Verified Expert in Engineering
Jacqueline is a software developer with over seven years of experience building engaging and interactive websites. She specializes in WordPress and has extensive hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development. Through her experience, Jacqueline has learned to work efficiently and deliver maintainable, high-quality code.
PhpStorm, MySQL, Apache, Git, PHP, WordPress
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a travel agency website with its booking and back-end systems.
Senior WordPress Developer
BCS Interactive, LLC
- Created a custom theme from scratch based on the designer's Figma file for the bronxarts.net website.
- Added language support with WPML for three languages.
- Launched the website successfully meeting the client's deadlines.
Hoag - Marketing
- Developed multiple custom templates and options to enhance the web experience on multiple websites on the Hoag network, but mainly for their main website Hoag.org.
- Tracked and fixed bugs and followed up on projects using Jira software.
- Helped the marketing department with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to track campaigns and marketing goals.
- Helped with the transition from Google Analytics to Google Analytics 4 for all their web properties.
- Set up deployment scripts from code repositories to Digital Ocean servers.
Team Keeley, LLC
- Finished the custom development for some parts of the website that couldn't work with plugins.
- Pushed the website to production and switched the old website to the new WordPress version.
- Added multiple custom functionalities to AffiliateWP.
- Supported the ongoing daily maintenance and development of new features.
D2 Legal Technology
- Cleaned up the company's custom WordPress theme, fine-tuning its appearance and usage.
- Set up social media tools to post content easily, optimizing the previous solution.
- Pushed the new website solution to production without any downtime.
A Timeout with Mom
- Created different profile account types for subscriptions.
- Enabled different features to be available for users, including smart search, group and private chat, professional reviews, payment workflow, verification process, and online appointment bookings.
- Generated custom shortcodes so the client can use them on any part of the website.
- Reviewed thoroughly and set up all website plugins, removing unnecessary ones.
- Adjusted the website CSS for all resolutions, including LG, MD, and SM devices.
Cuba Education Tours
- Developed a custom WordPress theme with a booking system that has worked for over six years.
- Optimized the website performance using SEO and SEM guidelines, achieving first-page organic search ranking and significantly increasing website traffic.
- Created and maintained a WordPress multisite platform to host hundreds of travel agents' websites.
Ma Maison - Real Estate
- Developed a website for a real estate company that automatically brings all properties from the centralized system.
- Ensured that the website had excellent responsive versions for mobile devices.
- Achieved good website performance and speed that matches software development best practices.
- Developed several custom WordPress themes from scratch.
- Built HTML, CSS, and jQuery templates from Photoshop files.
- Developed custom WordPress plugins to avoid the unnecessary load of resources from bigger plugins on the market.
IT Services Provider for Tourism (GET)
- Conducted the analysis and design of a payroll module adapted to the tourism field.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive backup plan and disaster recovery strategies.
- Wrote coding logic for business layer and data access layer using C#, Visual Basic, ADO.NET, and LINQ to SQL.
- Created tabular reports, parameterized reports, and drilled down and drilled through reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and DevExpress Report Controls (XtraReports).
Cuba Explorer—Travel Website Platformhttps://cubaexplorer.com
Montreal Real Estate Agent Website
The website is also integrated with the listings provider, Centris, which allows them to get daily updates of their properties automatically, considerably reducing the administration work.
Online University to Empower and Support Momshttps://mommastery.com/
WordPress Developer – Marketinghttps://www.hoag.org
Bronx Arts Schools Websitehttps://bronxarts.net
MySQL, SQL Server DBA, WP Engine
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Gamification
WordPress Plugins, WordPress Themes, SEO Tools, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Elementor, Affiliate Programs, CSS5, Bootstrap 4, Google Analytics 4, Google Tag Manager, Gravity Forms, Yoast SEO
jQuery, BuddyPress, React
Apache, Git, Adobe Photoshop, Crystal Reports, Adobe Experience Design (XD), LearnDash, AffiliateWP, GitHub, Figma, Google Analytics, WPML, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), ACF PRO
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
Polytechnic José Antonio Echeverría (CUJAE) - Havana, Cuba