Senior Engineering Consultant2021 - PRESENTCLEAR
Technologies: TypeScript, React, Electron, Node.js, ESLint, GitHub, AWS CodeCommit, Okta
- Developed an MVP for the TSA by developing features on the front end of the pre-enrollment web app.
- Created new UI elements using React and TypeScript in a team environment.
- Used GitHub, Cypress, Node.js, and Jest to implement and enhance CI/CD pipelines.
R&D Team Leader2019 - PRESENTKramer Electronics, Ltd.
- Created Node.js-based next-generation embedded control systems for our flagship Brain products using ES6 standards and containerized in Docker containers.
- Wrote the Zoom Rooms control module in React and integrated into existing projects by coding custom integrations in Angular, Objective C, Java, and C++.
- Oversaw multiple product releases, resulting in successful updates to over 10,000 users worldwide and improving market share and customer perception due to increased reliability and new features.
- Managed an R&D engineering team of developers and QC engineers, assigned tasks, and managed priorities.
- Developed many new features for the embedded IoT devices that improved reliability and increased market share by 15%.
- Managed the successful knowledge-transfer and relocation of the engineering team from Detroit to Israel.
Technical Lead2017 - PRESENTOur Red Zone, LLC
- Created an Ember.js-based app to broadcast real-time scores from school sporting events and allow the general public to watch and receive score updates.
- Designed a Sequelize-based back end using Feathers and Node.js to serve real-time updates over WebSocket hosted on scalable DigitialOcean droplets.
- Oversaw the launch and upgrade process of the new Cordova-based app (containing the Ember.js UI), resulting in a 30% DAU increase.
Founder/Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2019Nutralysis Wellness, Inc.
- Developed the app from its first line of code to a fully integrated office management and EMR app that allowed practitioners to manage inventory, predict sales, manage patient records, and predict necessary supplements based on presenting symptoms.
- Managed customer service and pre-sales training and grew the subscription base by 20% year over year.
- Managed multiple contractors and engineers for both software development and customer service with daily calls and bug tracking management.
- Created multiple Node.js-based back-end microservices to manage chat, SMS, and other internal services.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2016Rochester University
- Created custom POS and eCommerce solution for on-campus sales and student purchases and integrated with internal databases. This streamlined operations for the stores on campus and generated increased revenue.
- Created an integrated application portal for potential students to apply for admittance to the university, and successfully released the application portal as a dedicated product for other universities to use across the country.
- Engineered and designed a custom attendance management system based on magstripe cards and custom telnet terminal combined with small form-factor LCD terminals at classroom doors to quickly monitor attendance and streamline record tracking.
- Developed an internal lead management app that served as the primary CRM for potential students which streamlined the recruitment process and grew enrolment by over 30% due to decreased time-to-contact and increased data collation.
IT Manager2004 - 2013Productive Concepts, Inc.
- Created a custom enterprise resource management system that managed every aspect of the production floor, from inventory management to product releases.
- Engineered a custom time clock system based on Asterisk to allow more than 500 employees across three shifts to easily track their time, and when paired with the bespoke web interface, decreased managers time investment to less than 10 minutes/week.
- Participated in management meetings and customer project releases on a regular basis to gather requirements and design work plans to meet requirements.