Contractor2020 - 2021Imperial College London
Technologies: Unity3D, Virtual Reality (VR), Multiplayer, Networking, Agora, Voice Chat, Video Chat, Education, Shaders
- Refactored a large existing codebase of a remote learning platform to conform to modern software architecture practices. This included setting up the new architecture of the application and ensuring that it conforms to an existing back end.
- Integrated Agora middleware for voice and video communication and adapted it to a preexisting "classroom and workgroup" system.
- Implemented a system for saving and loading curriculum "activity packages," which entailed designing a solution for runtime loading of code assemblies and assets from a third-party custom format.
- Implemented a feature of a real-time remote shared whiteboard, which allowed staff and students to draw lines, write text, and paste images onto a virtual whiteboard during lectures, with minimal bandwidth.
- Completely redesigned and re-coded the Canvas-based UI of the application, including adding visual design, coding, adaptation to various resolutions (responsive design), and layout. This includes advanced techniques such as custom data binding code.
- Helped implement and test back-end features to work with the front end and to share messages during live sessions.
- Made the application work with virtual reality, including custom VR-only interactions and tools.
Contractor2019 - 2020Tilden
Technologies: Virtual Reality (VR), Unity3D, C#, Shaders, Computer Graphics
- Created a full architecture for a Unity-based virtual reality browser based on an existing back end.
- Implemented multiple browser plugins and middlewares.
- Created a complex animated navigation system according to specifications and on time.
- Managed a growing and changing design document with agile development practices.
- Created multiple tools and workflows to facilitate work on the virtual browser.
- Ported the virtual browser from a desktop VR platform to the Oculus Quest.
- Implemented advanced graphical effects and shaders on demand.
Developer2018 - 2019Strypes
Technologies: Babylon.js, WebGL, Unity3D
- Maintained and expanded a premium PoS customization tool for a large retail client.
- Helped debug and manage the back end of a said customization tool.
- Created in-house tooling to facilitate configuring and managing the tool.
- Ported the customization tool from a Unity3D codebase to a TypeScript and Redux codebase with WebGL.
- Implemented custom shader pipelines in both WebGL and Unity3D.
- Diagnosed and solved multiple critical performance and crash issues of the deployed app on iOS hardware.
Lead Game Developer2016 - 2017Salpertons
Technologies: OpenCV, C#, Unity3D
- Formed and led a team of artists and coders in designing and developing two high-profile mobile games.
- Updated and optimized two smaller games made for the company by a subcontractor.
- Performed job interviews and technical evaluations of potential developers, as well as performance evaluations of existing employees.
- Oversaw the work of team juniors, performed code reviews for programmers, and oversaw the integration of assets by technical artists.
- Implemented the game design for the two games, from the concept to device testing and deployment.
- Integrated various third-party APIs for analytics and monetization for mobile games.
- Performed tool programming for the company projects in Unity3D.
- Provided a feasibility study and prototyping for potential AR applications with OpenCV and Unity3D.
- Created an efficient, fast, minimum-footprint library for generating endless sloped procedural 2D and 3D terrain in Unity for an endless runner-type game.
Senior Developer2014 - 2015VUCX
- Implemented an enterprise-grade CRM solution in Symfony.
- Improved a PHP-based back-end game framework that synchronizes real-time multiplayer sessions via RabbitMQ.
- Coded a custom HTML5 and CSS3 front-end for various commercial websites.
- Engineered and implemented both the front and back end of an ambitious, scalable web app in Symfony.
- Created and deployed a very heavily customized Magento website.
Chief Software Architect2013 - 2014ABC Design
- Developed and prototyped several innovative website front-end concepts in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Led a team in delivering three separate commercial websites on time and to client specification.
- Created an in-house marketing research tool in PHP used by major international corporations.
- Ported a large Flex-based code base onto the front end for mobile platforms using Air.
Sofware Engineer, CTO2012 - 2013Codeion
- Modernized and overhauled a very ambitious wearable and health monitoring web application to specifications.
- Led a team in developing two commercial mobile apps in Air.
- Continuously worked on and upgraded one of the largest webshops with a completely custom Doctrine back end.
- Created a modern point-of-sale solution for a major hardware retailer using C#, WPF, and MVVM, connecting to a custom back end.
Contractor Game Developer2012 - 2012Level Bit
Technologies: C#, Unity3D
- Engineered a modern shooter game for mobile platforms.
- Implemented various algorithms and optimizations to speed up the game and make it palatable to all marketable devices at the time.
- Worked closely on coordinating asset creation with the artists.
- Participated heavily in the game's overall mechanics and gameplay design.
- Deployed and tested the game during development in a wide variety of mobile environments, on both Android and iOS.
Game Developer2011 - 2012Kokakiki LLC
- Developed various prototypes in Unity3D technology.
- Created and shipped an iOS game to specification and glowing review without prior experience with iOS.
- Created and maintained a library of standardized code for the company.
- Developed an unreleased in-house puzzle game as the sole developer.
- Created a virtual museum exhibit with full 3D walk-throughs.