Member since August 15, 2015
Ivan first started coding back in 2007 at the beginning of his college education, and he became really passionate about it. He likes learning new technologies and staying on top of his game all the time. During his early employment, he learned a lot about the importance of communication between team members and how to be a great team player.
React Developer2018 - PRESENTDenteva (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, Redux-Form, React-Router, Immutable.js
- Created super clean React reusable components.
- Optimized app performance via Immutable.js.
- Developed a complex routing system with parsing of URL query params used in React/Redux environment.
- Worked with React Drag&Drop.
- Released the MVP on time thanks to clear thinking and prioritization.
TypeScript Developer2016 - 2017Karius (via Toptal)
Technologies: TypeScript 2, React, Redux, Webpack, Docker, Bash
- Used TypeScript to ensure bulletproof type consistency and data normalization.
- Worked on creating a custom swagger template used to auto-generate back-end API return models for TypeScript.
- Used Enzyme to write React/Redux unit tests.
- Wrote a reusable complex React component used to set URL query params. It uses auto-suggest, search, predefined filters, datepickers, and more.
- Helped create project production/staging/development environments using Docker and shell scripting.
Technologies: React, Node.js, ES6/7, Redux, Passport, MongoDB
- Wrote a Webpack build process for React server-side rendering from the ground up.
- Developed Node.js user session handling with Passport and MongoDB.
- Used React and Redux to set up working logic on the client.
- Wrote Karma/Mocha Unit tests for a Redux-based app (mocking Redux actions and reducers).
- Mastered front-end responsiveness with Sass and nested @media queries.
- Creating complex charts using a popular HighCharts library.
- Converted designer Sketch files into a fully functional/responsive web app.
- Created custom shape elements using SVG.
- Rewrote the inner app architecture to accommodate new Redux data flow.
- Created a new custom theme on Zendesk's help center.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2016Staffmatch (via Toptal)
- Optimized code performance.
- Created reusable React.js components.
- Introduced Immutable.js to the Staffmatch app to avoid a React component re-render.
- Completed the transition to a Redux implementation of Flux architecture.
- Transitioned from Gulp to modern Webpack bundler.
- Created charts with D3.js and SVG elements.
Technologies: React.js, Flux, React-Bootstrap Immutable.js, Babel ES6/7, Webpack, Karma
- Designed a React.js application from the ground up.
- Created React.js reusable components.
- Created a React.js starter application which served as a proof-of-concept for a React.js framework and later as the scaffolding for an app for our new project.
- Used Redux approach (with Immutable.js) for a React flux application.
- Wrote Karma unit tests for React.js apps.
- Wrote a validation React component which is used for simplifying very complex input validations.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2015Betaware
Technologies: HTML, CSS (Sass/Less), JS, AngularJS, MySQL, PHP (Laravel), Ionic
- Created a CMS using PHP (Laravel) and MySQL.
- Worked on social network W!SH, built with the MEAN JS stack.
- Worked on a mobile app for managing company public applications in Croatia.
- Created a mobile application UI in Ionic framework.
- Helped completely redesign web applications using Sass/Less.
Front-end Developer2012 - 2014NTH Media
Technologies: HTML, CSS, JS, AngularJS, MySQL
- Designed web application UI.
- Created fully responsive web apps.
- Managed a MySQL database.
- Provided Linux server administration.
- Analyzed Linux server traffic logs.
- Ivan is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Ivan shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksVanilla JS, Bootstrap 3, Flux, Redux, AngularJS, React Native, ZURB Foundation, Ionic, Swagger, Ember.js, Protractor, Jasmine, Laravel
Libraries/APIsImmutable.js, React, React Redux, Node.js, Atlassian AUI, Facebook API, jQuery, D3.js
ToolsGit, Webpack, Babel, Gulp.js, Sublime Text 3, Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Stash, PhpMyAdmin, Karma, Eclipse IDE, Bamboo, PhpStorm, Grunt
OtherShellScript, Enzyme, Ember CLI
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering2007 - 2014Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science - Osijek