Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Reporting Developer
Kiran is an IT professional with over a decade of experience working on a wide range of projects. His expertise is in database design and administration with Microsoft SQL Server, and web and application development with C#.NET. Where Kiran shines is in the design and implementation of projects of all scales and sizes and has a particular passion for ETL projects involving large amounts of varying data.
Database Design, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, C#, Visual Studio, IIS, Windows
The most amazing...
...goal I've achieved on is starting up my own corporation and building its product portfolio and client base from scratch.
CEO | Director of Development
- Launched a small-business startup with the goal of bringing a new web-based management platform to market, with elements drawn from the product created with Nuonn.
- Implemented several small-to-mid scale enterprise products, including some custom .NET and SQL Server solutions, for clients in various industries.
- Worked with clients to integrate third-party products into their workflows as well as optimizing workflows to improve processing times of various tasks.
- Managed the finances of a small-business startup, including collecting and documenting invoices and receipts and filing sales and income taxes with the aid of an accountant.
Applications and Database Developer
- Worked as part of the development team on the development of a new C# Blazor .NET Core web app using MongoDB.
- Managed legacy Angular 1 and Angular 2 projects, implemented using MySQL, SQL Server, and MongoDB.
- Developed an integration tool connecting a DB2 database with Shopify, used to manage pricing rules in Shopify for customers.
Webmaster | Database Administrator
- Led the web development and database administration of a small-business startup.
- Created a web-based management platform for handling typical company affairs, including but not limited to project management, timesheets, and payroll.
Applications and Database Developer
Laurentian Bank of Canada
- Led the .NET development as part of the applications development team for the call center.
- Developed and migrated applications from MS Access to VB.NET and C#.NET.
- Administered several Microsoft SQL Server 2005 databases.
- Migrated a principal system used by the call center from Microsoft Access to ASP.NET.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to pipeline information from various credit reporting agencies into tables accessible by the fraud department and call centers.
- Led the development to migrate a Microsoft Access app used across Canada to a VB.NET app.
- Liaised between management and developers to ensure the proper implementation of requirements.
Technology Evaluation Centers
- Supervised a web development team consisting of three other employees.
- Led the development of a project to overhaul the company website, which involved transitioning from the classic ASP to ASP.NET.
- Created and automated the production of reports using SQL Server reporting services, resulting in over 30,000$ per year in monetary savings for the company.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to handle ETL processes, including efficiently importing tens of millions of flat-file records into various tables.
- Worked with the marketing team to accurately target email campaigns towards ideal clients based on client interactions with company websites and products.
Conversion of a Website from ASP Classic to ASP.NET
I was put in charge of the project and led a team of three others (a graphic designer, another developer, and QA). My responsibilities included working with all of the other people in the company to make sure their feature requests were adequately implemented.
We successfully launched the new site after about a year of development. After the site launched, I was responsible for maintaining it and communicating new feature requests with our team.
Conversion of an Application from MS Access to ASP.NET
In the past, they had attempted to redo the app in ASP.NET; it failed due to massive scope creep. Our team was brought in to revive the project and try again.
We successfully migrated several vital parts of the application to a new ASP.NET solution and positioned our product to be able to handle more migrations if necessary.
Development of a Management Portal for Student Unions
We developed a .NET portal which was implemented using an Azure SQL Server Database and an Azure-hosted website. Later, we revisited the project with other clients and adapted it to fit their specific needs.
After several years of being used, we decided to launch a new version, reworked from the ground up with all of the lessons we learned from the previous version.
Development of an ETL Process Using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
We were tasked with developing a new method to import the data, along with the added requirement of also capturing any failed imports to diagnose, ideally without interrupting the primary import process.
We solved this problem by using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). We developed several pipelines to stream the data from the flat files to their destination tables. We were not only able to reduce the overall execution time from days to mere minutes, but also handle import problems by transferring those records to secondary error tables. Depending on the severity of the error, these could optionally have the primary record continue to import, with null or default values as required.
The overall solution was also easily extensible to different types of imports and became the primary method for importing data for the company.
.NET, .NET 4, VB.NET WinForms, ASP, ASP.NET, Blazor, .NET Core, Bootstrap 3, Json.NET
C#.NET WinForms, DataTables, Visual Studio, Angular CLI, Fiddler
HTML DOM, Database Design, ETL, ETL Implementation & Design, OLAP, Requirements Analysis
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server DBA, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2014, IIS SQL Server, Databases, Database Triggers, Database Testing, OLTP, SQL Server 2017, Database Security, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MongoDB, DB2/400, MySQL, Oracle RDBMS, OpenXML, JSON
Reporting, ETL Development, ETL Tools, Data Reporting, IIS, IIS 6, IIS 7, IIS 8, Web Server (IIS), Internet Information Services (IIS), APIs, Requirements & Specifications, Requirements, Business Requirements, Product Requirements Documentation (PRD), FontAwesome, Regular Expressions, Ajax, Single Sign-on (SSO)
jQuery, jQuery UI, jQuery DataTables, jQuery Validation, Shopify API
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Global Business Administration
EDHEC Business School - France
Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Bioresource Engineering
McGill University - Quebec City, Canada
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Engineering
Concordia University - Quebec City, Canada