Verified Expert in Engineering
James is a results-driven, can-do, and entrepreneurial engineer with eight years of C-level experience (15+ years of professional engineering)—consistently delivering successful bleeding-edge products to support business goals. He's an architect in innovative tech initiatives that add to and accelerate business revenue streams. He's also the CTO and lead developer of Toon Goggles—an SVOD/AVOD kids' entertainment service with 8 million users.
TextWrangler, Android Studio, Xcode, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is the more than 8 million user Toon Goggles service valued at more than $50 million.
CEO | CTO
- Worked on video-on-demand projects.
- Built the scalable infrastructure.
- Developed white-label projects.
Chief Technical Officer | Co-founder
Digital Media Interactive LLC
- Oversaw and developed over 50 technology development projects since 2010 for Fortune 500 large business, small business, medical, and educational institutions, high-profile celebrities, and individuals.
- Acted as the main point of contact for client technology development as well as consultations on business development and strategy.
- Built a multi-technology (WiFi/Bluetooth/NFC), cross-platform device-to-device networking for both large and small data communication.
- Developed the Anywhere Artist robust (PAAS) frameworks for musicians.
- Performed rapid color analysis of images, videos, and live feeds to aid software developers as well as professional medical applications.
- Worked as an early-stage tech advisor and virtual CTO for numerous companies.
- Performed advanced OpenGL integrations with live-video processing of single or multiple input streams.
Chief Technical Officer
Toon Goggles, Inc.
- Led the technology development from the scalable server infrastructures and video transcoding/delivery to native applications for mobile devices, connected TVs, desktops, cars, and responsive web. Oversaw a 50+ seat local and remote mixed development team as well as performing hands-on development on all initiatives. Served as a board member of behalf of TG for the non-profit Youth Education for Success Foundation as well as a technology advisory board member for Kaltura, Inc.
- Worked as a key player in bringing once-niche technologies mainstream including HLS, HEVC, MPEG-DASH, 4K UHD, OpenGL live video processing, and 360 videos while developing them for TG.
- Grew the company to $15 million in technology value over six years with a budget of under $1 million over the same period.
- Pioneered new technologies and securing patents for connected toys, next-generation advertising, and augmented reality.
- Architected a platform to enable white-label Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) revenue streams which resulted in $100 million+ yearly revenue as the service grows.
- Was awarded the Innovation Award from Kaltura, Inc.
Advanced Technical Leadership Program Engineer
Lockheed Martin Corporation (Skunk Works)
- Worked as a structural design engineer for numerous projects and as the team lead for a $15M military aircraft. Designed parts, oversaw production, and supported field-testing of projects including the F-117 stealth fighter.
- Implemented the 3D modeling in CATIA.
- Carried out a Finite Element analysis.
- Was involved fully in the design creation from cradle to the grave.
- Managed the program.
New Page Pianist | Producer
- Recorded, produced, and released 38 New Age piano works.
- Worked in public relations, did bookings, did the web development, and had piano performances.
Toon Goggles, Inc.http://www.toongoggles.com
Various DMI Development Projects
1) Advanced OpenGL integrations with live video processing of single or multiple input streams.
2) Multi-technology (WiFi/Bluetooth/NFC), cross-platform device-to-device networking for both large and small data communication.
A few of the non-confidential project examples include:
1) Akers BioMed Color Analysis of Specimens.
2) Beyond Limits Biomedical Artificial Intelligence.
3) BioMetallics Breathalyzer Color Analysis.
4) Cozzia Massage Chair Software.
5) Google Cardboard 360 Video Player.
Talley Materials Calculatorhttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/talley-materials-calculator/id903907502?mt=8
1) Calculators for asphalt, sand, gravel, road oils/emulsions, ready mix, and aggregates,
2) Oil spread rates for chip seals.
3) A GPS measuring tool.
4) A counter to count loads etc.
5) A spreader truck calibration tool.
Angular, Cocos2d, Ruby on Rails (RoR), CakePHP, Sails.js, Unity
REST APIs, GPUImage, jQuery, jQuery UI, OpenGL, Node.js
Adobe Photoshop, CATIA, Git, Basecamp, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Apple Logic Studio, Basalmiq, Skype, Slack, SOLIDWORKS, Adobe Illustrator, Apache, Xcode, Android Studio, TextWrangler, RabbitMQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Chef, NGINX, Jira, OmniGraffle
RESTful Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), HL7 FHIR Standard
Web, WatchOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Google TV, MacOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), WordPress, Linux, Drupal, Unix, tvOS, Tizen, New Relic, AWS Lambda, Windows
Project Management, Marketing
Design, Smart TV, Architecture, Prototyping, Scalability, Videos, Video Encoding, Connected Cars, Software Architecture, Big Data Architecture, Mixed Reality (MR), Google, Front-end Development, Mixed Reality Developer, Augmented Reality (AR), Algorithms, Virtual Reality (VR), Video & Audio Processing, 360° Video, Data Structures, Social Media Strategy, Business Development, Localization, Game Development, Android Wearables, Digital Advertising, Peer-to-peer Networking, Analytics, Shaders, Color Theory, Home Automation, Audio, Near-field Communication (NFC), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth, OpenGL Shell, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), On-demand, Web Technologies, Biomedical Skills, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), HomeKit, Roku, Hardware
MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, MongoDB, NoSQL
Master's Degree in Aerospace Engineering
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo - San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineer
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo - San Luis Obispo, CA, USA