Verified Expert in Engineering
Database and Back-end Developer
Igor is a data engineer and cloud architect with nearly 13 years of solid experience building high-load reliable systems, DWH, ETL, and machine learning pipelines for Gazprombank, Stanford, GlaxoSmithKline, Fujitsu, AbbVie, and Royal Mail. He is a cloud-agnostic engineer specializing in Flask, FastAPI, and database integration. Igor is also keen on building GCP-based systems to leverage businesses to work more efficiently, gain more flexibility, and allow a strategic advantage.
PyCharm, Slack, Linux, Git
The most amazing...
...recommendation system I've developed is one of the world's most popular video streaming platforms, Tango Live.
Big Data Architect and Team Lead
- Designed a highly loaded recommendation system as the main component of an app.
- Developed pipelines for training machine learning models and orchestration of their call.
- Created a mechanism for monitoring the operation of all components of the recommendation system.
- Optimized data loading into storage, refactoring the legacy code.
Key Big Data Developer
- Designed an apartment's interior design recommendation system.
- Developed the back-end part of the flat interior recommendations system, including a scraper for collecting information for training models and all data processing processes.
- Solved incidents reported on Jira related to data pipelines.
Big Data Architect
- Migrated anomaly calculation processes from Docker containers to an EMR Apache Spark cluster. This allowed optimizing the speed of calculations several times.
- Reduced in several-fold the cost of using AWS due to dynamic calculation EMR cluster configuration.
- Developed the monitoring system with reports and alerts mechanisms. Implemented the CI/CD process.
- Performed tech leadership for the cloud-based prediction system design.
Lead Big Data Developer
First Line Software
- Developed the full cycle of the ETL process for transforming customers' raw data into the OMOP Common Data Model (CDM) standard.
- Developed and implemented a tool to automate data conversion using Python, SQL, and Spark.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed a system for distributing tickets by the performer of incidents.
- Developed and implemented a tracking system on the project.
- Migrated the billing reporting system to SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Chief Software Engineer
- Developed an analytical and management reporting system.
- Developed an automated system for installing retail exchange rates. This system increased the bank's income by several times from currency exchange operations to reduce currency risks.
- Created a system for planning and monitoring the execution of the plan.
- Built a system for combating fraudulent transactions through the "Client Bank" functionality.
Recommendation System for Tangohttps://www.tango.me/live/recommended
I was the engineering team leader and owned the entire development process on the data and cloud sides.
An Apartments' Interior Design Recommendation System for EPAM
I was a project architect, as well as a data engineer and back-end developer. I designed the architecture of the system and the interaction of all components.
A Complex ETL of Medical Data with a Custom Conversion Kit for First-line Softwarehttps://www.ohdsi.org/data-standardization/the-common-data-model/
I was a tech lead on this project. My responsibilities were developing the core part of the framework’s components using Python, which allowed us to automate scheduled ETL steps and run other tasks after conversion, such as unit tests, stats reports, and so on. I also performed code reviewing and ran the ETL pipelines.
SQL, Bash, Python, Scala, C#.NET, Excel VBA
PyCharm, Git, Apache Beam, Apache Airflow, Postman, Slack, Grafana, Terraform, Amazon Cognito, Cloud Dataflow, GitLab, Apache NiFi, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), BigQuery, Spark SQL, Amazon Athena, Google Cloud Dataproc
REST, ETL, Database Design
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Apache Kafka, New Relic, Oracle, Kubernetes
PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Pipelines, JSON, Databases, Redshift, Google Bigtable, Amazon DynamoDB, IBM Informix, Cloud Firestore
IT Systems Architecture, Big Data, Big Data Architecture, Data Architecture, Data Engineering, FastAPI, Redis Clusters, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Machine Learning, Google BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Investments, Stock Market, Google Cloud Functions, Cloud Run
Flask, Apache Spark, Django, Locust
Dropbox API, Google APIs
Master's Degree in Information Technologies
Kazan National Research Technical University - Kazan, Russia
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Professional Cloud Architect
Professional Data Engineer
Associate Cloud Engineer
AWS Certified Developer
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring