Chief Architect2015 - PRESENTBioReference Laboratories
Technologies: Jersey, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, Ace Editor, GoJS, Ext JS, Core Java (J2EE), JBoss Drools
- Worked with a genetic counselor to implement family history-based rules within the Drools Rules Engine using Java. Rules include health insurance coverage.
- Created a JSON web service to accept family tree information and output rules that, when triggered, recommended genetic tests and health insurance coverage.
- Created a front-end application to allow genetic counselors to create, test, and modify rules. The application includes a pedigree chart using GoJS and a rules editor using Ace.
Senior Node Developer2020 - 2020Driven By Safety
Technologies: MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Angular, javascipt, Python 2
- Debugged existing Python scripts runing in Google App Engine and wrote new Python scripts to automate data handling.
- Worked with Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, Sashido, and MongoDB.
Architect2020 - 2020NetQuest
Technologies: React, Java, Spring Boot
- Created Java/Spring Boot middleware with a REST interface.
- Contributed to the development of React front-end code.
- Serialized and deserialized code using Apache AVRO.
- Communicated with the back end using Unix Sockets.
Back-end Developer2019 - 2019Virtual Real Estate
Technologies: Data, RETS, AWS S3, AWS EC2, MySQL, Node.js
- Supplied back-end API methods for front-end developers using Node.js.
- Worked with MySQL and MLS data.
- Worked with AWS S3 for image handling.
- Researched data vendors and selected best fit.
- Created AWS RDS for the project.
Chief Architect for Platform Engineering2018 - 2018ByteCubed
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Concourse CI, Docker Compose, Docker, Microservices
- Created direction and documentation for a serverless architecture that complied with 12-factor app mandates, microservices included.
- Implemented and deployed Spring ConfigServer and other Spring Cloud Technologies.
- Modified existing and created new pipelines in Concourse CI.
- Used Docker and Docker Compose to create ELK stack for data analysts.
Chief Architect2016 - 2017LiveSchool
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Analytics, Microservices, Data Warehousing, AWS, ECMAScript (ES6), MySQL, Node.js
- Using Node.js, designed and implemented Insights, a warehousing engine to provide teachers, admins, and parents advanced analytics.
- Created microservices for front-end developers.
- Created extremely complex ad-hoc MySQL queries to control ordering and record selection.
- Created and ingested AWS SQS messages.
Chief Architect2015 - 2015ToutApp
Technologies: MongoDB, AWS Lambda, Node.js
- Created dozens of web crawlers utilizing Node.js and AWS Lambda. Implemented the web crawlers to parse APIs and raw HTML results.
- Created a Chrome extension to query LinkedIn via Google (XRay Search) and create candidates for potential inclusion within the end-user ToutApp sales campaign.
- Worked with a 500 node proxy server pool to parallel process LinkedIn XRay results.
- Created a front-end application in Node.js and Express.js to monitor web crawler status.
- Utilized the Node.js CRON library to schedule daily and weekly web crawlers.
- Stored the results of the scraped information in MongoDB.
Senior Architect2014 - 2015veEDIS Clinical Systems (via Toptal)
Technologies: Jersey, Ext JS, Core Java (J2EE), JBoss Drools
- Converted home-grown rules-based architecture to Drools standards.
- Converted rules (over 500) to the Drools Rules Language.
- Added state-of-the-art subject matter expert rules editing tools.
- Created custom accumulators for medical scoring rules and added the ability to perform longitudinal medical rules.
- Added mapping to SNOMED, RxNorm, and other medical standards.
Consultant2014 - 2014Amazon Web Services
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jetty, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Android NDK, Accessory Development Kit (ADK), Android, C++, Amazon AppStream, AWS, JNI, Java
- Created a Windows client to communicate with Amazon AppStream server applications. The client included customized captions using windows non-client messaging.
- Customized DirectX implementation to display low network levels.
- Worked on an AppStream Android client. The solution included JNI/NDK interface with AWS DLLs and GLSurfaceView implementation.
- Created a customized AppStream eligibility server. Both clients communicated with the eligibility server for authorization and available AppStream applications. Both clients monitored network latency, download speed, dropped frames, and displayed warnings when stats were below minimum acceptable levels. Both clients submitted survey results to Kinesis service.
Director of Accelerator Products2008 - 2014iRise
- Designed, implemented, tested, and maintained a suite of products to complement iRise core products.
- Created iRise CodeGen, which creates software code from iRise simulations, reducing customer efforts to create code by up to 70%.
- Created iRise Importer, which converts existing web pages to iRise simulations, reducing customer efforts by up to 90%.
- Worked on project management, technical architecture, and application development.
- Worked on iRise Adoption Center and connectivity products to requirement management systems, including HP Quality Center and Borland Caliber.
Project Manager/Enterprise Architect2007 - 2008Ibeza
- Created Synapse, a rule-based web application to determine insurance reimbursement eligibility in real time. Synapse allowed medical, non-technical personnel to enter complicated medical eligibility rules through a simple-to-use web interface.
- Provided project management, technical design, and application development services.
Project Manager/Senior Software Architect2006 - 2007Symantec
Technologies: Hibernate, EJB, Java, IBM WebSphere
- Worked on new front- and back-end architecture to increase revenue from Norton customers.
- Provided project management, technical design, and application development services.
- Worked on Norton presentation layer and website storefront back-end code.
Senior Software Architect/Technical Liaison2006 - 2006Yahoo!
Technologies: .NET, Core Java (J2EE), Web Services
- Assisted Yahoo Search Marketing in rolling out Panama SDK to their multi-million dollar Yahoo accounts.
- Traveled through the US, visiting key customers and helping them with software implementation and deployment issues.
- Prepared Yahoo/Google Internet Ad implementation comparison read by Jerry Yang, CEO.
Senior Software Architect2005 - 2006Sony
Technologies: Digital Rights Management (DRM), Java
- Worked on application development for Sony CONNECT Music Store, using Sony's digital rights management system.
- Performed batch processing to convert music from various sources and formats.
Project Manager/Architect2004 - 2005Axium Entertainment Payroll Services
Technologies: Crystal, Citrix, Microsoft SQL Server, Java
- Worked on a production accounting system, which has been live, with over a billion dollars of activity.
- Managed a system consisting of more than 500 thousand lines of Java code, dozens of stored procedures in MS SQL servers, and dozens of reports running on Crystal Enterprise.
Project Manager/Architect2003 - 2004Suzuki
Technologies: Core Java (J2EE), JSP, Apache Struts, WebSphere Application Server
- Worked on the warranty claim review system, certified user car program, and WebSphere portal, where users perform delegated user administration tasks.
Director of Technical Education/Architect2001 - 2003Gamma Enterprise Technologies
- Created and delivered J2EE-centric courses.
- Architected and implemented Gamma's Java to SAP enterprise connectivity.
- Presented at computer conferences on technology, and co-authored "WebLogic Server 8.1 Unleashed."
Project Manager/Architect2000 - 2001Peoplelink
- Created HomePage builder, an advanced applet to allow non-programmers to create web pages using WYSIWIG.
Project Manager/Architect2000 - 2000Seren Systems
- Created advanced ATM machines with scanning capabilities.
Director of Strategic Development1999 - 2000Craftclick
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, ColdFusion
- Worked on online auction front- and back-end code.
Project Manager/Architect1996 - 1999Eagle Creek Systems
Technologies: OpenGL, C++, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC)
- Created TexCAD, a CAD system used in creating fabrics for the textile industry.
Senior Systems Analyst1994 - 1995Salomon Brothers
Technologies: C++, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), IBM Informix
- Worked on applications to support internal financial planning/budgeting.
Systems Analyst1993 - 1994Merrill Lynch
Technologies: Visual Basic, C++, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC)
- Worked on applications to help brokers with their day-to-day operations.
Programmer Analyst1987 - 1992Gruntal, Inc.
- Created reports for equity clearance services.