Lead Front-End Engineer2012 - PRESENTEvernote
- Led the development of a unified rich text editor that runs on mobile, desktop, and web for 200+ million users.
- Created a feature to present HTML-based pages in a full-screen auto-generated presentation with advanced user controls and layout options.
- Integrated a build pipelines of 5+ complex applications to reliably use common rich-text editing component.
- Developed a custom vector graphics library for use in annotating both bitmaps and PDFs.
Front-End and Visualization Developer2017 - 2017MOKA
- Created several React components with D3 charts that support interactive visualizations of market data projections and analysis.
- Developed unit tests and component snapshot tests using Jest and Enzyme.
- Implemented client-side data transformations to map, filter, reduce, etc. large datasets for display in interactive SVG charts.
- Supported dynamic forms for providing market data analysis for food and beverage companies making projections about product/factory capacity, cost, and several other factors.
- Created dynamically populated data filters as dropdowns, checkbox groups, input fields, sliders, etc. in order to evaluate and pivot market data analysis charts.
- Used Chrome DevTools to investigate and fix front-end rendering performance issues and computationally intensive bottlenecks.
Senior Front-End Engineer2015 - 2015MediSpend
- Added a Backbone router and state management for complex query navigation pages.
- Refactored very large front-end application code to make it more modular and reusable.
- Wrote advanced jQuery DataTables plugins and UX handling.
- Wrote form-based pages to dynamically change as data was entered and REST API was queried.
- Developed several filtering UX controls to allow users to quickly enter and review medical spending information.
Senior Front-End Engineer2014 - 2014Myxer
- Developed a streaming music service front-end that allows users to create custom radio stations.
- Created and optimized AngularJS services, directives, bindings, and event handlers used for radio station user UX.
- Fixed several bugs and reworked the UI/UX to provide smoother interactions with a web app while music was streaming.
Senior Front-End Engineer2013 - 2014Q1Media
- Worked with nested iframes, asynchronous loading of ads, and sizing/scaling issues for mobile, and error-handling.
- Created robust ads that reliably loaded, retired, and were gracefully handled in multiple browsers and platforms.
Senior Front-End Engineer2011 - 2012Sogeti (Dell.com)
- Developed new Dell.com shopping and browse application pages where all main shopping traffic visits dell.com.
- Implemented a new browse filtering UX for narrowing search results and adding items to cart.
- Wrote a performance monitoring library to use performance counters for measuring front-end delivery and back-end service responses.
Senior Front-End Engineer2010 - 2011Merrill Lynch Commodities
- Built a desktop-like browser application for real-time analysis of risk and commodity index valuations.
- Developed dynamic and interactive charting of commodity index data with jQuery and Highcharts.
- Designed, developed, tested, and released a commodity index market tool used in the valuation and hedge analysis of large commodity index swap, options, futures, and structured note transactions.
- Created several web services using ASP.NET MVC (C#) and WCF to enable communications with other trading desk applications via REST, SOAP, JSON, and custom XML messages.
Senior Software Engineer2005 - 2010INTECSEA Engineering
- Acted as a software architect and lead developer of an Ext.js browser application—an interface/risk tool for $10 billion Chevron LNG project.
- Developed a PHP/MySQL framework to build-out custom on-premise deployments of an interface management web application.
- Led the design, development, and implementation of in-house business management systems using C# and ASP.NET to provide a unified intranet for employees to access the full range of enterprise information.
Lead Software Engineer2002 - 2005JDCommerce
- Wrote a framework to generate new custom websites with custom database back-end for improved roll out and prototyping.
- Evernote Rich Text Editor (Development)
At its core, it is listening for every keystroke and user event coming into the editor and reconciling them into a rendered rich text document that reliably displays the users intent. It does an impressive job of overcoming many browser bugs and limitations that surface when accepting arbitrary HTML input from a variety of sources on a variety of platforms.
- Skitch | Evernote (Development)
- Bank of America Commodity Index Online Application (Development)
An application available to Bank of America institutions and high-net worth individuals that allows them to price and research commodity indices. The application has an advanced charting and reporting interface on the web that breaks commodity indices down to their constituent parts and shows how the index price is computed. In addition to the front-end display, the back-end is tied into the Bank of America ongoing risk calculation and index positions with investors. It calculates prices in near real-time and streams them to the front-end built in Ext.js.
FrameworksRedux, Express.js, Ext JS
Libraries/APIsReact, React Redux, React Router, Async, Node.js
ToolsSublime Text 3, Mongoose
OtherBrowsers, Front-end, HTTP, Ajax
- Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering2002 - 2005Texas A&M University - College Station, TX, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering1996 - 2000University of Notre Dame - South Bend, IN, USA