Software Developer2017 - 2019Spatial Labs
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Networking, Unix, C, C++
- Developed some of the basic technology required by the platform which creates deeply immersive audio environments.
- Created a cloud-based server to support the locally deployed set of nodes.
- Performed measurements and researched on possible future algorithms.
Software Developer2010 - 2015Nest Labs | Google
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, EMR, AWS, C, C++
- Researched, designed, and implemented several of the algorithms for the Nest Learning Thermostat including the time to temperature and heat pump control.
- Loaded data into the cloud and used tools such as map reduce to research possible future algorithms for the Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect.
- Designed and implemented several of the extremely energy-efficient algorithms required to allow the Nest Protect to run for years on battery power.
Software Developer2008 - 2010OnLive
Technologies: Bluetooth, Networking, Unix, C, C++
- Created a firewall and gateway for delivering packets into and out of the OnLive network, designed to support very low-latency streaming sufficient for OnLive's cloud gaming service.
- Added embedded Bluetooth support to the micro-console for audio gaming headsets.
- Developed an in-network server to support audio communication between players in multi-user games.
Software Developer2000 - 2008Tellme Networks, Inc. | Microsoft Corporation
Technologies: Windows Mobile, Oracle SQL, Mod_perl, Perl, VXML, C, C++
- Created an internal tool for managing millions of audio assets from scripting, through recording and editing to deployment onto the telephony platform.
- Wrote user applications on the interactive voice portal such as "Wake up Calls" and "Fandango."
- Developed a prototype for voice-enabled smartphone apps on the Windows Mobile platform.
- Acted as the customer technical liaison to help with integration into our telephony platform.
Software Developer1995 - 2000Netscape Communications Corporation | America Online
Technologies: Networking, Unix, C, C++
- Developed the Macintosh version of Netscape Navigator 3.0 Gold which included a WYSIWYG HTML editor. I continued to work on the HTML editor component of the Macintosh Netscape Communicator 4.0.
- Created a network server API for temporarily reserving IDs during user signup on Netscape's website, Netcenter.
- Worked on the team which created Netscape Custom Netcenter, an web portal which could be both cobranded and personalized.
Software Developer1994 - 1995Apple Computer, Inc.
Technologies: MacOS, C
- Developed a novel way for the Apple Macintosh OS to display user interface elements (menus, windows, and controls) as part of the Appearance Manager using data rather than a new type of code for each different theme (Patent US6909437B2).
- Implemented a prototypical image-search application based on wavelet decomposition research from the University of Washington.
- Served as the technical lead for the Apple Appearance Manager team.