Lead Developer, Team Augmentation, and Indie Contributor2014 - PRESENTToptal Clients
Technologies: Node.js, AngularJS, Meteor, DevOps
- Led the development of a prototype of a law office management app.
- Consulted for an enterprise company digesting 1,200 legacy applications.
- Oversaw the creation of an MVP of a team personality assessment app.
- Developed a prototype of a social networking app.
- Augmented a team that built a data scraping microservice for an auto sales app.
- Created the MVP of a medical information visualization app.
- Handled DevOps and application architecture for an enterprise API and networking app.
- Led the technical side of a mortgage lending company as both a developer and its interim CTO.
Freelance Web Application Developer2011 - 2014Powma.com
Technologies: MEAN (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js), PHP (Symfony, MySQL, MongoDB, Drupal), HTML5
- Developed custom web applications for a variety of agencies and clients.
- Designed custom PHP web applications using Symfony2, Doctrine, MongoDB, CodeIgniter, LinkedIn, and OAuth.
- Designed custom MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.js) web applications with MEAN.IO.
- Designed custom Drupal web applications with Drupal7, HighCharts, custom REST API) and Drupal Commerce.
- Contributed to open source software such as Drupal Quickstart (open source dev env for Drupal), Passport-Freshbooks (Node.js OAuth Passport strategy), and NewHeights (Custom jQuery Plugin).
Lead Developer and Director of Engineering2006 - 2010Secorix, Inc.
Technologies: PHP, LAMP, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Worked on the Critical Infrastructure Protection Self-Assessment Tool (CIP SAT), which is a self-assessment platform using CIP for assessing the physical security of US military bases worldwide.
- Acted as a developer to deliver the first phase of the project. Before my involvement, the project was in danger of being incomplete.
- Collaborated on the proposal, estimate, and SOW for the second phase.
- Managed the development team and led the second phase. Delivered the second phase on time and budget. Added multiple assessments, import/export, themes, database refactoring, and performance refactoring.
- Built the corporate website.
Transportation Captain and Picture Car Coordinator2003 - 2009Independent Movie Production
- Worked on a variety of independent films, including The Darwin Awards, Valley of the Hearts Delight, Unflinching Triumph, and All About Evil.
- Organized a team of eight and planned logistics for production locations and company moves.
- Located antique car enthusiasts to bring their cars to set.
Data Integration Manager2002 - 2003Edusoft
- Transformed Edusoft's data integration process. Previously, the company was selling more than production could fulfill.
- Upgraded the manual database integration process for K-12 test data.
- Cut CPU time from over five days to twelve hours, and then scaled up the process for larger sized customers.
- Hired and trained a team of four to triage and improve the process.
Programmer2001 - 2002Kenamea, Inc.
- Developed integrated testing environments for QA.
- Conducted automated testing for continuous integration testing using Java and VB.
Consultant1997 - 1999Cap Gemini (now Earnst and Young)
Technologies: Java, Shell Scripting, Sybase, MCSE
- Worked for clients in US and Europe.
- Wrote manufacturing test software used in workstation factories worldwide.
- Redesigned a survey tracking system for a medical company.
- Redesigned a distributed database for an insurance company.