Verified Expert in Engineering
As a full-stack web application developer, Harry has experience building real-time data streaming and highly secure intelligence applications. He enjoys building beautiful applications that solve critical business and operational needs. As the lead developer on i911.com, he's written code that literally saves lives and is used across the US in emergency situations.
GitHub, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...app I've built from the ground up is i911 that helps emergency responders locate people in critical situations. It's being used to save lives across the US.
Fortune 500 Supply Chain Data Company
- Created a customizable widget-based dashboard engine for React.
- Led conversion from old Angular proof of concept to the React rebuild.
- Oversaw other developers on the team as they learned React and got up to speed with the new patterns and conventions.
Contractor Payment Company
- Developed an npm client for connecting to a secure API.
- Wrote a code generation script that read OpenAPI data to generate over a hundred fully typed endpoint accessors automatically.
- Ensured that the npm package was fully typed, compatible with CJS and ESM, and included comment DocBlocks for on-code documentation.
Contract Software Engineer
Restaurant Brands International
- Designed and developed a universal component library as part of a small team creating reusable components, themes, and tools to improve standardization and quality of cross-brand code for React Native and the web.
- Led efforts in developer experience, customer tooling, and advanced usage of Cypress to increase the reliability of the application.
- Helped define better standards for the front-end and helped refactor the large codebase in a more maintainable and cohesive direction.
- Developed a gamified portion of a customer reward system campaign, which included animations, interactivity, and encouraging best practices helping many team members collaborate towards a common goal.
- Led E2E testing efforts with Cypress and WebDriverIO, and Appium.
Picket Pty Ltd
- Rewrote a Node.js backend using deprecated functional programming-focused packages and many messy approaches. Redeveloped the back end as a Nest.js application, resulting in a cleaner, better-typed, and more reliable back end.
- Worked through the original application line by line to ensure that every feature matched during the rewrite.
- Implemented an event-based system to run batched jobs.
- Managed remote developers to improve the product lifecycle.
- Redesigned the signup flow for a better user experience.
- Implemented a support desk, sprints, and Jira to get a handle on operations.
- Worked on several intelligence-related projects focused on public safety.
- Build i911.com from the ground up as a real-time location streaming service for emergency responders.
- Implemented better API testing for several products.
The Symphony Agency
- Built and maintained dozens of websites on WordPress with custom themes and plugins.
- Created an authentication plugin to increase ease of use for non-developers while maintaining many client sites.
- Built a set of plugins that allowed non-developers to build beautiful and highly customized websites with minimal developer interaction.
- Researched and implemented drastic changes to website performance leading to subsecond time-to-interactive across all client sites.
- Developed a custom Node.js solution for scraping hundreds of pages of HTML, dynamically understanding the structures, and converting the components to modern and standardized versions for a massive website migration to WordPress.
Technical Support Rep
- Supported developer integrations of Accusoft products into a wide range of tech stacks.
- Created a barcode generation application for managing physical assets.
- Assisted customers with self-hosted cloud VM management to run Accusoft services in their private clouds.
- Served as the lead support rep for clients integrating Accusoft's cloud services.
Cypress, Jest, Next.js, Laravel, Express.js, Fastify, Vuetify, PHPUnit, NestJS, React Native, Symfony, Angular, Ionic, Redux, Tailwind CSS, Appium
Node.js, Vue, Vuex, React, RxJS, Firebase Web SDK, Socket.IO, Google Maps API, Twilio API, jQuery, Antd, WebRTC, Stripe API, OpenAPI
WordPress, Firebase, Docker, Heroku, Twilio, Windows, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Mapbox, Vercel, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Vue-router, WordPress Themes, Firebase Hosting, WordPress Plugins, Sanity CMS, Firebase Cloud Functions, Storybook, Chakra UI, Web Dashboards
Adobe Experience Design (XD), Mocha, Prisma, GitHub, CircleCI, Jira, Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Zeplin
MongoDB, Cloud Firestore, Amazon DynamoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hasura