Director | Owner2011 - PRESENTCrafted Reveries Limited
Technologies: C#, Unity3D, iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Web, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR)
- Owned and operated a video game company.
- Created a large number of small video games for varying devices including PC/Mac, web, and mobile.
- Co-designed, coded, and created the visual art for Shu's Garden—a sandbox game nominated for the best social/casual game at the Canadian Video Game Awards in 2014.
- Researched and experimented with interactive story techniques; including a substantial fictional work created with funding from the Ontario Arts Council.
- Wrote algorithms for simulating ecosystems and procedural generation of flora (Shu's Garden).
Unity AR Developer2018 - 2018Clipo, Inc.
Technologies: Unity3D, ARKit, Zenject (Dependency Injection)
- Helped build a concept app using the Unity engine and Apple's ARKit.
- Provided guidance and advice for further development.
- Structured app using extremely modular code and dependency injection.
Unity/ARKit Engineer2017 - 2018Fast Rope Labs
Technologies: Unity, ARKit
- Engineered and assisted in the design of an ARKit-powered app.
- Built a project from scratch in Unity.
- Contributed to the interactive design and visual aspects of the project.
- Created an augmented-reality app which anchored a virtual world to a real-world location and provided a historical recreation overlaid on the present-day site.
VR Consultant2016 - 2017Mind Brain Hive
Technologies: WebGL-based Virtual Reality, DiVR (Virtual Reality Experience Editor)
- Created sample content using a proprietary VR experience editor called DiVR.
- Provided quality assurance services for the alpha version of this toolset.
- Gave technical and design guidance on the further development of the toolset.
Unity Engine Consultant2016 - 2017Postopian Games, Inc.
Technologies: Unity3D, C#, Google Cardboard
- Implemented a virtual reality video game with interactive story content.
- Provided technical guidance for the art pipeline.
Unity Engine Consultant2016 - 2016Secret Location
Technologies: Unity3D, C#, Samsung Gear VR
- Revised a prototype for a VR video viewing application.
- Provided technical guidance on implementing virtual reality (VR) with the Unity Game engine.
- Gave design guidance on and implemented several UX models for the above prototype.
Unity Consultant2016 - 2016Digital A.I.R.
Technologies: Unity3D, C#, Vuforia, Kudan AR SDK, Sony SmartAR, Various Artificial Reality SDKs
- Provided technical guidance for an augmented reality startup.
- Created and helped to create various augmented prototypes using a wide range of AR toolkits within the Unity engine.
- Provided the design guidance for creating AR experiences.
Unity Engine Consultant | Developer2012 - 2015AWE Company Ltd
Technologies: Unity3D, C#, Meta AR Glasses, Google Tango, Google Cardboard
- Created augmented reality installations with historical dramatic content.
- Managed team members in the creation of a second-screen TV episode and interactive app.
- Created various prototypes for VR and AR apps.
- Worked primarily in Unity3D, using various AR and VR SDKs and equipment.
Lead Story Designer2008 - 2011AAA Game Studio in Toronto, Canada
Technologies: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, C#, Trac
- Researched source material and wrote draft scripts for a story-heavy AAA action game.
- Worked with a scriptwriter and scenario design team to revise scripts.
- Assisted in voice recording and motion capture sessions.
- Directed a team of four in the creation of in-engine cutscenes; including art direction and schedule management.
- Created a rich script-writing tool to produce industry-standard scripts for actors and directors, as well as subtitles for the game data in seven languages.
- Monitored and edited text material in the game, the manual, and website.
- Led, in my last five months, the localization of a mobile social game.