C++ Developer in Floreşti, Județul Sibiu, Romania
Freelance Software Engineer and Game Developer2012 - PRESENTCozma Mihai IT PFA
Technologies: .NET, C++, Unity 3D, MEAN
- Developed a multi-platform, 3D dekstop game called Wisps: The Redeeming as an independent game developer using Unity3D.
- Published a multi-platform, 2D mobile game called Rusty Stings as an independent game developer using Unity3D.
- Coded the majority of a a 3D platform game in Unity3D called Sprout's Tale.
- Built a Unity3D based web app and mobile app, which allows users to place 3D pieces of furniture into a virtual room and design how the furniture would look in their own home.
- Developed a multiplayer, cross-platform, mobile 2D game, which used GameSparks as a back-end and had Facebook, Everyplay, App store, and Play store integrations.
- Coded an asynchronous multiplayer, cross-platform, mobile 2D game using Unity 3D for a client.
Software Engineer2009 - 2012Softland Romania
Technologies: C++, .NET, Entity Framework, SQL Server, Windows Driver Kit, WiX, Windows API, WCF, WPF
- Added several features, including font processing and digital signatures, to the company's novaPDF virtual print driver.
- Tested and implemented improvements on the novaPDF virtual print driver in order to certify it with Microsoft.
- Built a profile management solution for novaPDF that would allow an administrator to manage all printing profiles over the network in a centralized manner.
- Configured a new GUI for novaPDF printer profiles.
- Designed and implemented a complex, plug-in based, SOAP based system for managing and monitoring any desktop application over the intranet or WAN network.
Software Engineer2006 - 2009Neverfail Group
Technologies: C++, Java, .NET, Windows API
- Co-invented a plug-in based system for managing Neverfail's Heartbeat applications.
- Created a manager for Windows Services.
- Developed an algorithm to quickly detect patterns in large amounts of streaming data, as an input for a proprietary compression algorithm.
- Maintained the Neverfail Heartbeat core product.
- Performed various tests and system improvements.
Software Engineer2005 - 2006Softvision Consulting
Technologies: C++, COM, WTL, MAPI, Windows API
- Developed a desktop product that could sync contacts between various versions of Microsoft Outlook and a SOAP based web service.
- Led a team of three people.
- Used MAPI standard to interface with Outlook contacts.
- Created a tree based, conflict solving system that allowed users to successfully manage syncing conflicts automatically.
- Worked closely with the outsourcing client.
- Wisps: The Redeeming (Development)
A cross-platform, desktop based video game that I developed as part of an indie game developer project using Unity 3D.
- Rusty Stings (Development)
A cross-platform, mobile 2D video game that I developed as part of an indie game development project using Unity 3D.
- Sprout's Tale (Development)http://www.indiedb.com/games/sprout
A game I developed using Unity 3D that targets various video game console platforms. The game has not been released yet.
- Banana Challenge (Development)
An unreleased, multiplayer, cross-platform, mobile video game that features a GameSparks back-end, Photon multiplayer, and integrations for Facebook, Everyplay, the App Store, Unity Ads, and Play Store. The game is turn based and features two characters fighting with various weapons in different environments.
- Unreleased Async Multiplayer Game (Development)
A game that uses GameSparks for the back-end and features various integration and fun gameplay.
- Plug-in Based Software Manager (Development)
A project that allows administrators to deploy, manage, and monitor a large number of desktop based software installations over the intranet or WAN. It featured a service-oriented architecture and allowed for any type of desktop software to be managed through a plug-in system.
- Furniture Virtual Designer (Development)
A project developed as part of a larger system using Unity 3D. It ran on web pages and mobile devices, while allowing users to drag and arrange their furniture pieces in a virtual room of specified dimensions. The purpose was to help users visualize how the furniture would look in their homes.
- novaPDF Virtual Printer Driver (Development)
A project where I added many features to the novaPDF printer driver, such as Type 1 font processing, digital signatures, memory management and monitoring, performance optimizations, and a printing profile manager that allowed users to manage printing profiles over an intranet.
- Pattern Design and Cloth Simulation (Development)
As part of a larger, virtual fashion design project, I developed a pattern designer using Bezier curves, as well as a system for manipulating 3D cloth pieces to realistically follow forms they were place upon.
- Pattern Detection Algorithm (Other amazing things)
While working on Neverfail Group's Heartbeat, I developed a high performance algorithm for specific, variable pattern detection in big data streams, that was a pre-step for the compression algorithm.
- Plug-In Manager for Neverfail Hearbeat (Development)
An application plug-in manager for Neverfail Group's core application, Heartbeat. The application enabled dynamically loading plug-ins at runtime and protected various Windows applications, allowing for a flexible licensing system. I am listed as a co-inventor on the US-patent for this component.
- Self - Configuring UI (Other amazing things)
A dynamically configured UI that works with configuration files automatically adjusts its modular layout to the structure of the xml configuration file.
- Particle FX (Development)
A particle system simulator for game development, supporting configuration through the Lua scripting language.
- Prograf (Development)
A Visual Programming IDE that allows developers to write blocks using the LUA language, which is then loaded into the UI and can be placed by the visual developer onto a canvas to link with visually developed applications.
- Taxi Nova (Development)
An application for the personnel management of a local taxi company.
- Contacts Synchronization Application (Development)
A Windows based desktop application that automatically synchronizes contacts between various Microsoft Outlook versions and a SOAP based web service. The application allows for complex conflict solving rules defined by the user.
- Mastering 2D Cameras in Unity: A Tutorial for Game Developers (Publication)Camera systems are very important in conveying the right atmosphere in video games. When developing games, even 2D ones, advanced cameras should be your tool of choice. In this article, Toptal engineer Mihai Cozma shows us how to build a modular camera system for 2D platform games using some simple components in Unity that can be easily extended to 2.5D or even 3D games.
FrameworksWindows Communication Framework (WCF), Mono, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Unity3D, Windows PowerShell, Entity 6, Unreal Engine, ASP.NET, Express.js, AngularJS
ToolsAdobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visual Studio, WiX, MonoDevelop
ParadigmsWaterfall Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Design Patterns, Asynchronous Programming, Agile Software Development
OtherGame Development, Back-end Development, Game Design, Ajax, Front-end
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2001 - 2006Technical University of Cluj Napoca - Cluj-Napoca