Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Architecture Developer
Passionate about technology, Jeremy spent almost 20 years working for top companies acting as an expert during the development and design of large-scale applications in a variety of areas, including travel, eCommerce, airport solutions, and finance. With his extensive experience from the back end to the front end, he can guide you in your technical choices, provide IT architectural designs and eventually design, set up, and implement complex applications covering the full stack.
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is the Inverno Framework, a complete Java application framework for the development of modern and efficient cloud-native applications.
- Created the Inverno Framework, a fully reactive Java application framework for developing modern applications specifically optimized for the cloud.
- Used cutting-edge technologies such as Java module system, compile-time boot, reactive threading model, non-blocking IO, and reactive programming to create simple, fast, and efficient applications that fully use available resources.
- Provided exhaustive documentation consisting of more than 500 pages.
- Submitted my work to TechEmpower, which ranked Inverno among the most performant Java Web Frameworks: www.techempower.com/benchmarks.
- Developed the Inverno Reactive Template engine, one of the fastest on the market.
- Deployed the Talatium company website as an Inverno application running on AWS.
Chief Software Architect
- Set up a professional full-stack environment to develop and run the applications used to run the company's operations, including front office, middle office, risk, and research.
- Defined, implemented, and launched a market data API that exposes market data like daily bars, intraday bars, and settlement prices used in all business applications.
- Set up a Python environment for research and risk teams who require an accessible data science environment to perform market data analysis and calculate risk measures.
- Studied and analyzed the communication middleware infrastructure at the heart of the Amadeus system to propose a development strategy with regards to the DevOps transformation and cloud migration.
- Advocated the switch to OAuth2 and OpenID connect to simplify application to application communication while guaranteeing proper security.
- Followed CDN implementations for Amadeus applications with Akamai teams as the main Akamai point of contact.
Chief Sofware Architect
- Designed and implemented the software platform of the new airport IT division onto which Amadeus Airport Management Solutions are built. This platform is used by 100+ developers spread across multiple countries.
- Provided professional support and training on the above platform covering Java, Spring, in-house frameworks, and overall software architecture to the various teams involved.
- Provided support to sales teams to respond to requests for proposals and participated in workshops with customers.
Software Project Lead | Sales and eCommerce Platform
- Led the development of a web-based command page integrated with Amadeus Selling Platform Connect to access the Amadeus GDS with cryptic commands.
- Served as a scrum master managing backlog and overseeing spring planning, review, and retrospective.
- Managed a team of developers working on the back-end and front-end parts of the application.
It has been built around four main lines:
• Modularity allows to properly separate the various parts of an application into isolated modules.
• Performance has become an essential concern following the cloud transformation.
• Simplicity is what makes an application stable and maintainable.
• Configurability enables applications to adapt to any particular context.
An Inverno application starts fast and can absorb very high throughput by making efficient use of resources, which directly impacts the operational costs of an application running in the cloud.
Microservice Architecture for Airport IT Solutionshttps://amadeus.com/en/portfolio.airports.airport-management-solutions
Designed a Java application framework based on Spring that enforces best practices and integrates with DevOps workflows and monitoring tools.
Provided support and training for the teams to work efficiently with Java, build tools and frameworks.
Web Command Page for an Online Booking and Fulfilment Platformhttps://amadeus.com/en/portfolio/retail-travel-agencies/selling-platform-connect
The module was highly extensible and allowed us to define custom user-defined commands to enrich the command page experience with widgets.
It received an internal quality award, leading to an innovation contest with more than 50 participants to propose innovative widgets to be integrated into the product.
Spring Boot, Spring 4, Spring Security, Spring, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Netty, OAuth 2, Angular, Bootstrap, Apache Camel, Hibernate, AngularJS
REST APIs, Vue
Apache Maven, Atlassian Suite, Git, Bitbucket, Jira, ActiveMQ, Jenkins, WildFly
Reactive Programming, REST, Microservices, DevOps, Scrum
JBoss EAP, JBoss, Java EE, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle, Linux, Apache2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka
Information Technology, Programming, HTTP, HTTP 2, Middleware, Software Architecture, Java Modularity, API Design, Framework Design, Architecture, Multithreading, Scrum Master, Back-end, APIs, Full-stack, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Cloud Computing, Networking, Algorithms, Low Latency, Performance, Akamai, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Network Programming, Team Leadership, Applied Mathematics, API Gateways
RDBMS, NoSQL, Redis, Spring Data JPA, IIS SQL Server, Couchbase, MySQL
Master's Degree in Network Architecture and Distributed Computing
Institut Polytechnique de Paris - Paris, France
Certified Scrum Master
Sun Certified Java Programmer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring