Verified Expert in Engineering
Hakeem is a Silicon Valley-based full-stack software engineer with a decade of engineering and programming experience. He excels at working with corporations, having developed products for Facebook and Microsoft. All in all, Hakeem is a full-stack developer with expertise in React, React Native, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, and Android Native.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Bitbucket, Atom, Docker, Git, Tailwind CSS, HTML
The most amazing...
...project I've shipped was the casting feature for the Oculus family of devices.
Software Engineer Full-stack
Bicycle Health App
- Developed the app with React Native and contributed to the back-end API development on Node.js.
- Set up the CI/CD pipeline and scaled the infrastructure to be production-grade.
- Helped roll out the app and added Sentry for monitoring.
React Native Developer
Forbes Media - Q.ai - Main
- Developed features on the React Native application for the Q.AI app.
- Worked with several different tools, including GitHub, Jira, and AWS.
- Launched the app from zero to one and helped maintain new feature development and growth.
- Developed the streaming and scheduling features for the Boalt Yoga app.
- Used tools like Jira, AWS, and Mariana Tek APIS, helped scale the infrastructure, and integrated Sentry as a monitoring tool.
- Led a team of multiple developers and helped with the design and development process.
- Developed and shipped Oculus Streaming from Oculus VR headsets to companion mobile apps. This was a 0-1 effort, becoming the most utilized feature on Oculus VR headsets.
- Built Node.js signaling service for WebRTC connection setup between Oculus VR and companion app on mobile app.
- Supported and administered the launch and shipping of Oculus Quest with the Oculus VR companion app.
Software Engineer II
- Implemented the front end for bug reporting and user feedback and hooked it with the back-end service.
- Implemented accessibility for a Skype Android client in major parts of the Skype Android client.
- Worked on a ReactXP-based Skype client focusing on the chat experience, message syncing, and integration with back-end chat services.
- Implemented a forward media message feature in ReactXP (React Native) Skype client (aka Skype for Life) and integrated with back-end service.
- Implemented a user presence feature (a user has seen timestamp) for a new ReactXP (React-Native) Skype client (aka Skype for Life).
- Designed and implemented a share intent feature on Android Skype for Life client.
- Developed unit and UI testing for Android apps and handled the integration with the CI system.
- Designed and implemented custom widgets and UI elements for an Android remote desktop client app using Android SDK.
- Designed and implemented a JNI C/C++ layer using Android NDK.
- Implemented an in-app storage SQLite database and cache store.
Yoga Joint Studios | Mobile and Web Applicationhttps://www.yogajoint.com/
Bicycle Health Mobile Apphttps://apps.apple.com/il/app/bicycle-health/id1560854220
Ethereum and Polygon Blockchain Indexerhttps://www.datastax.com/products/astra-block
New York Mammals Survey
• Sign in/sign up
• Add records about mammals after signing up
• Multiple user roles e.g., user and administrator
• Data visualization on maps with filters
• Leaderboard for data uploads
• Bulk data uploads using CSV input and images hosted on Google Drive.
• Line and bar graphs for displaying data and comparisons
Technologies: React (web front end), React Native (mobile app front end), Node.js (back end), Prisma (ORM layer), GraphQL (querying data), React Hooks (local cache management).
Head down to the link to see a video demo in the README.md file on GitHub.
Flickr Search Client on Androidhttps://github.com/hakeemsyd/flickr
DoorDash Android Clienthttps://github.com/hakeemsyd/doordash
Twitter App for iOShttps://github.com/hakeemsyd/twitter
1. Login with OAuth 1.0.
2. View the timeline of the user.
3. View home and the timeline.
4. View the user's profile.
5. A hamburger menu with pan gestures.
It has a neat UI with a constraints layout.
Flicks | Search Movieshttps://github.com/hakeemsyd/Flicks
The Bicycle Health App | Zoom SDK Integrationhttps://apps.apple.com/ua/app/bicycle-health/id1560854220
Android SDK, React Native, Redux, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Tailwind CSS
Node.js, React, React Native for Web
Android NDK, Android Studio, Prisma, Git, Bitbucket, Zoom
Android, Docker, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Blockchain, Ethereum
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore - Lahore, Pakistan