Technical Director and Software Engineer
2004 - PRESENT
- Led the development department.
- Designed and implemented a PKI smart card system with complex program layers and developed software for personalization systems.
- Interacted with open source projects used within the company.
- Maintained and implemented a development system used by an external client for their twenty-plus person in-house application development team, including n-tier server architecture and load-balancing connections.
- Facilitated the setup, development, and tracking of a SOAP web service server implementation connected to a proprietary back-end system that allows it to interact with external software.
- Coordinated with over twenty external software development companies in the creation of the web service, with the complete project going live in under two months and running continuously and successfully for over two years with over 600k queries and 9k users daily.
- Helped develop an internal in-house build system, supporting distributed builds using the Microsoft C++ compiler.
- Administrated internal department infrastructure and automated development tasks such as backup, build, and testing.
- Tracked developer education and progress.
- Conducted customer support, education, and consultation.
- Helped develop an Android PKI application together with related middleware required to make Windows machines use the smartphone as a cryptography source.
Zagreb Stock Exchange
2003 - 2004
- Developed and maintained the in-house trading system implemented in Smalltalk, providing both a real-time connection to brokers trading on the system and a live feed of all the trading system activities on the Internet.
- Developed trading system modules presenting current trading information on different external display hardware used at different conferences and presentations.
- Upgraded the stock exchange's post trading day data analysis and reporting system, implemented mostly using Excel/VBA automation and different COM interfaces for distributing the different trade data in different formats to different interested parties.
- Provided customer support for all brokers trading on the Zagreb Stock Exchange.
- Conducted system administration, both in-house and at different conferences organized by the company.
2000 - 2003
- Maintained an existing ERP system that the company did not have the source for and which thus required a lot hacking to find out what makes it tick and manipulate it into working the way we wanted it to.
- Developed a replacement ERP using Borland C++ Builder.
- Wrote automated Excel documents for different sales tracking and reporting.
- Built COM and Borland VCL library components.
- Maintained a website running on IIS and implemented it using ASP.
- Implemented an auction system for the company website.
- Actualized small in-house applications like the company's cash-register application or an application used to collect customer feedback.
Technologies: Borland Delphi, Borland C++ Builder, Excel/VBA, MS SQL Server, ASP on IIS, HTML