lock screen allowing quick access to key system functionalities.
- Architect, lead the development team for, and write the core components of a highly complex surveillance system supporting multiple endpoints, local, and remote communication.
- Create very-high throughput systems using Message queue technologies: XMPP and RabbitMQ.
- Create location-aware services and work with device sensors (GPS, compass, accelerators).
- Implement a binary-level communication protocol with local hardware (implementation from scratch ). Protocol is over IP and supports error handling and recovery on failure.
- Work in an intensive multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment.
- Lead the team in Agile methodologies: SCRUM, Kunagi.
- Develop an Android bridge app for a leading GPS manufacturer.
- Develop a smart media streamer for Android devices.
- Develop a media-enabled Live Wallpaper.
VP R&D/Lead Developer2007 - 2008Epsillion Media Technologies
Technologies: Android, Scrum, database, Java, multithreading, OpenGL, communication protocols, object-oriented design patterns
- VP R&D in a mobile startup developing technologies for managing and retrieving media stored on a Google Android phone.
- Designed system architecture – Top level design.
- Led a team of 7 top engineers from the initial stage to successful completion of mission.
- Implemented intensive usage of Agile methodologies to accelerate the development process.
- Developed several of the core components of the system, e.g., SMS interceptor, graphical textures, and cache and clean.
Senior Server-side Developer - C++ and Java/J2EE2000 - 2007BMC Software - Security Business Unit
Technologies: Java, J2EE, RDBMS, Oracle, JBoss, IOC frameworks, Spring, Hibernate, Bytecode Injection, WebLogic, WebSphere, LDAP, C++, Visual, ACE library, server-side, Scrum
- Senior software developer in C++ and Java/J2EE environments.
- Developed BMC's next-generation identity management platform.
- Designed, architected, and developed critical-path components of the system, including run-time rule engine and asynchronous request broker.
- Developed LDAP-based interrogation system.
Software Developer - C Language1995 - 1999Valor (later branded Frontline PCB Solutions)
Technologies: X Windows, Rasterization algorithms, design patterns, contour processing
- Developed the world's leading PCB CAM solution, including contour and surface-related algorithms.