Verified Expert in Engineering
Josiah is a dynamic and passionate engineer and communicator, and he thrives on creation and innovation. He has grown companies by more than 25% year over year and earned respect from customers and coworkers for my combined engineering knowledge and excellent communication skills. Josiah works equally well with CEOs, VPs, and senior/junior engineers because he can grasp problems quickly, is a self-starter, and is passionate about his work and problems that he can solve.
The most amazing...
...game that I've created was "Sleepy Cat Game." It was published for Android and iOS, where you play a cat that sleeps and shoots lasers to blow up levels.
Senior Engineering Consultant
- Developed an MVP for the TSA by developing features on the front end of the pre-enrollment web app.
- Created new UI elements using React and TypeScript in a team environment.
- Used GitHub, Cypress, Node.js, and Jest to implement and enhance CI/CD pipelines.
R&D Team Leader
- Created Node.js-based next-generation embedded control systems for our flagship Brain products using ES6 standards and containerized in Docker containers.
- Wrote the Zoom Rooms control module in React and integrated into existing projects by coding custom integrations in Angular, Objective C, Java, and C++.
- Oversaw multiple product releases, resulting in successful updates to over 10,000 users worldwide and improving market share and customer perception due to increased reliability and new features.
- Managed an R&D engineering team of developers and QC engineers, assigned tasks, and managed priorities.
- Developed many new features for the embedded IoT devices that improved reliability and increased market share by 15%.
- Managed the successful knowledge-transfer and relocation of the engineering team from Detroit to Israel.
- Created an Ember.js-based app to broadcast real-time scores from school sporting events and allow the general public to watch and receive score updates.
- Designed a Sequelize-based back end using Feathers and Node.js to serve real-time updates over WebSocket hosted on scalable DigitialOcean droplets.
- Oversaw the launch and upgrade process of the new Cordova-based app (containing the Ember.js UI), resulting in a 30% DAU increase.
Founder/Senior Software Engineer
Nutralysis Wellness, Inc.
- Developed the app from its first line of code to a fully integrated office management and EMR app that allowed practitioners to manage inventory, predict sales, manage patient records, and predict necessary supplements based on presenting symptoms.
- Managed customer service and pre-sales training and grew the subscription base by 20% year over year.
- Managed multiple contractors and engineers for both software development and customer service with daily calls and bug tracking management.
- Created multiple Node.js-based back-end microservices to manage chat, SMS, and other internal services.
Senior Software Engineer
- Created custom POS and eCommerce solution for on-campus sales and student purchases and integrated with internal databases. This streamlined operations for the stores on campus and generated increased revenue.
- Created an integrated application portal for potential students to apply for admittance to the university, and successfully released the application portal as a dedicated product for other universities to use across the country.
- Engineered and designed a custom attendance management system based on magstripe cards and custom telnet terminal combined with small form-factor LCD terminals at classroom doors to quickly monitor attendance and streamline record tracking.
- Developed an internal lead management app that served as the primary CRM for potential students which streamlined the recruitment process and grew enrolment by over 30% due to decreased time-to-contact and increased data collation.
Productive Concepts, Inc.
- Created a custom enterprise resource management system that managed every aspect of the production floor, from inventory management to product releases.
- Engineered a custom time clock system based on Asterisk to allow more than 500 employees across three shifts to easily track their time, and when paired with the bespoke web interface, decreased managers time investment to less than 10 minutes/week.
- Participated in management meetings and customer project releases on a regular basis to gather requirements and design work plans to meet requirements.
Zoom Rooms Control UI
Watchdog for IoT Device
Coffee Shop Online Ordering via Table QR Codes
Israeli NGO Online Shopping Experience
WalkSafe - Personal Safetyhttps://walksafe.app
Sleepy Cat Gamehttps://sleepycatgame.com
CoTime - Time Management
MUI (Material UI), PixiJS, Ember.js, Electron, FeathersJS
Node.js, React, Google Geocoding API, Stripe, Twilio API, Facebook API, Ember Data, Reactstrap, Google Maps, Google Maps API, AMQP, DigitalOcean API, Google API, Slack API, REST APIs, Three.js
RESTful Development, Web Architecture, Back-end Architecture, Mobile Web Design, REST, Database Design, UI Design, UI Design Standards & Best Practices, Mobile UI Design, Web UI Design, eCommerce Web Design, Microservices Architecture, Spatial Databases
MySQL, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Auto-scaling Cloud Infrastructure, JSON
Code Architecture, APIs, Multithreading, RESTful Microservices, Front-end, Front-end Design, Front-end Development, Back-end, Back-end Development, Web Development, Mobile Back-end, Material Design, Google Material Design, Mobile Apps, Mobile Web, Web & Mobile Applications, REST API Clients, Voice UI Design, Architecture, Responsive Web Apps, Data, eCommerce APIs, eCommerce UI, eCommerce, Machine Learning, Machine Vision, Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), Predictive Analytics, Stripe Payments, Bots, Scaling, Game Back-end, Pattern Matching, Pattern Analysis, GPS, Mobile GPS, Mobile Ads, CSS3 Animation, Hacking, Hackathons, JDE, ESLint, Okta, Cordova, SMS, WebSockets, Teams, Leadership, Asterisk Gateway Interface (AGI), CGI, Optimization, Business Management
Netlify, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Linux, Windows Server, DigitalOcean, Twilio, Mailgun
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management
Indiana Wesleyan University - Marion, IN, United States