Software Developer2017 - 2019Spatial
Technologies: Bash Script, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Networking, Unix, C, C++
- Developed some of the basic technology required by the platform which creates deeply immersive audio environments.
- Created a cloud-based server to support the locally deployed set of nodes.
- Performed measurements and researched on possible future algorithms.
- Wrote bash scripts to bootstrap server processes on new computers and restart those processes upon reboot. The script monitored and restarted stopped processes as well as reported the failures. Scripts also uploaded log files to S3.
Software Developer2010 - 2015Nest
Technologies: Bash Script, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, EMR, AWS, C, C++
- Researched, designed, and implemented several of the algorithms for the Nest Learning Thermostat including the time to temperature and heat pump control.
- Loaded data into the cloud and used tools such as map reduce to research possible future algorithms for the Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect.
- Designed and implemented several of the extremely energy-efficient algorithms required to allow the Nest Protect to run for years on battery power.
- Wrote bash scripts to run and monitor jobs in Amazon EMR as well as upload and download research data from S3.
Software Developer2008 - 2010OnLive
Technologies: Bluetooth, Networking, Unix, C, C++
- Created a firewall and gateway for delivering packets into and out of the OnLive network, designed to support very low-latency streaming sufficient for OnLive's cloud gaming service.
- Added embedded Bluetooth support to the micro-console for audio gaming headsets.
- Developed an in-network server to support audio communication between players in multi-user games.
Software Developer2000 - 2008Tellme Networks, Inc. | Microsoft Corporation
Technologies: Bash Script, Windows Mobile, Oracle SQL, Mod_perl, Perl, VXML, C, C++
- Created an internal tool for managing millions of audio assets from scripting, through recording and editing to deployment onto the telephony platform.
- Wrote user applications on the interactive voice portal such as "Wake up Calls" and "Fandango."
- Developed a prototype for voice-enabled smartphone apps on the Windows Mobile platform.
- Acted as the customer technical liaison to help with integration into our telephony platform.
Software Developer1995 - 2000Netscape Communications Corporation | America Online
Technologies: Networking, Unix, C, C++
- Developed the Macintosh version of Netscape Navigator 3.0 Gold which included a WYSIWYG HTML editor. I continued to work on the HTML editor component of the Macintosh Netscape Communicator 4.0.
- Created a network server API for temporarily reserving IDs during user signup on Netscape's website, Netcenter.
- Worked on the team which created Netscape Custom Netcenter, an web portal which could be both cobranded and personalized.
Software Developer1994 - 1995Apple Computer, Inc.
Technologies: MacOS, C
- Developed a novel way for the Apple Macintosh OS to display user interface elements (menus, windows, and controls) as part of the Appearance Manager using data rather than a new type of code for each different theme (Patent US6909437B2).
- Implemented a prototypical image-search application based on wavelet decomposition research from the University of Washington.
- Served as the technical lead for the Apple Appearance Manager team.