Front-end Developer2018 - PRESENTBlockimmo
- Oversaw the blockimmo front-end development including the real-estate platform (decentralized application) and company website.
- Defined and implemented clean, simple user interfaces and experiences and worked closely with graphic designers and creative talent.
- Managed all creatives and creative projects. This included managing designers, photographers, and videographers and ensuring creative projects such as logo design and marketing material were of a high quality and meet company identity.
- Created a new design and development process for the company to build upon. This meant incorporating Sketch and Invision as new tools for the company to use, allowing for a more efficient design pipeline.
- Familiarized myself with blockchain technology (smart contracts, ERC20, etc) so that I could better bridge the tech gap between the users and emerging distributed ledger technology.
Chief of Design2015 - 2018Muzeek
- Designed and implemented a new single page confirmation process that allows users to update booking information and contracts between two parties in real time by utilizing AJAX.
- Created and built a marketing page animation from scratch (without utilizing an animation framework) that showcases to potential customers how the app works.
- Conceptually redesigned and subsequently built out (concept all the way through to code) the foundation of the yet to be launched version 2 app that utilizes a modern stack (Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS, etc).
- Regularly took part in brainstorming sessions and coordinated with the rest of the team in regards to maintaining best practices in design and user experience.
WordPress Theme Developer2012 - 2017Themeforest.net (Self Employed)
- Developed and maintained my own theme framework that allowed for the rapid creation of WordPress themes and overhauled the somewhat limited feature set and scope of the core WordPress customizer experience.
- Reached a quarter of a million dollars in sales while maintaining a customer rating of 4.5 stars and up.
- Successfully designed, built, and handled customer support (concept to finished product) for a number of WordPress themes and premium plugins that over-delivered on customer satisfaction in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Constantly streamlined my development process by implementing task runners/code compilers that allowed for full live site deployment, documentation updates and zip file creation with a single command from the terminal.
- Although I worked solo, I always made a point of using best practices in regards to version control on GitHub with all commits and code commented appropriately. I also implemented appropriate PHP hooks in my themes so customers could implement 3rd party customizations without hassle.