Data Engineering Manager2015 - 2022ExpressVPN
Technologies: Terraform, Python, SQL, Tableau, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Airflow, AWS RDS, Git, Linux, PostgreSQL, Redshift, MySQL, Query Optimization, ETL, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Google BigQuery, BigQuery, Big Data, Data Engineering, Data Pipelines, DBT, Databases, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Docker, CI/CD Pipelines, Data Warehousing, Data Quality, AWS, Pandas, Unicorn, Capistrano, RSpec, Haml, Sidekiq
- Drove the design and implementation of the next version of the company-wide data platform to be cloud-native, real-time, scalable, automated, and ultimately self-served.
- Led the data engineering team to maintain, operate, and enhance the legacy data platform that's still supporting all analytics needs for the business.
- Planned and drove the migration of several critical back-end systems to Kubernetes to achieve better availability and scalability.
Head Software Developer2014 - 2015Bindo Labs
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), MySQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Query Optimization, Linux, Databases, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), CI/CD Pipelines, Unicorn, Capistrano, RSpec, Haml
- Led the revamp and unification of several existing RESTful APIs for better performance and control.
- Oversaw requirements gathering, feature design, and system development.
- Evaluated and tested new tools and workflows for continuously optimizing team members' work and automating operations.
System Analyst2013 - 2014StartJG
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Git, ASP.NET, C#, Databases, CI/CD Pipelines
- Built the development and continuous integration workflows using Gitflow and TeamCity.
- Set up and administered development VMs for project development using VMWare vSphere, Windows 7, and Ubuntu Server.
- Participated in module implementation in ASP.NET projects and a client-side web app in AngularJS and CoffeeScript.
Senior System Architect2011 - 2013iClick Interactive Asia Limited
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), MySQL, Greenplum, Hadoop, HBase, Git, Linux, Query Optimization, ETL, Big Data, Data Engineering, Databases, Capistrano
- Implemented and maintained a real-time ad impression bidding system (20.000+ requests/s, <100ms response time) integrated with Google Ad Exchange and various ad platforms.
- Participated in building the Hadoop-based big data system for ad data analyses.
- Optimized and operated the ad-serving and tracking servers to serve more than 2.000 tracking requests/s.