Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineer and Back-end Developer
Nash is an experienced back-end and data engineer. He has 10+ years of experience in back-end development and system design, ETL development, big data system design, operation, performance, and cost optimization. As a certified AWS Solutions Architect, Nash helps companies and teams migrate their on-premise systems to AWS to achieve better scalability, security, and higher availability at a lower cost.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Terraform, Python, SQL, Ruby
The most amazing...
...system I've built is a data platform that supports various data sources, a governed data lake, and real-time ETL pipelines ultimately used by the whole company.
Data Engineering Manager
- Drove the design and implementation of the next version of the company-wide data platform to be cloud-native, real-time, scalable, automated, and ultimately self-served.
- Led the data engineering team to maintain, operate, and enhance the legacy data platform that's still supporting all analytics needs for the business.
- Planned and drove the migration of several critical back-end systems to Kubernetes to achieve better availability and scalability.
Head Software Developer
- Led the revamp and unification of several existing RESTful APIs for better performance and control.
- Oversaw requirements gathering, feature design, and system development.
- Evaluated and tested new tools and workflows for continuously optimizing team members' work and automating operations.
- Built the development and continuous integration workflows using Gitflow and TeamCity.
- Set up and administered development VMs for project development using VMWare vSphere, Windows 7, and Ubuntu Server.
- Participated in module implementation in ASP.NET projects and a client-side web app in AngularJS and CoffeeScript.
Senior System Architect
iClick Interactive Asia Limited
- Implemented and maintained a real-time ad impression bidding system (20.000+ requests/s, <100ms response time) integrated with Google Ad Exchange and various ad platforms.
- Participated in building the Hadoop-based big data system for ad data analyses.
- Optimized and operated the ad-serving and tracking servers to serve more than 2.000 tracking requests/s.
I actively participated in feature development, ad platform integration, system optimization, and building of the first generation data warehouse.
Python, SQL, Ruby, Unicorn, Haml, C#
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Hadoop, ASP.NET
Terraform, Apache Airflow, BigQuery, Capistrano, RSpec, Git, AWS Glue, Tableau
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Data Pipelines, Greenplum, Microsoft SQL Server, HBase
Amazon RDS, Query Optimization, Data Engineering, Google BigQuery, Data Build Tool (dbt), Data Warehousing, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Big Data, CI/CD Pipelines, Data Quality
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
The Chinese University of Hong Kong - Hong Kong, China
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring