Verified Expert in Engineering
Jin is a highly experienced and creative full-stack web developer with more than a decade of experience in web development. He has extensive knowledge of commercial and open source software/database engineering tools, design techniques, and security standards. Jin is a problem solver and he's proficient in troubleshooting any challenges he comes across.
Subversion (SVN), Git, Sublime Text, Ubuntu, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've made is a mortgage website that put the capital markets function in the hands of customers—allowing them to build their capital markets.
Winemaker World SA (via Toptal)
- Completed the front-end development of Winemaker, a web platform that allows winemakers and buyers to easily sell and buy products.
- Added more Vue.js components for the website to append and upgrade features.
- Used Vue Lazy Hydration to improve estimated input latency and time to interact.
- Created several custom transactional email templates.
- Implemented GDPR and provided a way to manage cookies.
- Integrated Sanity CMS to provide structured block content.
Ruby on Rails Full-stack Developer
The Enginuity Group Corp (via Toptal)
- Built new features for hoodq.com, an online service that allows real estate agents to create address-specific reports simply by typing in an address, so you can impress more clients, get more listings, and gain more referrals.
- Updated the SDK library used by real estate agents using React and TypeScript.
- Upgraded the main web platform to provide neighborhood insights in Canada.
- Implemented a dedicated dashboard for real estate experts.
- Improved the map view to show all schools and homes in the neighborhoods.
- Added automated tasks to ensure data integrity and added more RESTful API endpoints to the platform.
CSS and Vue Developer
Thinkful, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Renovated Thinkful's website using HTML5, CSS3, Vue 2, Vuex, and Nuxt.js.
- Used the Nuxt.js framework for solid and reliable Vue development.
- Implemented a pixel-perfect and fully responsive design using HTML5 and LESS.
- Developed a custom grid system to support multiple devices.
Addroid (via Toptal)
- Developed a reusable and customizable ticket widget and integrated it into expanded and regular Google Ads.
- Implemented the CSS3 animation for ad objects on the website.
- Incorporated the Fandango API for movie ticket showtimes.
- Integrated a local IP to location services and used Digital Studio APIs.
Part-time Front-end Developer
Star Web Management
- Built SPAs for simple company introduction websites.
- Developed a responsive training session management feature for HAPT, which dramatically increases customer scheduling convenience.
- Implemented various reports (business, client results), attendance, notifications, and trainer scheduling features using Highcharts, jQWidgets, and jQuery DataTable.
Black Duck Software
- Designed and built effective, attractive, and responsive user interfaces for various platforms using Bootstrap, Foundation, and Semantic UI.
- Contributed to user requirements meetings with the project manager to transform non-technical client needs into proposed application designs.
- Created test suites to assess product functionality and performance using PHPUnit, RSpec, and Jasmine.
- Constructed the REST APIs for mobile apps using PHP, Django REST Framework, and Node.js.
Hello Group Software
- Built and maintained business websites and CRM solutions using PHP frameworks such as Yii, Symfony, and Laravel.
- Worked with a team of IT professionals to develop a proprietary, secure, and web-accessible database.
- Developed single-page applications (SPAs) for small startup companies using Angular and Bootstrap.
High Altitude Personal Training Websitehttps://www.haptonline.com/
This project required that I develop a web application to manage the scheduling for a group of health clubs.
The user portal automatically makes an appointment with trainers and customers can rate their experiences with trainers. For the admin portal, it has all the functionalities to run the health club easily.
In this project, I mainly worked on the front-end parts, but I also worked on the back-end part of the user and admin portal to fix the API issues.
When I took over the project, the back-end was almost finished and the front-end was in bad shape. The back-end was clean, but the front-end was really a mess. I refactored the existing front-end codebase and rebuilt it to so that it was well-structured and clean. The clients were very satisfied with the result and project ended successfully.
Eden Revolution | Yii-based eCommerce Website
In this project, I worked as a full-stack developer and single-handedly built the well-structured back-end and front-end of the website.
The proudest moment of this project was when I built the back-end and front-end from the scratch as well as working as a DevOps engineer.
I applied all the software engineering skills to run this project successfully. During this project, I consolidated my software engineering skills.
Online PDF Editor
There are various online PDF editors in the market, but this one was unique. This system had all the functionalities needed for you to easily edit a PDF on an online editor.
• Import the existing PDF documents
• Insert bookmarks on pages
• Insert links on pages
• Rotate the pages
• Page reordering
• Crop the existing pages
• Add metadata to documents
• Export edited documents to a PDF format
To implement this functionality, I used Node.js/Express.js to build the back-end and AngularJS for the front-end.
As you can see, this project is a big one, so the most critical part of this project was to determine the appropriate technologies and control the source code which I managed successfully.
MCT Live for MCT Trading Companyhttps://www.mctlive.com
The platform was engineered to put the capital markets function we provide in the hands of our customers, allowing them to build their capital markets competency inside their own shop.
Many of the complex yet repetitive tasks required that the secondary marketing was automated within MCTlive!, freeing your time and resources for other high-value functions.
I also worked with Phil Rasori, COO of MCT Trading to develop this website.
Technology Stack: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Highcharts, Angular, Bootstrap, PHPExcel, PHP Exchange Web Services, PHPMailer, HTML2PDF
Bootstrap, Django, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Angular, Lumen, Redux, Laravel, Next.js, Express.js, CodeIgniter, Yii, Symfony, jQWidgets, Nuxt.js
Php-ews, PHPExcel, PHPMailer, Vue, jQuery, React, REST APIs, Node.js, Highcharts, Vue 2, Vuex
Webpack, Redux Thunk, Jira, Sublime Text, Git, Subversion (SVN), TweenLite, Html2canvas
Agile, Scrum, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Class-based OOP, Functional Programming, Prototype-based OOP, Agile Software Development, Sanity Testing
Amazon EC2, MacOS, Ubuntu, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Blockchain, Docker
Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB
Freelancing, Ajax, Single-page Applications (SPA), Digital, Google Ads, Vue-router, Email Delivery
Bachelor of Computer Science Degree in Software Engineering
The University of Hong Kong - Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong