- DeveloperToptal Assignment2014 - 2014
Technologies: Node.js, AngularJS, Neo4j Graph Database
- Iterated to improve an AngularJS/Node.js prototype.
- Integrated Passport.js and Auth0 logins.
- Implemented and improved security for Node.js API.
- Wrote a server-side API test suite using Mocha and Chai.
- Prototyped version 2 in MEAN.IO.
- Freelance Web Application DeveloperPowma.com2011 - 2014
Technologies: MEAN (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js), PHP (Symphony, MySQL, MongoDB, Drupal), HTML5
- Developed world-class custom web applications for a variety of agencies and clients.
- Designed custom PHP web applications using Symfony2, Doctrine, MongoDB, CodeIgniter, LinkedIn, and OAuth.
- Designed custom MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.js) web applications with MEAN.IO and Chrome App.
- Designed custom Drupal web applications with Drupal7, HighCharts, custom REST API) and Drupal Commerce.
- Contributed to open source software such as Drupal Quickstart (open source dev env for Drupal), Passport-Freshbooks (Node.js OAuth Passport strategy), and NewHeights (Custom jQuery Plugin).
- EntrepreneurRedRipeApple.com2010 - 2011
Technologies: Software as a Service (SaaS), Drupal, Aegir, Drupal Commerce
- Assisted massage therapists and other micro-service providers to market and sell their services online. I conceived and built RRA as a SaaS company to offer high-quality marketing and scheduling websites.
- Built a prototype of the service using Drupal, Drupal Commerce, and Aegir (a multi-site Drupal hosting platform).
- Lead Developer and Director of EngineeringSecorix, Inc.2006 - 2010
Technologies: PHP, LAMP, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Worked on the Critical Infrastructure Protection Self-Assessment Tool (CIP SAT), which is a self-assessment platform using CIP for assessing the physical security of U.S. military bases world-wide.
- Acted as a developer to deliver the first phase of the project. Before my involvement, the project was in danger of being incomplete.
- Collaborated on the proposal, estimate, and SOW for the second phase.
- Managed development team and was lead developer for second phase. Delivered second phase on time and budget. Added multiple assessments, import/export, themes, database refactoring, and performance refactoring.
- Built corporate website.
- Transportation Captain and Picture Car CoordinatorIndependent Movie Productions2003 - 2009
- Worked on a variety of independent films including: The Darwin Awards, Valley of the Hearts Delight, Unflinching Triumph, and All About Evil.
- Managed script changes.
- Organized team of eight and planned logistics for production locations and company moves.
- Located antique car enthusiasts to bring their cars to set.
- Media MasterMahasiddha Dharma2008 - 2008
Technologies: Drupal, UberCart, Authorize.Net, Dreamweaver
- Led volunteer team to migrate websites from Dreamweaver to Drupal CMS.
- Updated event sales, newsletters, streaming audio media, and calendar.
- Collaborated with team for hosted events.
- Managed sound and video production for online releases.
- Data Integration ManagerEdusoft2002 - 2003
- Transformed Edusoft's data integration process. Previously, the company was selling more than production could fulfill.
- Upgraded the manual database integration process for K-12 test data.
- Cut CPU time from over five days to 12 hours, and then scaled up the process for larger sized customers.
- Hired and trained a team of four to triage and improve the process.
- ProgrammerKenamea, Inc.2001 - 2002
- Programmed a secure, reliable, once-and-only-once web messaging service with AJAX.
- Programmed integrated testing environments for QA.
- Conducted automated testing for continuous integration testing using Java and VB.
- ConsultantCap Gemini (now Earnst and Young)1997 - 1999
Technologies: Java, shell scripting, Sybase, MCSE
- Supported international clients with extensive travel in the US and Europe and worked with international teams.
- Wrote manufacturing test software used in factories worldwide for HP.
- Redesigned a survey tracking system for a medical company.
- Redesigned a distributed database for an insurance company.