Owner2009 - PRESENTTechnoMage
Technologies: Knockout.js, i18n, RSpec, Cucumber, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Node.js
- Built a Ruby on Rails site for an eCommerce manufacturer. Tasks included taking designs from the designer and rendering them in web technologies, full test suite development using Spec, and use of Knockout for select aspects of interactive site.
- Developed an international course registration system for a non-profit organization, offering 30,000+ courses a year. The system has traffic in all time zones and operates 24/365. The site involves extensive international translation support and admin functions to allow each center around the world to present course schedules, tailor the offerings, and control the application questions and workflow for approvals.
- Developed an iOS app for a client's in-house use to visualize business intelligence metrics and key indicators in real time.
- Provided telecom consulting for Sprint on workforce tasking, automation, and management.
- Worked on several Ruby on Rails smaller projects for in-house use by energy and lighting companies.
CTO/Lead Developer2000 - PRESENTCogility Software
Technologies: Express.js, Babel, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Ember.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Node.js
- Built a distributed self-healing complex event processing engine on Node.js/MongoDB that operates in real time on large data volumes.
- Led customer engagement with technology services and product sales.
- Built a cyber intrusion detection prototype on Node.js, Express, MongoDB, and a proprietary complex event processing engine.
- Led the development of the C-IED intelligence system for the US Army.
- Built an insider threat detection and monitoring system using Node.js, Express, Ember.js, and MongoDB.
- Built an enterprise IDE tool suite using PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails, and Java back-end, allowing integrated end-to-end modeling of a system through to production deployment.
Technical Project Manager2018 - 2018Synergized SARL (via Toptal)
Technologies: GraphQL, Vue.js, Elixir
- Led the technical effort from project start, tech selection, and significant technical contribution. Worked with user test input and designers in support of market fit. The project was a social and donation collection site in support of non-profits focusing initially on environment and ocean clean up organizations.
- Hosted the project on Heroku and used GitLab for CI/CD. Automated testing of back end components and GraphQL API using ExUnit. Provided end to end testing using cucumber and web driver. I set up the test environment and implemented 90% of the tests in conjunction with my implementation of the back-end and UI work.
Senior Manager1998 - 1999KPMG Consulting
Technologies: Workflow, VPN, Cisco, TIBCO
- Build an auto-provisioning system for DSL self-service use.
- Automated workflow generation and revision based on work orders as well as customer self-service changes and cancels.
- Supported a large $800 million telecom project involving automation of provisioning and related workflow.
- Created a unique network management and provisioning visualization system, including integration with billing and customer management packages.
- Trained deployment teams in technology and usage to support large customer rollouts.