Verified Expert in Engineering
Nikhil is an experienced Salesforce developer and consultant with a solid background in designing, customizing, analyzing, and maintaining Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) systems for various businesses. His primary focus and expertise include Salesforce Lightning UI, components, design standards, custom home, app, and record FlexiPages. Nikhil is enthusiastic about taking on new challenges and applying his skills and knowledge to deliver outstanding results.
The most amazing...
...project I've implemented is deploying Google Geolocation API and creating Visualforce pages to show maps charting sales by state.
Salesforce Lightning Developer | App Consultant
- Set up and configured Sales and Service Cloud. Had hands-on experience with workflow and approvals, lead and opportunity management, reports and dashboard, email templates, Live Agent, knowledge base, and CTI Integration.
- Set up campaigns in Marketing Cloud, creating landing pages, forms, and form handlers. Also drafted emails and web-to-lead forms; involved in a custom profile center and working with Engagement Studio.
- Created a one-to-one, customer-centric journey using Interaction Studio and integrated it with Sales Cloud to track, report, and manage the customer lifecycle. Used AMPscript to update HTML-based email and landing pages.
- Worked with various AppExchange applications, such as Jitterbit, Data Loader, Conga Composer, Formstack, DocuSign, and QuickBooks. Integrated the apps with Salesforce using SOAP and REST-based web services.
- Executed the migration from the Salesforce Classic to the Salesforce Lightning environment. Built a ticketing app using Lightning components and leveraged the Apex controller to make a call for external requests to retrieve data.
- Involved in hands-on experience with administrative activities like setting up roles and profiles, workflow rules, validation rules, page layouts, process builder, flows, Apex Data Loader, Salesforce user set up, reports, and dashboards.
- Deployed Envox PhoneLink, a computer telephony integration (CTI) solution from AppExchange that adds screen pop-up and click-to-dial capabilities within Salesforce. Also, implemented a log call activity and time, adding notes and a summary.
- Created a report and dashboard for all number fields per opportunity and a workflow rule to update the close date one year ahead of the date of the opportunity. Also, added buckets, charts, and components to reports.
Salesforce Developer | Technical Lead
- Automated business processes using Salesforce automation tools, such as Process Builder, Apex triggers, workflows, formulas, flows, assignment rules, and e-mail alerts.
- Performed data mapping and migration from legacy systems to Salesforce objects and fields using tools like Apex Data Loader, dataloader.io, RingLead, and Jitterbit.
- Created roles and profiles and implemented security and sharing rules at the object, field, and record levels for different users at different organization levels.
- Worked on Service Cloud projects and implemented Omni-Channel, Field Service Lightning, Salesforce Chat (formerly Salesforce Live Agent), entitlement process, knowledge base, quick text, and macros.
- Developed a customer management app for the customer service team to track client databases and financial transactions by collecting requirements on the customer portal.
- Set up email-based lead onboarding journeys, created in Journey Builder to manage and engage with leads and drive them towards converting into an opportunity.
- Built multi-function automation and multi-step journeys using Journey Builder and Automation Studio. Created dynamic email and SMS based on customer demographic.
- Configured profiles and administrative permissions to grant/deny users access to platform features. Created dashboards for the case team members to keep track of the cases assigned to them and to share insight across the company.
- Worked on data migration from databases to SFDC using Data Loader. Built the organization's role hierarchy by adding the roles per the organization structure and created custom profiles to satisfy the order.
- Experienced in administration, configuration, implementation, and support of the Salesforce CRM and Salesforce SFA applications based on the Apex language and leveraging the Force.com Platform and SaaS (Software as a Service) application.
- Used the Force.com plugin for the Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE) to develop, enhance, test, and deploy applications on the Salesforce platform. Migrated code using deployment tools like Git and GitHub.
- Wrote batch classes to manipulate mass data and invoked it from apex classes and triggers. Deployed Apex using the Force.com IDE, Force.com migration tool, and web services API.
Salesforce for Donations and Volunteer Management
After studying the objectives, I built a solution for the client's requirement of the donor, donation, and impact management system on top of the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). The solution allowed recording virtual donations with high accuracy through automation: recording and tracking donors and their contributions, which reduced manual intervention and provided high data visibility.
The solution implements reliable allocation management as it includes precise distribution of donation amount to patients. It concisely implements the bank reconciliation process and manages all check transactions.
With the same Salesforce environment, the client manages volunteers as well. The solution allows volunteer recruitment, job creation, assignments, schedule management, and tracking performance.
Salesforce Communities and Amazon S3 Drive Integration
Modifying the cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) policy in the Amazon S3 drive allowed for maintaining security and access from the Salesforce instance. I added a date-time stamp and a record ID to maintain uniqueness when uploading to the S3 drive.
I created a button on the community pages and public sites that allows users to upload a file, with a rich text area field on the record to store downloadable links for multi-file upload.
Salesforce and Stripe Payments Integration
I used Stripe API keys to fetch customers and payments from Stripe. There was no need for extra authentication because Stripe provided us with their API for authentication. With the help of Stripe APIs, we fetched the customer and payment info. The information fetched was in JSON format, so you have to parse it and display it on the Salesforce side in the respective Salesforce objects.
I created an Apex batch class to sync the data from Stripe into Salesforce. We scheduled this batch class to run every hour and sync the stripe data created in the past hour into Salesforce. After completing the Apex job in Salesforce, customer and payment records were created in Salesforce.
Contacts List View Customization in Salesforce Lightning
The client required a list view of contacts with full details of long text area fields and wanted an extended text area in search filters, which was not supported out of the box. Also, the client had Salesforce Shield enabled, which restricted using StandardSetController objects. To overcome this issue, I used Tooling API. In the standard filters in Lightning, there are some predefined filters, and these filters do not support long text area fields.
The customized solution in Salesforce Lightning, where the list view was created, supported long text area fields and properly displayed the field's content. Advanced filters addition screen was implemented, supporting the long text area fields. The contacts could now be selected using various filters previously not supported in Salesforce Lightning.
Automated Email Triggers on Missed Campaign Data (Dell Boomi)
However, during an audit of the past two years' campaign data, the client discovered inaccuracies in the reporting, resulting in inadequate assessments and missed opportunities. To prevent this in the future, I identified the areas where data was not reported by developing custom audit hooks in the process flow.
1. Leveraging Dell Boomi, I generated Salesforce Marketing Cloud data as files, which were ingested into Enterprise Data Warehouse for report generation.
2. This built-in stored procedure identified incidences of missed data, enabling automated email alerts to capture the correct data at the right time for detailed campaign analysis.
Visualforce, Lightning Components, AngularJS
Salesforce API, Salesforce SOAP API, Salesforce REST API, Salesforce Bulk API, Google API, Google Maps API, Twilio API, QuickBooks API, NetSuite API, Stripe API, Chargent API, Node.js, React, Campaign Monitor API, WhatsApp API
Salesforce CPQ, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Zapier, Batch Apex, Flow, Visualforce Pages, Lightning Design System, Force.com Migration Tool, Field Service Lightning, Salesforce Dataloader, Eclipse IDE, Formstack, Form Assembly, Conga Composer, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Salesforce DX, Jira, Mailchimp, Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC), Google Analytics
Agile, Best Practices
Salesforce, Salesforce SOQL/SOSL, Force.com IDE, Salesforce 1, MuleSoft, Twilio, Zoho CRM, Shopify, WordPress, Workato
JSON, Dataloader.io, Web Forms, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Dell Boomi
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
ABES Engineering College - Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Diploma in Computer Science
Delhi Public School - Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
Salesforce Certified Data Architect
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer
Salesforce Certified Integration Architecture Designer
Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Architect
Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
Salesforce Certified Administrator