Quantitative Developer2017 - 2017N. B. Dhanuka Ltd.
Technologies: Bash, Unix, Windows, Git, Linux, Functional Programming, Docker, Haskell
- Did functional programming in Haskell within a dockerized Linux environment.
- Created simulations of price movements for an asset based on set parameters.
- Performed numerical optimization techniques on portfolio allocation between various assets and investment strategies.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Garrison Technology Ltd.
Technologies: GCC, Make, Scrum, Bash, Unix, Linux, Agile Software Development, Windows, Git, Cybersecurity, Qt, Yocto, Embedded Linux, Python, C++, Android, DirectX
- Fixed display issues in DirectX code, allowing the Android environment to be shown with pixel-perfect accuracy on a PC screen.
- Resolved issues with the Qt application switching between high DPI screens.
- Performed stress testing of system networking using Python.
Compiler Engineer2016 - 2016Maxeler Technologies Ltd.
Technologies: GCC, Make, Bash, Unix, Linux, Git, Subversion (SVN), High-performance Computing, Device Drivers, C, Embedded Linux, Microsoft HPC, Java, VHDL, FPGA
- Debugged and upgraded kernel driver and runtime library for the HPC system.
- Detected and assisted in fixing regressions in the FPGA VHDL code.
- Participated in the transition of the codebase and tooling from SVN to Git.
- Developed ideas for new test infrastructure to be included in the Jenkins continuous integration/deployment system.
Senior Engineer2012 - 2016Cambridge Consultants Ltd.
Technologies: GCC, Berkeley Sockets, Vim Text Editor, Make, Procedural Programming, SQL, C#, SQLite, Bash, Unix, Linux, Visual Studio, MATLAB, Wireshark, Windows, Multithreading, Digital Signal Processing, Git, Subversion (SVN), Embedded Linux, Radio, Radio Frequency (RF) Protocol, Telecommunications, DSP, ARM, Multi-core Programming, Assembler, C++, C
- Participated in the development of physical layer implementations for telecoms standards including GSM, cdma2000, UMTS, and LTE.
- Led studies and laid the groundwork for enabling new platforms (e.g. Octasic) to be used within the company.
- Wrote optimized C/ASM for various multicore/VLIW architectures, and implemented DSP algorithms such as mixed-radix FFTs.
- Produced new tools, applications and demos for the company's Sidewinder SDR platform.
- Completed an upgrade and full port of a legacy C++ multi-threaded telecoms stack from Windows to embedded Linux.
- Did technical writing and protocol design to coordinate with other teams in the company.
- Implemented new network protocols, including the development of an associated Wireshark plugin to dissect the network traffic.
- Created on my own all the necessary components for a system to do waveform playback and capture on radio frequencies from MATLAB.
- Integrated or updated third-party software for use in the company's products and solutions.