- Tech Team LeaderEntravision Communications Corporation2005 - PRESENT
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, Amazon Web Services
- Built an auto-scaling platform to host multiple WordPress sites using Amazon Web Services. It uses Amazon RDS for the database engine, Amazon S3/CloudFront for media delivery, ElastiCache for caching, Amazon ELB for load balancing, and Amazon EC2 for instance creation.
- Built WordPress custom themes and plugins compatible with WordPress VIP. These websites are meant to be news websites with an expected high amount of traffic and a very frequent rate of updates. The plugins include a wide variety of functionalities including promotions, events, breaking news, polls, and banners.
- Developed a custom geolocation service in C that acts as a web server, handling requests and responding to which market a visitor belongs to. The goal of this program was to perform better so it was built in a low-level language and uses operating system threads to be as efficient as it could be.
- Built a custom user-generated content system that allowed visitors to share their videos. It uses the FFmpeg library to prepare videos for web delivery, and a PHP/MySQL custom application to moderate the content.
- Desktop DeveloperDatafix SRL2004 - 2005
Technologies: C, Java, Ideafix
- Improved and extended a custom ERP system built in C that uses the Ideafix framework.
- Adapted this desktop system to work on web browsers using a custom API that is consumed by a Java applet.