Verified Expert in Engineering
Git, Xcode, Visual Studio, MacOS, Linux, Windows
The most amazing...
...component I've worked on is the multi-language support for a GPS turn-by-turn navigation system.
- Tested and diagnosed the issue with the existing software installation related to the Microsoft Access database connection.
- Wrote the script that installs an appropriate driver based on the existing operating system and Microsoft Access database version.
- Improved the error reporting to provide better diagnostics for possible future errors.
- Wrote a Python test that prevents errors of orphaned documentation pages (which cannot be accessed from the documentation tree). In case of such errors, they would be spotted immediately instead of after deployment.
- Maintained and improved existing Python extensions for the Sphynx documentation platform.
- Worked on Python and shell scripts for documentation localization, including pre-processing and post-processing of localized HTML files.
- Worked on integration of React-based API documentation into existing, static documentation tree.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed a platform-independent driver for Apple screen mirroring using C++.
- Built a platform-independent driver for Google screencast in C++.
- Developed a Windows Kernel driver for net filtering using C#.
- Wrote critical filtering code in C++ using native Windows API.
- Created the code that can be run both in the user space and kernel space to provide the client with a convenient testing environment.
- Wrote wrappers for connectors to various database engines in C++.
- Wrote functional tests in Python to catch the most common database errors in advance.
- Solved various multi-threading issues with existing database connectors.
Go, React, and Android Developer
- Wrote back end for the fleet management software in Go.
- Developed innovative heuristic algorithms for traveling salesman problem with multiple simultaneous routes.
- Managed development of fleet management software in Go, Android, iOS, and React.
- Improved the telemetry component, written in C++, by adding information needed for more useful results.
- Found and fixed various bugs in the existing C++ software.
- Wrote unit tests using Google Test framework for automated testing of the back-end components.
- Developed a PowerPoint plugin for chart representation, using C++.
- Fixed issues related to Windows API messages using C++.
- Solved portability issues caused by discrepancies between Windows and macOS versions of Microsoft Office.
Software Engineer II
- Created Windows Mixed Reality scene hierarchy visualizations in various data formats, using C++.
- Refactored an existing C++ class hierarchy for the infrastructural components in Windows Mixed Reality.
- Worked on the component that transforms a design-time scene to a runtime scene (baking) using C++.
- Developed partial baking: the concept that allows only changed scene parts to be transformed into the runtime.
- Wrote a lightweight and maintainable XML creator in C++.
- Participated in the creation of diagnostics components of network switches, using C++.
- Wrote unit tests for network switches using Python.
- Worked as a member of the DevOps team and monitored and maintained a continuous integration system.
- Found and fixed various bugs in existing unit tests.
- Enabled the Linux environment to use a visual code editor instead of traditional Vi/Emacs editors.
Senior Software Developer | Project Manager | Co-owner
- Created the server-side part of the monitoring software for electronics production, using C#.
- Built an internet-of-things server in C# and Microsoft SQL.
- Wrote the specifications for a multi-purpose monitoring device.
- Adapted Raspberry Pi to be used as a bridge between server and Bluetooth LE devices (used C++).
- Developed a C++ back end for Nginx for the purpose of faster REST-full processing.
- Created my own object-based scripting language in C++ as a portable language for front-end mobile development.
- Wrote various smaller applications for third parties.
Senior Software Developer
- Created the component that gave the correct directions for a turn-by-turn navigation system, using C++.
- Built the component which matches GPS data with the road network, using C++.
- Created a localization system for both spoken and written turn-by-turn navigation directions in C++ and an own scripting language.
- Constructed a portable controls library, using C++.
- Implemented the correct grammar structure of spoken turn-by-turn directions in more than 30 spoken languages.
- Implemented a driver for GPS tracking device in Java.
- Developed the front-end part of four different turn-by-turn navigation software products.
- Wrote various utilities to speed-up development in the company.
- Led a four-member team for a year that developed a web-based fleet management system.
Mireo via GPS
Universal Data Monitoring
Donkey Programming languagehttps://github.com/jakisa/donkey
Windows Mixed Reality
Latency Analyzer (LANZ)
Stork, Part 2: Creating an Expression Parser
Stork, Part 3: Implementing Expressions and Variables
Stork, Part 4: Implementing Statements and Wrapping Up
C# vs. C++: What’s at the Core?
.NET, .NET Core, AngularJS, Knockout (Knockout.js), GStreamer, Qt, Angular, Google Test, React Native
Windows API, Node.js, OpenGL, Entity Framework, REST APIs, React, jQuery, Web Audio, OpenCV
Visual Studio, Xcode, Git, Logic Pro, Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO), Subversion (SVN), CMake, Jenkins, Figma
Concurrent Programming, REST, Mobile Development, Functional Programming
Windows, Debian, Raspberry Pi, Mobile, Linux, MacOS, Windows CE, Docker, Android, iOS, Azure
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, PostgreSQL
Embedded Systems, Parsers, Front-end Development, Back-end Development, Full-stack, Embedded Software, Firmware, Data Engineering, Scripting, Reports, Office Add-ins, APIs, App Integration, Embedded Development, Back-end, Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud, Serverless, Web Scraping, Architecture, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Social Networks, Front-end, Web Applications, System Integration, Excel Add-ins, Videos, Mixed Reality (MR), Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Documentation, Windows Kernel Drivers, Networks, C++20, Embedded Hardware
Master's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia
Technician's Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Ivan Mestrovic High School - Drnis, Croatia