Senior Software Developer and Technical Team Lead2013 - 2015MiX Telematics
- Rebuilt most of the company's existing customer-facing software as part of a team of top developers.
- Rebuilt the back-end for a fleet management solution tracking half a million vehicles. Features include live tracking, historical tracking and timelines, fleet administration, firmware uploads, reporting, and notifications.
- Technical lead for a team building a driver-focused application (web and mobile) to gamify safety and efficiency behavior in large fleets of vehicles.
- Worked closely with product management to define and refine requirements for future software releases.
- Developed a hypermedia-based REST API framework.
- Worked closely with the operations team to ensure smooth, rapid, and regular deployment of new features to eight data centers around the world.
- Migration of back-end services to a SOA-based architecture to cater for massive recent and anticipated future growth.
Software Developer2011 - 2013New Media Labs
- Converted the common code from several bespoke CMS solutions into a generic, reusable enterprise CMS framework based on ASP.NET MVC which can be easily customized and deployed for new clients. This framework is still one of the company's flagship products.
- Developed a web application for the customers and brokers of a major investment house to manage and report on investments and share portfolios.
- Created a digital asset management and private social network framework, marketed as a white label product.
In-house Web Developer2008 - 2010New Horizons Cape Town
- Built a custom CRM system to support the sales team, interacting with all sales channels, especially our web sites, tracking customers from their first Google search, through the sales process, to post-sales support. The system also produced automated reports using SQL server reporting services to optimize the marketing and sales processes.
- Maintained and supported several existing in-house applications handling finance, class schedules, student enrollment, and more.
- Presented classes to students (private and corporate), teaching ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, and PHP/MySQL.
- Developed and maintained the company's WordPress websites and handled the company's social media channels.
- Wrote software to analyze and optimize Google AdWords performance.