Verified Expert in Engineering
Goran was a hobbyist indie game developer on the side for a decade and liked it so much that he pursued a career in it. From junior member of a startup to chief architect in a large company, Goran has a variety of experience in game and web development. He is comfortable at all stages of development (design, implementation, optimization, and integration of cutting edge advanced graphics) and a variety of platforms (2D/3D, desktop, web, mobile).
Git, Visual Studio, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded was my own 3D engine in C++ and DirectX.
Realtime VR Geometry Modelling Engineer
- Implemented advanced AR and Passthrough capabilities into the VR application on Oculus Quest devices.
- Implemented Anchors and Shared Anchors, allowing for real-world alignment between the real world and the virtual architectural model.
- Refactored the codebase and upgraded to the latest APIs.
- Implemented the Application SpaceWarp capability, almost doubling the graphical capabilities of the application.
- Migrated a complex and large Unity codebase to Universal Render Pipeline in Unity, including a complete rewrite of many complex shaders.
- Optimized and engineered work on implementing new features.
.NET Full-stack Engineer
GRX Immersive Labs (via Toptal)
- Stabilized and refactored a large preexisting codebase to ease development and increase performance.
- Designed a rollback-capable multiplayer system to fix the application's network code.
- Created the process of automated cloud rendering of audio files.
Imperial College London
- Refactored a large existing codebase of a remote learning platform to conform to modern software architecture practices. This included setting up the new architecture of the application and ensuring that it conforms to an existing back end.
- Integrated Agora middleware for voice and video communication and adapted it to a preexisting "classroom and workgroup" system.
- Implemented a system for saving and loading curriculum "activity packages," which entailed designing a solution for runtime loading of code assemblies and assets from a third-party custom format.
- Implemented a feature of a real-time remote shared whiteboard, which allowed staff and students to draw lines, write text, and paste images onto a virtual whiteboard during lectures, with minimal bandwidth.
- Completely redesigned and re-coded the Canvas-based UI of the application, including adding visual design, coding, adaptation to various resolutions (responsive design), and layout. This includes advanced techniques such as custom data binding code.
- Helped implement and test back-end features to work with the front end and to share messages during live sessions.
- Made the application work with virtual reality, including custom VR-only interactions and tools.
- Created a full architecture for a Unity-based virtual reality browser based on an existing back end.
- Implemented multiple browser plugins and middlewares.
- Created a complex animated navigation system according to specifications and on time.
- Managed a growing and changing design document with agile development practices.
- Created multiple tools and workflows to facilitate work on the virtual browser.
- Ported the virtual browser from a desktop VR platform to the Oculus Quest.
- Implemented advanced graphical effects and shaders on demand.
- Maintained and expanded a premium PoS customization tool for a large retail client.
- Helped debug and manage the back end of a said customization tool.
- Created in-house tooling to facilitate configuring and managing the tool.
- Ported the customization tool from a Unity3D codebase to a TypeScript and Redux codebase with WebGL.
- Implemented custom shader pipelines in both WebGL and Unity3D.
- Diagnosed and solved multiple critical performance and crash issues of the deployed app on iOS hardware.
Lead Game Developer
- Formed and led a team of artists and coders in designing and developing two high-profile mobile games.
- Updated and optimized two smaller games made for the company by a subcontractor.
- Performed job interviews, technical evaluations of potential developers, and performance evaluations of existing employees.
- Oversaw the work of team juniors, performed code reviews for programmers, and oversaw the integration of assets by technical artists.
- Implemented the game design for the two games, from the concept to device testing and deployment.
- Integrated various 3rd-party APIs for analytics and monetization for mobile games.
- Performed tool programming for the company projects in Unity3D.
- Provided a feasibility study and prototyping for potential AR applications with OpenCV and Unity3D.
- Created an efficient, fast, minimum-footprint library for generating endless sloped procedural 2D and 3D terrain in Unity for an endless runner-type game.
- Implemented an enterprise-grade CRM solution in Symfony.
- Improved a PHP-based back-end game framework that synchronizes real-time multiplayer sessions via RabbitMQ.
- Coded a custom HTML5 and CSS3 front-end for various commercial websites.
- Engineered and implemented both the front and back end of an ambitious, scalable web app in Symfony.
- Created and deployed a very heavily customized Magento website.
Chief Software Architect
- Developed and prototyped several innovative website front-end concepts in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Led a team in delivering three separate commercial websites on time and to client specification.
- Created an in-house marketing research tool in PHP used by major international corporations.
- Ported a large Flex-based code base onto the front end for mobile platforms using Air.
Sofware Engineer, CTO
- Modernized and overhauled a very ambitious wearable and health monitoring web application to specifications.
- Led a team in developing two commercial mobile apps in Air.
- Continuously worked on and upgraded one of the largest webshops with a completely custom Doctrine back end.
- Created a modern point-of-sale solution for a major hardware retailer using C#, WPF, and MVVM, connecting to a custom back end.
Contractor Game Developer
- Engineered a modern shooter game for mobile platforms.
- Implemented various algorithms and optimizations to speed up the game and make it palatable to all marketable devices at the time.
- Worked closely on coordinating asset creation with the artists.
- Participated heavily in the game's overall mechanics and gameplay design.
- Deployed and tested the game during development in a wide variety of mobile environments, on both Android and iOS.
- Developed various prototypes in Unity3D technology.
- Created and shipped an iOS game to specification and glowing review without prior experience with iOS.
- Created and maintained a library of standardized code for the company.
- Developed an unreleased in-house puzzle game as the sole developer.
- Created a virtual museum exhibit with full 3D walk-throughs.
Like My Day
The Fifth Expeditionhttp://store.steampowered.com/app/453030
REO Online Storehttp://www.reo.de/
Gigatron Web Shophttps://gigatronshop.rs
ESE Remote Classroom
The software was mentioned in Wired: https://www.wired.com/story/geology-students-did-video-game-fieldwork-during-covid-it-rocked/
Unity3D, Unity, Photon Unity Networking (PUN), Symfony, Flex, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Redux, Adobe Flex, .NET
SFML, XNA, DirectX, OpenGL, OpenCV, SDL, Pygame, HTML5 Canvas, Node.js, Babylon.js, WebGL, REST APIs, Photon Server
Model View Controller (MVC), Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
Unity Shaders, HTC Vive, Virtual Reality (VR), Game Design, Game Development, Shaders, Computer Graphics, Strategy Games, Rendering Pipelines, Optimization Algorithms, General Medicine, 3D Math, 2D Games, SVG, XMPP, Graphics, Voice Chat, Multiplayer, Networking, Video Chat, Education, 3D Graphics, APIs, Extended Reality (XR)
3ds Max, Git, Visual Studio 2015, NPM, Visual Studio, Composer, NuGet, Xcode, Agora, GitHub
Windows, Magento, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift, LAMP, Android, iOS, Azure, Oculus
Graduate Degree in General Medicine
University of Belgrade - Belgrade, Serbia