Oliver Perez Camargo
Verified Expert in Engineering
3D Rendering Developer
Oliver is an engineer who is highly passionate about creating dazzling user experiences with a focus on graphics and interactivity. He is also an experienced entrepreneur, which gives him the ability to understand the requirements of a business as a whole. Oliver is very proactive and can work with little to no guidance if needed, so he is a very good fit for projects that require creativity and nontrivial problem-solving.
Git, Unreal Engine, C++, Python, Django, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, Next.js
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a port of XNA to C++ with OpenGL from scratch. I then made a game on top of it with high-end graphics.
Founder | CTO | Director
- Bootstrapped a multidisciplinary team of 18 highly talented individuals.
- Trained the software development team on SOLID and other best practices.
- Kept projects on schedule and coordinated across several disciplines.
- Designed and implemented Unreal Engine plugins to help other developers create highly modular, maintainable, and reusable software.
- Designed, developed, and optimized crucial parts of a metaverse-like experience with areas of 100 and 2000 users, mini-games, drawing boards, and other attractions.
Software Architect and Developer
Locos por las Canchas
- Created a platform to make bookings for soccer courts.
- Designed and implemented a highly scalable architecture with Firebase and Node.js to accommodate thousands of bookings per minute.
- Developed the Android and iOs applications for end users.
- Led the front-end team in creating a web application for end users and an administrative site for the court owners.
- Improved an existing back-end to make it highly scalable, support real-time interaction, and free of bugs.
- Created a hybrid application with Ionic for iOS and Android.
- Built an administrative site with AngularJS and Firebase.
- Developed an API so stores could synchronize their prices and inventory with the main server.
- Served on the directive board, viewing the business as an engineer and as an administrator.
- Configured and studied analytics to understand user behavior within the mobile application.
- Created a hybrid application by mixing Cordova with Backbone to overcome many obstacles related to developing hybrid applications.
- Developed several plugins for Cordova, including a GPS tracker that runs in the background without compromising battery life.
- Built the back-end in Django, modifying the standard architecture to be a fully REST server.
- Configured a dynamic media server on Amazon S3 with Django to support security for the users' media.
- Led a team of software engineers that were added to the project.
Senior Unity Developerhttps://neuroscape.ucsf.edu/researchers-ace/
As the new developer in charge, Oliver migrated the original prototype from Objective-C to Unity in a couple of months. Since Neuroscape initially expected the development time and costs to be way higher, they decided to use their remaining budget to extend the project's scope, including new features, tasks, and UI.
The biggest challenge was to display and capture precise and normalized data across several devices. The researchers would then use this data to support scientific research that would be pair-tested.
Metaverse for Company Employees
The platform needed to support thousands of concurrent users distributed among rooms with up to 100 users per room. There was also a concert-like room where 1-5 particular users could broadcast to an audience of more than two thousand spectators—the experience needed to support VR and PC interfaces.
I designed the system's architecture, including game servers, load balancing, logic servers, and databases. I also implemented and optimized the replication of the actors in the rooms and implemented the core features of the multiplayer VR.
ArkZ - Tactical Shooter Against Monsters
Interactive Arquitectural Visualization with HTC Vivehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsBfeHM6f-4
This project took three weeks, and the end result was a VR simulation using the HTC Vive headset, where users can change the structure's materials and add furniture.
My job was to program the interactivity, compose the scene, specifically lighting and post-process, and direct artists during the generation of the required assets.
Locos por las Canchas
I designed and implemented the native iOS and Android apps. I used Mixpanel, Oliver, and LpC's founders studied the analytics data and ran A/B testing. This maximized up to 300% user conversion over four months.
With systems in place to track and catch errors, the apps failed in less than 2% of the clients after launch. I pinpointed and quickly fixed the errors, and crashes, then tracked incompatible device models and removed them.
Fanbase Sports Media
The team found his broad skills and expertise so valuable that they asked me to help with styling, analytics, and data analysis, which he tackled efficiently and effectively.
Lead Web Developer
My expertise in web architecture was essential in setting up the project with NextJS, and I also implemented some of the UI interactions. My graphics programming skills also proved valuable to the team, as I helped with shaders and optimizations for ThreeJs.
Unfortunately, due to the crypto crisis of 2022, the investors ultimately canceled the project. Despite the outcome, my contributions were critical to the project's development.
Django, Unreal Engine, Django REST Framework, Unreal Engine 4, Blueprint, Unity, Next.js, AngularJS, Redux, Tailwind CSS, Angular
WebGL, Node.js, OpenGL, Django ORM, React, Three.js
Git, GitHub, Google Analytics, Prisma, Xcode, Android Studio, Flash, Figma, AngularFire
Heroku, Software Design Patterns, Firebase, Oculus, Mixpanel, iOS, Android, Vercel
Game Development, Front-end, Back-end Development, 3D Rendering, Blueprints Visual Scripting, EdgeGap, Fibery, 3D Graphics, Software Design, SOLID Principles, 3D Games, Gaming, Shaders, Architecture, Leadership, 3D, Multiplayer, Networking, Virtual Reality (VR), 3D Animation, Unreal Engine 5, Game Design, Game Design Documentation, Production, RPC
Scrum, Data Science
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidad Simón Bólivar - Caracas, Venezuela