Lead Developer2019 - 2020Tilden
Technologies: Virtual Reality (VR), Unity3D
- Created a full architecture for a Unity-based virtual reality browser based on an existing back end.
- Implemented multiple browser plugins and middlewares.
- Created a complex animated navigation system to specificiations and on time.
- Managed a growing and changing design document with agile development practices.
- Created multiple tools and workflows to facilitate work on the virtual browser.
- Ported the virtual browser from a desktop VR platform to the Oculus Quest.
- Implemented advanced graphical effects and shaders on demand.
Developer2018 - 2019Strypes
Technologies: Babylon.js, WebGL, Unity3D
- Maintained and expanded a premium PoS customization tool for a large retail client.
- Helped debug and manage the back end of said customization tool.
- Created in-house tooling to facilitate configurating and managing the tool.
- Ported the customization tool from a Unity3D codebase to a TypeScript/Redux codebase with WebGL.
- Implemented custom shader pipelines in both WebGL and Unity3D.
- Diagnosed and solved multiple critical performance and crash issues of the deployed app on iOS hardware.
Lead Game Developer2016 - 2017Salpertons
Technologies: OpenCV, C#, Unity3D
- Formed and led a team of artists and coders in designing and developing two high-profile mobile games.
- Updated and optimized two smaller games made for the company by a subcontractor.
- Performed job interviews and technical evaluations of potential developers, as well as performance evaluations of existing employees.
- Oversaw the work of team juniors, performed code reviews (for programmers), and oversaw integration of assets (by technical artists).
- Implemented the game design for the two games, from the concept to device testing and deployment.
- Integrated various third-party APIs for analytics and monetization for mobile games.
- Performed tool programming for the company projects in Unity3D.
- Did a feasibility study and prototyping for potential AR applications with OpenCV and Unity3D.
- Created an efficient, fast, minimum-footprint library for generating endless sloped procedural 2D and 3D terrain in Unity for an endless runner type game.
Senior Developer2014 - 2015VUCX
- Implemented an enterprise-grade CRM solution in Symfony.
- Improved a PHP-based back-end game framework that synchronizes real time multiplayer sessions via RabbitMQ.
- Coded a custom HTML5/CSS3 front-end for various commercial websites.
- Engineered and implemented both front and back-end of an ambitious, scalable web app in Symfony.
- Created and deployed a very heavily customized Magento website.
Chief Software Architect2013 - 2014ABC Design
- Developed and prototyped several innovative website front-end concepts in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Led a team in delivering three separate commercial websites on time and to client specification.
- Created an in-house marketing research tool in PHP used by major international corporations.
- Ported a large Flex-based code base onto front-end for mobile platforms using Air.
Sofware Engineer, CTO2012 - 2013Codeion
- Modernized and overhauled a very ambitious wearable/ health monitoring web application to specifications.
- Led a team in developing two commercial mobile apps in Air.
- Continuously worked on and upgraded one of the largest web shops with a completely custom Doctrine back end.
- Created a modern point-of-sale solution for a major hardware retailer using C#, WPF, and MVVM, connecting to a custom back end.
Contractor Game Developer2012 - 2012Level Bit
Technologies: C#, Unity3D
- Engineered a modern shooter game for mobile platforms.
- Implemented various algorithms and optimizations to speed up the game and make it palatable to all marketable devices at the time.
- Worked closely on coordinating asset creation with the artists.
- Participated heavily in the game's overall mechanics and a gameplay design.
- Deployed and tested the game during development in a wide variety of mobile environments, on both Android and iOS.
Game Developer2011 - 2012Kokakiki LLC
- Developed various prototypes in Unity3D technology.
- Having never worked with iOS before, created and shipped an iOS game to specification and glowing review.
- Created and maintained a library of stanardized code for the company.
- Developed an in-house puzzle game as the sole developer (unreleased).
- Created a virtual museum exhibit with full 3D walk-throughs.