- Master InstructorThe Iron Yard2014 - 2017
- Crafted the curriculum and best practices for React/Redux, Node (Express), and Ruby on Rails.
- Was recognized as the most qualified and highly competent instructor across all Iron Yard instructors.
- Developed and implemented best practices for software development.
- Interviewed most of the instructor candidates (technical-wise).
- Worked as a classroom lecturer—performing live coding and mentoring 100+ students in an immersive environment.
- Owner | PrincipleComal Productions, Inc.2009 - 2014
- Worked as a principle consultant and salesperson responsible for $20,000 in projects.
- Was recognized as an expert in both Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Educated and spoke in public.
- Created RubyoffRails.com, RailsUpgradeChecklist.com, and RubyFiddle.com.
- US Lead DeveloperChaiOne2010 - 2011
- Acted as a Ruby on Rails consultant.
- Created a mobile platform with the ability to function as a CMS for multiple iPhone and Android applications.
- Wrote an iPhone analytics library capable of tracking location and usage of iPhone applications.
- Software Developer, Executive ManagementTravis Software Corporation2002 - 2009
- Developed a custom MVC framework in C#.
- Implemented distributed and fault-tolerant data-centers.
- Implemented agile software development practices (scrum).
- Maintained 99.9%+ uptime of a SaaS product.
- Software Developer | User Interface EngineerPromoOrder.com2000 - 2002
Technologies: ASP, SQL
- Adapted the small-load legacy system to meet high-growth needs with minimal resources (worked as the first internal developer).
- Designed customizable website skins to integrate client website with back-end technology.