Consultant2010 - PRESENTCasualty Actuarial Society
Technologies: PDF, Microsoft Access
- Developed a custom Microsoft Access application used for the CAS exam grading process. This is a semi-annual on site process where society fellows gather from across the U.S. and Canada to grade essay exams submitted by prospective fellows.
- Developed a feature of the Access application which imports data from Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. The application also generates data which is imported into Excel as histograms. The Access application contains over 25 reports. Some reports have custom Access forms that are used to gather report parameters. Many reports have extensive report logic and complex grouping and sorting. Most reports are tabular, but some support multiple (newspaper) columns.
Senior Programmer and Analyst2009 - PRESENTJohns Hopkins University
Technologies: OnBase, VB, C#, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server
- Supported multiple functional areas—including registrar, admissions, and billing.
- Developed custom SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Developed and maintained automated processes to integrate three applications from different vendors—including a web-based application, an internal document management system (with workflow), and the university's student information system.
- Acted as the lead developer for our internal OnBase (Hyland) document management system.
- Developed a Salesforce-based application to help manage walk-ins to our one-stop student services help desk.
Principal2008 - PRESENTAgile Media Ventures, LLC
Technologies: MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, PHP, WordPress, Microsoft SQL Server
- Implemented a redesign for the Americas Diabetes Challenge website. This site was hosted in WordPress and had both English and Spanish versions.
- Maintained several custom public-facing PHP and MySQL websites. Several of the web applications included subscription and one-time payment processing using PayPal.
- Updated the content for a leading e-learning portal for emergency room nurses. This was a custom application developed with PHP and MySQL.
- Developed the Power-of-a-Hug website using WordPress along with a few off-the-shelf plugins—including a front-end uploader, justified image grid, and PODS.
- Supported custom reporting engagements for a major provider of secure print management solution. Custom reporting solutions were developed with a variety of tools—most notably SQL Server, Crystal Reports, and Tableau.
Vice President for Software Development1998 - 2008American Technology Services, Inc.
Technologies: DotNetNuke (DNN), Ektron CMS, Classic ASP, ASP.NET, VB, C#, Microsoft SQL Server
- Led teams that implemented multiple websites using various content management systems, including Ektron and DotNetNuke.
- Managed the business development for the software development group—including writing proposals, and presenting at trade shows/conferences.
- Led the team that developed the Bechtel Public Affairs Database (BPAD)—a web-based tracking system used by the internal PR department at Bechtel.
- Served as the chief technical architect for the development of the Enterprise Information System (EIS) for the Petroleum Finance Company.
- Led the development of the CU Analyzer—an ASP.NET/SQL Server application that allowed external customers to analyze the relative performance of a credit union as compared to its peers.