SQL Developer in Seattle, WA, United States
Member since August 10, 2017
Lenny is a data and analytics consultant with 16 years of experience specializing in SQLServer tools including SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS. He is an expert at SQL query optimization and end-to-end architecture and development of data warehouse projects. Lenny focuses on development with .Net, Python, and Angular.
Data Engineer2017 - 2017Amazon.com
Technologies: SQL Server, Redshift
- Built data warehouse for Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system. Developed reports and SSAS cubes for accessing data quickly.
- For the jam reduction project, I provided mentorship, lead project tasks, and designed technical architecture for integrating sorter logs for Fulfillment Centers across North America.
Business Intelligence Consultant / Sr Manager Level 22014 - 2017Self Employed consultant at AT&T
Technologies: SQL Server, SSIS
- Own all data processes that reporting official Uverse campaign effectiveness: Proactive & Loyalty campaigns, and movers campaigns: direct mail, email, outbound telemarketing.
- Produced the primary source for U-Verse end of contract roll off, U-verse Retention Offer tracking, and data sources for retention cost for call center compensation. Designed data structures, documented logic, QA, and managed deployment.
- End to end architecture and development of campaign management data processes and reporting from several sources to consolidate and correctly measure churn metrics and significance from previously inconsistent data standard.
Sr IT Developer2012 - 2014Home Depot
Technologies: Sql Server
- Oversaw SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS) development enhancements on MyDrill cube for all sales, inventory data, and YOY metrics, at a SKU, store (2,200 stores), and daily level.
- Served as IT Lead for the Sales Analysis project and the SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) SKU attribute project.
- Created a cube for query usage to know how which metrics were being used, and to see report on how MyDrill queries took to render in Excel based on dimensions selected.
- Designed architecture of business intelligence solutions technical specifications and preparation of technical documentation.
Business Intelligence Developer III2011 - 2012Assurant Solutions
Technologies: SQL Server, SSAS
- Developed a dynamic ETL Framework to dramatically reduce development time in importing, staging, error handling, and preparing to Slowly Changing Dimension type 2. The solution is scalable and easily handles nightly imports of 60 million rows. One single SSIS package dynamically handles multiple projects for 3 stages of processing by configuring through database tables, in .NET. The configuration and metadata tables and can be populated automatically with a built-in setup tool.
- Dimensional modeling design of based on requirements. Break down of tasks and time estimates for ETL development, cube development, share point site development, and report development.
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) development on several analysis services databases utilizing features for perspectives, translations (Spanish/Chinese), mdx, calculated measures, role security on dimensional attributes, role playing dimensions, separate process and synchronization servers.
- Support power users for reports at multiple locations and countries to help train them for bridging skills required for them to build self service reports.
Business Intelligence Consultant2010 - 2011Sheridan Healthcare
Technologies: SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, .net, C#
- Designed, built, and integrated the reporting solution within the new browser based revenue cycle management solution, including about 30+ reports.
Consultant2009 - 2010BUPA Latin America
Technologies: SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS
- Saved 2-5 days of work each month by automating accounting processes for reporting formerly identified, documented, and reported details of validations required for improved data quality for a large data migration project.
Information Systems Consultant2008 - 2009MetLife
Technologies: SQL Server, SSIS, vb.net
- Optimized large TSQL process that decreased code by 75% and improved performance from 18 minutes to less than 4 minutes.
- Improved SQL server process, written in more than 100 DTS packages, that processes trades of securities and integrates with the CAMRA securities accounting system.
- Produced in formation for securities, accounts, securities prices, security types, FXRates, brokers, issuers, and Business Syndicated Loans, returning the taxlots and positions to the trading system.
Software Developer2004 - 2008For Eyes Optical
Technologies: SQL Server, vb.net, asp.net, SharePoint, ColdFusion, Perl
- Led the applications development group in building solutions to assist the company in selling retail eye wear for distribution to all of its stores for the 7th largest retail eye wear chain in the United States by revenue with 120 stores.
- Served as IT Lead for purchase and integration of optical POS system. Worked with management teams and SMEs to gather requirements and develop 2000+ question Request for Proposal. Evaluated and scored all RFP submissions for presentation to the company executives.
- Developed SSIS packages in SQL Server 2005 for creation of Operational Data Store (ODS) based on the National Retail Federation’s ARTS data model.
- For hurricane mitigation in FL, implemented two-way transactional replication on SQL Server 2000 to migrate the web server offsite for disaster recovery. Identified database objects that were used by the web site and decoupled from the main database server.
- Improved and optimized stored procedures for the sales commission calculating system, speeding up an 8-hour process to about 16 minutes.
.NET Programmer2002 - 2004ABC Distributing LLC
Technologies: VB.Net, ASP.Net, Crystal Reports, VB6
- Introduced Client / Server team to the .Net framework while still in version 1.0. and converted existing vb6 module libraries to vb.net libraries as well as developing other libraries to be familiarized and utilized by the team.
- Integrated time tracking of projects through the allocation of hours from Niku Time into the Remedy project tracking system.
- End to end data warehouse development (Other amazing things)
I am experienced at data warehouse architecture, development, etl processing, and SSAS cube creation.
- Query performance optimization (Other amazing things)
I have consistently been able to speed up slow queries.
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Redshift, Data Integration, Teradata
OtherData Warehouse Design, Data Architecture, Real Estate, Data Analytics, Health Insurance, Data Analysis, Insurance, Financial Systems, Data Migration, Health IT
- Master's degree in Management of Information Systems2010 - 2011Florida International University - Miami, FL