Senior Full-stack Engineer2020 - PRESENTDfuzr Industries
Technologies: React, Gatsby, Docusaurus, GraphQL, PHP, WordPress, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), NPM Packages, SCSS, Webpack
- Re-architected Diem.com's background to decouple the front end and back end, eventually using WordPress as a headless CMS with Gatsby and Sass on the front end.
- Served as the lead developer on Facebook Open Source's showcase site, built with TypeScript, React, Storybook, Sass modules, Jest, Plop.js, and Docusaurus.
- Used PHP to build a recursive migrator for moving data from Fieldmanager to Advanced Custom Fields for Diem.com.
- Communicated effectively in a fully remote environment.
Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018CollegeVine
Technologies: React, Gatsby, WordPress, PHP, CSS-in-JS, A/B Testing
- Implemented site speed optimizations on our WordPress site. I used Lighthouse and GTMetrics to understand what our bottlenecks were, then used preloading, pre-connecting, and critical style inlining to speed up loading by 25%.
- Developed and maintained the front-end components such as a new universal navigation bar, footer, and consultation form on both of our websites. The first one was our main website, built with React, Gatsby, and SCSS. The second was a WordPress blog.
- Refactored our styles to be component scoped to better encapsulate our styling. This resulted in fewer errors when writing SCSS and a faster development time.
Contract Enterprise Engineer (Full-stack)2017 - 2018
- Wrote front-end components with React, Relay, and GraphQL.
- Created a notification system for order transactions in PHP on the back end. Notifications would be sent out through email and the Facebook app. The challenge here was understanding Facebook's architecture and how to plug into it.
- Connected to Facebook's address doctor library to implement back-end address validation.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Chess.com
- Wrote components with Vue.js, VueX (similar to Redux), and SCSS. I also wrote back-end routing using PHP Symfony.
- Developed the entire application (the mini-game solo chess) myself, demonstrating my seniority and planning skills.
- Contributed to and worked with an 80,000 file codebase. Chess.com is one of the 1000 most popular sites in the world, so it operates on a very large scale.
Front-end Developer | Designer2016 - 2017Freelance
- Crafted personalized designs using Balsamiq and Photoshop. My time designing websites gave me an appreciation for the importance of visual detail and user experience.
- Used Jekyll, Lunr, and Bowtie.io to create a fashion blog. This unconventional approach allowed us to have the benefits and security of a static site generator (Jekyll) with the features of a more traditional site such as login and search.