Software Engineer2017 - 2020
Technologies: Android, C++, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Node.js, React Native
- Worked on Android AOSP development.
- Defined the Oculus VR VoIP stack on Android.
- Implemented HLS streaming on Android devices.
- Developed the React Native app for Oculus VR.
- Built the Facebook Android app with React Native.
- Created a React Native app for Oculus Quest.
- Developed a React app for Casting.
- Constructed a Node.js back end for Oculus Casting.
Software Engineer II2012 - 2017Microsoft
Technologies: Automation, Android NDK, Android SDK
- Implemented the front end for bug reporting and user feedback and hooked it with the back-end service.
- Implemented accessibility for a Skype Android client in major parts of the Skype Android client.
- Work on a ReactXP-based Skype client focusing on the chat experience, message syncing, and integration with back-end chat services.
- Implemented a forward media message feature in ReactXP (React Native) Skype client (aka Skype for Life) and integrated with back-end service.
- Implemented a user presence feature (a user has seen timestamp) for a new ReactXP (React-Native) Skype client (aka Skype for Life).
- Designed and implemented a share intent feature on Android Skype for Life client.
- Developed unit and UI testing for Android apps and handled the integration with the CI system.
- Designed and implemented custom widgets and UI elements for a remote desktop client app on Android using Android SDK.
- Designed and implemented a JNI C/C++ layer using Android NDK.
- Implemented an in-app storage SQLite database and cache-store.
- Designed and implemented the front end of an RDP client app using the MVP principal.
- Designed and implemented telemetry for A/B testing and improving quality.
- Designed and implemented an Azure remote app client.
- Designed and implemented beta/alpha packaging for an Android to beta test app.
- Wrote a cross-platform connection module in C++ for host machine discovery. This reduced connection failures on Rdp apps by 10%.
- Set up and maintained the build infrastructure and ship pipeline for the RDP-client Android app.
- Designed and implemented a solution of crash collection for the Android app (both C++/Java).
- Designed and implemented a HockeyApp integration with the RDP app.