Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineering Developer
Glenn has both a patent and an award granted for an application he designed and developed. He has two decades of experience in database-driven applications created from scratch and has worked inside organizations from early-stage startups through to some of Australia and New Zealand’s largest. Glenn has extended and supported existing applications. He specializes in data-driven business requirements in the back end and is equally comfortable working the whole stack.
The most amazing...
...award-winning project I've developed merged cognitive psychology with compiler and database design. The patent was granted in four countries.
- Designed and implemented an extensible translation framework to map message data between EDIFACT and JSON format.
- Designed integration management between in-house application and the Australian Customs system.
Support and Development Team Lead
- Managed the support team in the completion of over 3,000 Service Now support tasks, 99.25% within SLAs, only six negative feedbacks received over all 3,000 tasks.
- Developed integration between the Housing New Zealand Corporation (HNZC) and Spotless WMS SQL based system.
- Designed, and led a team of three developers building new web service interfaces providing integration between the new web portal and mobile applications into an existing Microsoft SQL Server database and stored procedure-based business rules.
- Managed a team of ten developers and analysts for the build and go live of the interface between a Spotless in-house SQL Server system and the Defence Australia SAP system.
- Performed enhancement and bug fixing development within Microsoft SQL Server and Access/Visual Basic for applications to provide new features and meet support requirements and requests.
Founder, Technical Lead
- Developed and supplied a database driven web application toolkit combining aspects of cognitive psychology, compiler, and database design.
- Developed and supported applications using the built toolkit into the local market on a consulting basis.
- Wrote a parent for the core component of the toolkit, which was granted in four countries (the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand).
- Awarded for innovation granted by MIS Magazine Australia.
- Managed a development and support team of three developers.
- Designed and built integration between an in-house application and Book Data UK systems to meet new contractual requirements for data sharing.
- Wrote and implemented development and support delivery standards.
Freedombase Web toolkit, Award, and Patent
Cargo Cloud Application
Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Stored Procedures, NoSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Data Engineering, IT Support, Remote Team Leadership, IT Business Analysis, IT Project Management
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and Management
Massey University - Palmerston North, New Zealand
ITIL/IT Service Management (Foundation)
Prince2 Project Management (Practitioner)
Prince2 Project Management (Foundation)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring